Help on networking my house

just pick up a router and some cables, its actually very easy to set up, lots of routers are really cheap no, so finding one shouldnt be a problem. if you want to share files between the computers, the windows autoconnect thingy works fine

Well, that depends, how close everything is going to be together.
If things are close I'd recomend getting a router and connecting the pc's and the xbox to the router.
If you need to go wireless it depends on what you want to do.
I'd recomend atleast trying to keep the xbox wired, as the wireless adapter for the xbox is pretty pricey.
Do you need high speed transfer between pc's
Many questions can be asked, so more info would help

I say.... get a wirless router that also has a wired port (mine is some dlink notebook kit that came with a notebook card). So look for a decent router, get two pc card things, and just connect the xbox to the wired part.

I recommend D-Link or Linksys. I've used both of these routers (both with a PS2 via ethernet) and they work great:

Wired: DI-604 (~$30)
Wireless: DI-524 (~$50)

If you do not have much computer skills. I recommend getting a netgear or D-link. they have extremely simple setups. The netgear d614 is the best out right now. linksys is good but you need networking experience setting them up.

bread's done
Back