Help with 8002a548 error

if you sacrificed an "unsullied" one then you might be okay but most of the goats I find to sacrafice the farmer seem to abuse.

What model PS3?  Fat, slim, Kate Moss on crack super-slim?

How long has this been going on?  Mainly - did this start after your last firmware update or has it been longer?

Wired or wireless?  Wireless = THE suck.  If you are on wireless, try wired.  That is the first recommendation that I make to anyone running anything on wireless.  Compared to wired it is unreliable.  Anyone who argues that point has no network knowledge.  Note - I am not saying it does not work, simply saying if you want reliable, go wired.  Do you think data centers run their servers with wired or wireless connections?  

What "router" are you using and how old is it?  Are other wired / wireless devices experiencing any drops?  I had one a few years back that would periodically reset wireless connections, then it eventually just started resetting on its own.

Latest firmware?  Not saying this is the problem but I know I had similar disconnect issues after one of the firmware updates.

Those are starting points off of the top of my head.

What model PS3? Fat, slim, Kate Moss on crack super-slim?

How long has this been going on? Mainly - did this start after your last firmware update or has it been longer?

Wired or wireless? Wireless = THE suck. If you are on wireless, try wired. That is the first recommendation that I make to anyone running anything on wireless. Compared to wired it is unreliable. Anyone who argues that point has no network knowledge. Note - I am not saying it does not work, simply saying if you want reliable, go wired. Do you think data centers run their servers with wired or wireless connections?

What "router" are you using and how old is it? Are other wired / wireless devices experiencing any drops? I had one a few years back that would periodically reset wireless connections, then it eventually just started resetting on its own.

Latest firmware? Not saying this is the problem but I know I had similar disconnect issues after one of the firmware updates.

Those are starting points off of the top of my head.
I'm using a Slim PS3.

I just noticed it after the most recent firmware update but I didn't really start playing my PS3 until that time either so I'm not sure if the firmware update is the cause.

I'm using a wireless connection and it is my only option because I am using Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go. This is the router I have and it is less than a year old.

http://www.amazon.com/Overdrive-Pro-Prepaid-Mobile-Virgin/dp/B008A0NUHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376485753&sr=8-1&keywords=Overdrive+pro

I also have no other high speed internet options because Comcast wants $1000 to run a line to my current house.

Using this router I have had no issues with my 360, PC, Kindle or 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
What version of Windows?  There are ways to bridge that and have all of your PS3 (and other) traffic run thought that if you have a switch.  It is a bit cumbersome but it is still the first thing that comes to my mind.

I have two slims and no issues but that does not mean you might not.  As I said earlier, I had this problem after one of the earlier firmware updates.  It might help if we can find out if anyone else is using virgin mobile broadband (or sprint wireless broadband) as well.  Could be an issue with their network and the PS3 network...or maybe your area and the PS3 network. 

I am fresh out of ideas at this point other than getting it to a wired connection to rule out the wireless issue.  If it still happens on a wired connection my thoughts lean towards an issue with the ISP and the PS3 network.

Thanks for the advice.

I had a friend come down over the weekend who has some experience with networking and I had him look at my router.  The default settings for it had it a 10 second fail-over wait time and he changed that to 1 and for some reason Wi-Fi power save mode was on and he turned that off.  Since then my connection seems to be fixed, knock on wood.

bread's done
Back