Help Please!!! Xbox 360 harddrive problems with backward compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticheat

CAGiversary!
My hard drive seems to be messed up because it can't load any backward compatibility games such as Halo 2. When i try to load the game it goes back to the dashboard and says,

"Unrecognized Disc - This disc is unreadable.

1. Clean The disc with a soft cloth.
2. Restart the console."

The weird thing is all my backward compatible games were working before and suddenly i get this error for all of them. I know my games havent been damaged all of a sudden. I'm sure it reads because it says the name of the game at the dashboard but it just will not load it. 360 games and DVDs work fine. Any suggestions?

Download the latest compatibility update from the Xbox site, burn it to a CDROM and stick the disc in your 360's drive. It should reload the update from the CD and hopefully fix the issue.

*Update* -
It is the hard drive, i brought it over to a friend's house to tried it on his elite. When we tried his xbox games and my games the error came up too.

yeah so i just tried the update idea, it says i got the latest at first so then I deleted it from the hard drive to reinstall. I still get the same error, so fustrating. I wanted to try to update from Live but it needs to load the game to get the screen to download the update. It was a July update, I'll wait around if they come out with a new one. Thanks for the advice strike4242.

If it's the HD, then I think there's a way to reformat it back to factory spec, which should fix the issue. If not, then you'll need to call MS to get a replacement drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back