Help! What's This Arcade Game?

MrBadExample

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I remember playing this game in the arcaade around '87-'89. It was a top-down scroller, your girlfriend (I think) had been kidnapped, there was a ransom note, you were in a car and you had to go from town to town defeating all the enemies. I think there were various weapon-ups you could get for your car. It was a desert setting and if your car blew up you could hop out and try to jack another vehicle. I don't know how popular this was because I only saw it in our campus arcade.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm surprised nobody knows the answer to this. I'm curious myself because I can vaguely remember playing it.

That was a great game....I remember playing it, but can't recall the title.
I do remember not seeing that game around very often, maybe only saw it a few times.

Damn.

I'd assume if you put that title into a search engine, you'd run across a lot of objects that vibrate with waves of pleasure.

[quote name='adrianchan56']wow this game is so old, it was made when i was born.[/QUOTE]
You damn kids today don't know what good games are with your 3-D, virtual reality, multi-polygon whosiwhatsits. [/old man rant]

[quote name='adrianchan56']wow this game is so old, it was made when i was born.[/QUOTE]

Starting to feel old now. Thxs :razz:

Do not remember ever playing this one. Not even sure I saw it anywhere.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I think this is gonna be on the Capcom Classic Collection coming out soon. I might be wrong.[/QUOTE]

You are. It's not. Well, not unless it's one of the unlockable extras.

I imagine it will be on the almost certainly guaranteed Capcom Classics Collection 2, though. :D

[quote name='PaulEMoz']You are. It's not. Well, not unless it's one of the unlockable extras.

I imagine it will be on the almost certainly guaranteed Capcom Classics Collection 2, though. :D[/QUOTE]

I Thought I saw a picture of it on an ad for the game, but maybe I was mistaken.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I Thought I saw a picture of it on an ad for the game, but maybe I was mistaken.[/QUOTE]

According to Capcom's website, the games list is as follows:

"The Collection Includes All of the Following Titles:

1. 1942
2. 1943
3. 1943 Kai
4. Street Fighter II®
5. Street Fighter II® Hyper Fighting
6. Street FighterII® Champion Edition
7. Ghosts’ N Goblins
8. Ghouls’ N Ghosts
9. Super Ghouls’ N Ghosts
10. Son Son
11. Exed Exes
12. Pirate Ship Higemaru
13. Vulgus (Capcom’s 1st game ever)
14. Commando
15. Mercs
16. Gun.Smoke
17. Section Z
18. Bionic Commando®
19. Forgotten Worlds
20. Legendary Wings
21. Trojan
22. Final Fight

Will contain extra unlockable items throughout game"

I'd get it just for 1942, Ghosts 'N' Goblins, Commando, Gun.Smoke and Section Z. It might be the best retro collection released yet.

Still desperately waiting for a Konami Arcade Collection on this gen, though...

bread's done
Back