Help with Borderlands TPS Co-op

gubmccargen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I've played every Borderlands and it's one of my favorite franchises these days, but I haven't done much online ever. I decided to try a bit with TPS and when it works the way I like it's great. Reminds me of Diablo with everyone scrambling for tons of loots.

However, what usually ends up happening is someone totally leaves the objective I've set and just tries traveling off the map or resets the mission to something else. Why can they do this as a non-host? It seems chaotic if anyone can mess with the active mission.

Is there any way to stop others from changing the missions if I'm hosting so everyone stays focused and on what I've set? Thanks.

Haven't played TPS...but there was no way to prevent that in BL2. As host you can kick players or quit to end the game session, but I never found a way to prevent that. My best advice...stay away from randoms! Look for friends on BL's forum, etc. to link up. Using the public matchmaking will give you those annoying A'holes.

Thats the one reason I didn't buy TPS yet. BL2 was great but still had its share of problems. They didnt do shit to fix any of those problems in TPS. Game needs a new looting system to prevent ninjas...better matchmaking...etc. -_-

Thanks for the advice as I didn't actually even know you could kick players so that would help if one moron is ruining things. My PSN list has about 150 friends so I figured TPS would be like Destiny of someone always playing it but barely any of my friends ever are. I think they made a big mistake of not just releasing it on the new consoles since a lot of people aren't looking back.

The other thing I don't like about how co-op is set up is how you never know the progress of the mission you're joining. I don't want to join a big story mission and join in on the boss, missing all the XP and everything else. I pretty much only host for that reason.

I've been mostly resigned to playing it solo, which is a shame as it can be so fun with co-op and almost a necessity with some of the crazy arena bosses and everything.

Yea the game is fun with friends...doing it solo will be boring imo.

FYI last month I read they will bring a "Borderlands Collection" to current gen consoles. If they do, hopefully it will include TPS. Its just a rumor tho so who knows...

bread's done
Back