Help Selling Stuff on Ebay?

TheGreat2nd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm a noobie when it comes to selling stuff on Ebay.
In fact, I've never done it :p

I have a Nintendogs Electric Blue Best Friends bundle.
How much could it fetch on Ebay?
I don't know how to use Ebay at all, anybody care to show me the ropes?
(ie, PayPal, listings, shipping the actual product, etc.)

The first thing to do is create an ebay account. When you've done this you can search the auction listings and under the auction search options you can choose to look at ended auctions which will give you a good idea of how much the system will fetch.

When listing your item make sure you list it under the video games catagory with a very discriptive title like: Nintendo DS Blue Nintendogs Blundle

Then if at all possible make sure you include an actual picture of everything you're selling, this should help increase the end auction price since as a new seller you won't have any feedback.

Finally give a very good condition of the item in the description, and make sure you include $3 extra in the shipping cost so you can send it with insurance and DC just in case in never arrives or arrives in non-working condition.

How much would it cost to ship out a DS?

And what is PayPal? I know it is used to send money, but how is it related to Ebay? Neccesary?

[quote name='shadow9689']How much would it cost to ship out a DS?

And what is PayPal? I know it is used to send money, but how is it related to Ebay? Neccesary?[/QUOTE]

Paypal isn't neccesary but it is helpful when people want to pay for their auctions. Paypal is like a Western Union but you can use it to purchase things online or receive payments online too. It is a service that works with ebay to make transactions smoother.

first of all, do you mean you have a teal best friends bundle? Im unaware of them ever making an electric blue bundle.

[quote name='shadow9689']How much would it cost to ship out a DS?

And what is PayPal? I know it is used to send money, but how is it related to Ebay? Neccesary?[/quote]

I'd charge $13 to ship it, this should be enough to send it priority with delivery confirmation and to insure it for $150.

PayPal allows people to send you money electronically, however if you want actually cash it can be a bit of a pain to get it set up to put the money in your bank account or have them send you a check. You might want to consider accepting only money orders as payment.

Most sellers accept PayPal and most buyers use it. I probably have 10-20 PayPal payments for every money order sent to me. You sign up with your e-mail address as your account login and buyers send payment to that account through PP's system. Although for eBay stuff you link it to your seller's account and eBay's checkout streamlines the whole process.

Not accepting PayPal sometimes doesn't seem to affect the final price much, but I wouldn't chance it myself.

Another thing to consider is that if you'll be selling from a new 0 FB account that will also affect your final price. Though again it often doesn't seem to hurt as much as you might think.

Keep in mind paypal charges a fee if someone pays by credit card. You could lose around 5-6 bucks just for accepting pay pal before any ebay fees are accessed.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']first of all, do you mean you have a teal best friends bundle? Im unaware of them ever making an electric blue bundle.[/QUOTE]
^

Thanks for all the help so far CAGers.
I'm going to look into trying to sell with a money order.
I'm not too keen on actually keeping a PayPal account, I don't really buy stuff online that much with PayPal.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']first of all, do you mean you have a teal best friends bundle? Im unaware of them ever making an electric blue bundle.[/quote]

Pink still sells for $300-400 on eBay
Teal $200+

The new Blue bundle seems to be a less limited-edition, I saw it at TRU yesterday sitting next to the Animal Crossing bundle.

If your blue bundle is still sealed, you'll be lucky to get retail for it ($149). If it's been opened/played at all, with your ZeRo and No Paypal, be happy if you get more than $120.

bread's done
Back