Help Please!!!

bullsrfive

CAGiversary!
So tomorrow night I'm having movie night at my place. I have a 60 inch Pioneer Elite plasma TV. Well I just tried out my PS3 on that tv and it doesn't work!! It works perfectly fine on my 32 inch Sony Bravia. The problem is with the HDMI cable, the tv says its an illegal signal, and I threw away the component cables that came with it cuz i thought i would never need it. I tried the ps2 component cables and it doesn't work.

Making matters is worse is that the TV doesn't have speakers, its connected to a receiver thats connected to speaker, and the reciever doesn't have an hdmi slot. So i think even if i get the picture to work, there would be no sound? Please help.

use a toslink for the audio, did you try the hold down the power button for 5 seconds to reset it thing??? That's all I got bro

Yeah, try what Shadow said dude, Reset Display Settings, sometimes when you put the PS3 on another TV, you have to do this, just hold the power button, then release it after you hear 2 beeps, it will shut off automatically, then you just turn it back on with the HDMI cable, and it will detect it automatically.

thanks dude, i did what u guys said and it worked. now the problem is that there is no sound. the tv doesnt hav integral speakers. and i tried the different signals and there is no sound.

someone told me i hav to go buy an optical cable. i'll try that out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bullsrfive']thanks dude, i did what u guys said and it worked. now the problem is that there is no sound. the tv doesnt hav integral speakers. and i tried the different signals and there is no sound.

someone told me i hav to go buy an optical cable. i'll try that out tomorrow.[/quote]
that's what I meant when I said Toslink....it's what the digital optical cables are called.....then you will have to go in the system settings somewhere and set that up on your PS3....should be all set.

Remeber you can get cheap cables from monoprice.com don't go spending too much money on a cable you can get for like $3 instead.

you can also borrow someones ps2 cables and use them for the audio.

just go into the audio menu and change it over.

bread's done
Back