Help PSP Video 9

erika1209

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
So i used dvd decrypter and it looks like i have the vob in my hard drive but something's wrong with psp video 9. I downloaded it and it looks a little funny like some of the boxes overlap one another in the convert menu. I was able to convert it once and it showed up in the copy section but it was something like 1335 MB and it wouldn't allow me to transfer it to my psp because although i have a 1 gb memory stick with nothing on it it only says something like 949 MB available. So i tried to convert it again and it won't let me. An error saying input string was not in correct format comes up and gives me the option to see details continue or quit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use DVDShrink instead of decrypter because it allows you to combine VOB files for movies.
What setting are you using for compression? I've had the most success with Movie (however long the movie is).
Some movies don't work; not too many, but maybe 20% or so that I've tried won't work with PSPVideo 9.

[quote name='the ender']http://jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050328_convert_dvd_movies_for_your_sony_psp.html

This might help.

Use SmartRipper to get the VOB files to your hard drive, then use FlaskMPEG to make them into one AVI file. Then use PSP Video 9 to convert it MPEG4 for your memory stick. The key is the preset conversion settings PSP Video 9 offers. Usually I use the Movie 0-2 Hours setting.

Anyway, check the link. It's very helpful.[/quote]

No offense, but that's a lot of work!

I would suggest using DVD Decrypter to make a small test VOB -- maybe just one chapter of the movie you're trying to convert.

Now run it through PSP video.

Does it work?

If you got PSP Video to work the first time, that's promising. Maybe you tried to run your too-large MP4 through PSP Video again? I'm not sure that would work, and might lead to the error you see. The VOB should not be changed by the process, so I'm not sure why it would work once but not again.

How long is the movie you're trying to convert? You should be able to get a 2 hour movie on to a 1GB stick. For something like that, it ends up being 600-700 MB for me. That's using the SP/29.97fps/768kbps quality setting for TV/video or SP-Anime for animation.

bread's done
Back