Help w/ GBA micro... broken screan, can I reuse housing?

auralia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I have a purple micro, (yes i am a chick). I loved my purple micro :( unfortunately recently at an amusement park (i bring it so i might play in line) on a partcularly violent coaster (that actually gave my husband whiplash and made me wish i were a pile on the floor) the force was so great that my micro's screan got cracked despite being in a cargo pocket and protected :(.... the housing and face plate are fine in fact everything is fine but the crapped screen.

I found a purple one at lik-sang for 90 bucks w/ free shipping so not bad really but for the question.

could i buy a used one and gut it and switch out my purple housing for the reg US ones? I would open the broken one up to see how it comes apart but I havn't been able to find a store around me that sells a tri tip screwdriver (so second question would be is there a B&M store where I can get a small tritip screwdriver?).

thanks :)... and yes i feel like a dumb ass but really it shouldn't have broke, i've brought it on countless amusment park trips and it has been fine.... I'm just glad hubby only got whiplash... incase yr wondering the culprit is The Demon at Paramounts Great America

Wow, that's some g-force.

I've never seen a tri-wing screwdriver in store (although I've never had a use for it so I don't look too hard) but you can order it online here if your B&M quest fails:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1e-49-en-15-screwdriver-70-1fe.html

I don't see why you couldn't swap out the screen, but I'd buy the screw driver and take it apart first before buying a used one. Most likely though, the innards will come apart from the housing and you should be able to swap them. You might fine some sites about how to take your Micro apart since a lot of people do tinker with their handhelds.

It sure seems like you should be able to do this. You'd just want to make aure you got a used one with a decent screen.

-HM

bread's done
Back