Help with a new fridge-who will have the best deals for Memorial Day Appliance sales?

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I'm in the market for a new fridge. Help?

Looking for a great deal on a stainless steel model with French doors, preferably an excellent brand name/model that is reliable and long lasting. Budget is pretty much whatever but would obviously prefer to save money and spend less.

I know Memorial Day appliance sales are usually a great time to buy a new one...anyone have any advice on which store(s) will have the best deals? Are the best deals held on this Monday, or are they the same all weekend?

I really don't want to have to waste my weekend pricing out the different deals at different physical stores (Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, Fry's, independent or chain appliance stores like Pacific Sales etc.), or perhaps online (amazon?)...any advice, suggestions, and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lowe's Memorial Day ad is up on the website. One of the specials not in the ad is a $1529.99 Whirlpool french door. It's Item #: 349451 | Model #: GI6SARXXF

As for the looking for the best price, Lowe's will meet or beat any other B&M price.

Have you checked Costco? I went this last weekend and was surprised at how cheap the prices are. Also, last year when I was in the market for a fridge I found that it really boiled down between Sears and Best Buy. Sears has an excellent warranty repair service and apparently Best Buy subcontracts Sears blue crew or whatever they're called. I went with BB in the end because of the price of the unit and the warranty as well as free delivery...and the points! ;)

[quote name='MajorSmeg']You don't read the Consumerist do you?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm basing this on the experiences of my fiancée's parents and two other friends who've taken advantage of their warranty.

Just got a fridge yesterday.

Best deals I have seen so far are the local or regional dealers. The little guys I guess you would call them.

I got a Samsung French Door, looks really fancy, it was 1399 I think. It has digital buttons and sings and shit. Weird. Anyway, looks nice, works right, and was barely more than any of the shittier fridges that didn't have terrible reviews on the big 3: Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot.

Delivered and installed today.

Not sure, I think it's this one, exactly: http://www.samsung.com/us/appliances/refrigerators/RF217ACRS/XAA

I wanted absutetly nothing to do with a water thing on the outside. Have had them in the past and they always end up being an issue and grime up over time. Besides, water from a real filter tastes about 100x better, always.

Also picked up a pair of the Samsung Front loading Steam Washer and Dryer matching set. No idea what model, but they were the exact same price as the fridge together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit both home depot and best buy yesterday looking at some refrigerators, and I was surprised to see Best buy was cheaper on many models. Haven't checked Sears or Lowes yet.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I too was surprised when I shopped around, Sears and Best Buy had the lowest prices outside of Fry's and a couple of the regional/local dealers as mentioned - much lower than Home Depot and Lowes although I know both have a pricematch policy. Fry's didn't have the selection we wanted but their prices were the lowest (usually by a couple of dollars only though, same with the regional/local).

We also didn't want the water/ice on the outside as we know many have "issues". Turns out there are only 2 or 3 manufacturers left, and that a lot of the appliances are simply rebranded/coming from the same manufacturer.

bread's done
Back