HELP OR BUY: Ps2 staring to get DRE's (PLEESE?)

stocker08

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
My ps2 just started to get DRE's. Only for older ps2 games. The ones on Compact Disks. I was hoping to sell it to someone who might know how to fix it. I have already opened it up and cleaned the lens and adjusted the white disk thingy. It didnt work, so i put it back to how it was. Lots of places i have looked suggest that the voltage needs to be increased but i dont really understand how to do that.

Its a SCPH-3001. Its a V4 board. Make offers if you think you can fix it. It still plays dvds and dvd based games.

actually you can still get it fixed with sony even if the warranty seal is broken, you just tell them you bought it pre played or some crap & it came without one (make sure to remove all traces of it) I know it's devious but they'll work with you and place another seal when they return it plus give you a 90 day , I did this a few months back ,they'll ask you a few stock questions mainly trying to see if you modified it, give you a line about we'll see what we can do when you ship it in as in if they find evidence of tampering you have to pay for the repairs otherwise its FREE...

[quote name='stocker08']well?[/QUOTE]

Well since you've asked sooooooo nicely I'll give you the official sony help number minus a few digits.

1800-345-7###

I'm sure you can find the rest of easy enough.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well since you've asked sooooooo nicely I'll give you the official sony help number minus a few digits.

1800-345-7###

I'm sure you can find the rest of easy enough.:D[/QUOTE]

i meant it in a polite way................ :)

Thanks Epic Wolf, thats a good idea. That would be so awesome if i could get it fixed because.............well it would be gey if it was broken.........

I'm just being an ass, try 1-800-345-7669. Basically they ask you a few BS questions, like the other guy said just make sure you tell them it was bought used from like EB and they shouldn't charge you for the repairs even though it's been messed with.

Oh and the turn around time is amazing, they told me it could take a month, I got it back within 2 weeks.

so much for fixing it for free..................the guy said it was off warrenty and it would cost me 45$ to send in, and they would send me another used one.

yeah there are some FAQs on GameFAQs that will tell you how to adjust the laser. That is probably what you need to do to fix your problem.

[quote name='stocker08']so much for fixing it for free..................the guy said it was off warrenty and it would cost me 45$ to send in, and they would send me another used one.[/QUOTE]

That's what I expected... I don't know where some of you heard about Sony fixing DRE PS2s for free. That's only up to a year (they go by model number) and even then, it's dependent on who processes your call. Sony has the worst customer support, IMO.

I say you just eBay it with some games and use the money towards one of the new PStwos.

[quote name='Vinny']That's what I expected... I don't know where some of you heard about Sony fixing DRE PS2s for free. That's only up to a year (they go by model number) and even then, it's dependent on who processes your call. Sony has the worst customer support, IMO.

I say you just eBay it with some games and use the money towards one of the new PStwos.[/QUOTE]

I sent mine in 4 years after I purchased it and they didn't have a single problem fixing it.

They fixed mine for free years after I bought it. I broke the seal too, and when the woman asked, "Has the seal on the back been broken or have you opened the console?", I just said, "Yeah."

WTF, does Sony hate our family or something? We've had so much trouble with their products... beyond the PS2 and PSP.

[quote name='Vinny']WTF, does Sony hate our family or something? We've had so much trouble with their products... beyond the PS2 and PSP.[/QUOTE]

Oh Sony is an evil company. I use to have 2 Sony Trinitron monitors, both of the crapped out after 4 years. My sister's sony CD player died on a plane after a year, I've also had sony computers, TVs and VHS players that were a problem. In fact the only really good Sony products I've ever bought were the PS1 and PS2.

I thought they stopped offering the free repairs. I should really call them...

The way I heard it, Sony was either going to face a class-action lawsuit because of the wide-spread DREs, or they could save themslelves a lot in the process and fix them for free. Over at GameFAQs (yes, I know most of you probably hate it), that phone number is worshipped. Literally hundreds (if not thousands) of people have received free repairs from it...

bread's done
Back