HELP! Something Happened to My computer!

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
helpg.jpg

This happens if I try to load Terraria. It did not before. Help!

Here is the story:
I downloaded Team Fortress 2 off of Steam and played it. It worked and was fun. Then I go to the Mann. Co. Store Page and it freezes. I can still shift Tab. Like an Idiot I unplug my PC. (It turns on faster.) Then My Screen is Zoomed in. So I go to setting and Change the Screen Resolution. I try to play Terraria and MineCraft and they both don't work.

Also my screen, when I scroll down, moves down and then loads up...

Can Anyone HELP?

EDIT:
Sorry to bring this up again but our friend fixed our computer and it happened again, BUT now display adapters is not in the device manager. Did he remove the graphics card? (He had our computer for a long time so I have no idea what he did.) The other big problem is that when I go to Nvidia's website and try and let the website auto find my GC it says it cannot find one. (There are way to many to try out to see if it the right one)

Last edited by a moderator:
go to device manager and check that your video card has an active driver installed.
probably you just need to reinstall the video card driver.

Display Adapters, If yellow question mark then Right click, Properties, Driver tab, then Update driver
If nothing under Display Adapters, check under Other Devices

If the driver is reporting as functioning, you can run dxdiag to see if directx is working

Go use the forums at tomshardware.com

Youll get better computer help and faster than you will here.

like i suspected you don't have a video driver running correctly, its defaulting to the VESA vga driver, thats why you can't run anything

you need to either reinstall the driver form the disc or just go to AMD/NVIDIA/Intel website and download the latest driver

or run microsoft update for the newest WHQL certified driver

looks like your graphics hard melted inside of your computer!
lol just kidding.

Anyways... yea I would try DL new drivers and see if that does it.

Another suggestion: don't unplug your computer because "it's more convenient." If you need to force shutdown because the computer locked up or something, you can usually hold the power button.

But yeah, read that first line in the notes saying that you need a real driver. Do you know the model of your computer, or was it custom built?

Sorry to bring this up again but our friend fixed our computer and it happened again, BUT now display adapters is not in the device manager. Did he remove the graphics card? (He had our computer for a long time so I have no idea what he did.) The other big problem is that when I go to Nvidia's website and try and let the website auto find my GC it says it cannot find one. (There are way to many to try out to see if it the right one)

Last edited by a moderator:
He means pop open the case (with power off obviously), find your video card and remove it, then put it back in.

bread's done
Back