help using psp video 9

erika1209

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
i need help putting movies on my psp. I downloaded dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, and psp video 9. I think i was able to download the dvd into my pc but using the directions from http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/dvdtopsp.html i get stuck. the pictures from video 9 are different so when i get to that step i get lost. I messed around and got into converting but it's been doing it for an hour and a half and it says 100% but i can't copy anything. I also can't play the movie i downloaded on my hard drive using quicktiime because its not a movie file and it has vob at the end not IFO. Any help would be greatly appreciated. also i saw some software at best buy for $30 should i just get that?

first if you are doing a dvd disc; i think its easier to use dvd shrink because you can pick out the movie easy from the list.

so first open dvd shrink and got to "edit > preferences" click on "output files"
and uncheck "split vob files into 1gb size chunks"

then hit ok. in the main window click on "re-author" and browse to your disc, drag over the main movie to the re-author side.

now click on backup.

once you have the single vob file created. open pspv9

click on convert, click on transcode new video, browse to the place your video re-authored to. use the default settings until you have done it a few times, then go play with compression settings.

now give it a real name in the title section. and hit "star". if you have a problem here, you may have computer issues or something.

once thats done you can go into copy and transfer it over, given that you have your psp connected.
the file should be an M4Vxxxxx.MP4. if its not you had a problemn somewhere. the file can be played with qt, so that is always good to have.

thanks for the help it looks like it worked it's on psp video 9 now under copy but it says its 973 MB and it won't fit into a 1 GB memory card, it says it only has 949 available but it's brand new and there's nothing saved on there

no memory storage device is as large as it states when you buy it. 949 sounds right.

now that yopu have the procedure down, reencode the vob file with a higher compression setting to get the file smaller.

bread's done
Back