Help with Marvel Ultimate Alliance

fathamburger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay, has anybody actually finished this POS game? I got it from gamefly today. God what a wasted opportunity in that game. SO much they did wrong/got lazy about. The game already put me to sleep once and almost put me to sleep again about an hour ago but it does have some cool cutscenes (dled some from XBL already). I can't decide if I want to slug it out to see them or just send the thing back tomorrow or the day after.

Is there any payoff to this game at all?

Well I am too but the mashy gameplay is still mostly putting me to sleep. It's Marvel Gauntlet Alliance but with a story that mostly consists of regurgitating marvel facts. It's only bearable in Co-Op and I got to Doctor Strange's sanctum.. things are starting to pick up a little.

For one thing they could have tactically differentiated a lot of characters, but instead everyone melees and basically is the same character barring a special move difference here and there. Why is Dr Strange meleeing? and for as much as Thor? same goes for Human Torch, Invis woman etc. This is like the NFS of comic games where a Golf GTI can keep up with and beat an exotic.

Soo are there any more cool Blur cutscenes besides Nightcrawler and the intro?

Great game; your opinion sucks.

And your "question" was merely flamebait.

Try searching next time. Etc.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I saw this game on sale for $20 but i wanted XBOX 360 version (Gold Edition). I wonder what's in Gold Edtion ??[/QUOTE]

All the DLC that has been released until now (minus the gamerpics and themes).

# Four new playable Super Heroes — The largest roster of Super Heroes ever assembled now includes The Incredible Hulk, Cyclops™, Nightcrawler™ and Hawkeye™ — each complete with new signature powers, skins, dialog and achievement points.

# Four playable Super Villains™ — For the first time, include villains in your alliance. Now play as Venom™, Magneto™, Dr. Doom™ and Sabretooth™. Key moments and plot points in the game have been updated to accommodate these playable villains.

# 12 new Xbox Live Achievements — Now you can take advantage of 12 new Xbox Liv e Achievements for a total of 250 additional Gamerscore points.

i'm having a very difficult time finishing this game myself. granted, i'm not into comic books, so i'm playing it more with a gamer mentality instead of a comic book fan and it's just not doing it for me.

something is definitely lacking in this game for me, but my friends enjoyed it. I've fallen asleep a couple times already when i play it so i think the simplistic gameplay may not do it for some. I'll get through the entire game eventually...I hope.

Well I just got out of the arcade level which has been the best part of the game so far. Very well done, but compared to the rest of the game fails to live up to or really use any of the source material very well. Most of the villains you come across the game fight exactly the same way, bullseye, shocker, rhino etc. Hell I let my NPCs beat up Shocker and Rhino while I was afk. Jean Grey melees better than Bullseye lol. Everyone is the same brawler melee character dressed differently and that is bad even if you don't know anything about the comics.

Btw not flamebait, none of you answered my questions and went straight to STFU its a good game without saying why. The Arcade level was worth it right when I was going to shut it off and seal the gamefly envelope, my curiosity got the better of me and it paid off. That could have been a good answer, does it get better? I asked if there were going to be some more cool cutscenes etc. I am also asking because my gamefly runs out in 2 days and I am not going to renew so is it worth the effort to rush and finish it? or send it back?

[quote name='fathamburger']Okay, has anybody actually finished this POS game? I got it from gamefly today. God what a wasted opportunity in that game. SO much they did wrong/got lazy about. The game already put me to sleep once and almost put me to sleep again about an hour ago but it does have some cool cutscenes (dled some from XBL already). I can't decide if I want to slug it out to see them or just send the thing back tomorrow or the day after.

Is there any payoff to this game at all?
[/quote]

I hear ya. I bought this game at a local CD store for $15 used, but complete. I thought it was a good deal since it sells for $45 at EB. Anyway, after about 30 minutes I stopped playing due to boredom. Sold it on ebay a few days later for $32.

It took me a while to get into it (got it for Christmas, just started to really play it), but I am thoroughly enjoying it.

[quote name='fathamburger']Jean Grey melees better than Bullseye lol. Everyone is the same brawler melee character dressed differently and that is bad even if you don't know anything about the comics. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're really not, dude. Does the game have a certain amount of interchangability to the characters? Sure. It's Marvel Gauntlet Alliance, as you say, but that's kind of the appeal to many people. So yes, you can get by with just standard melee. But if you're really using the Invisible Woman (weak melee, poor offensive powers, great defensive powers) the same way you're using Elektra (good melee, occasional insane damage from offensive powers, falls over in a strong breeze) you're really not trying to explore what that game's giving you.

So anyone actually see a copy of the Gold version in a store yet? I have been looking to pick it up but can not find one.

[quote name='sp00ge']I thought the game was pretty good, but got a little too repetitive after 6-7 hours.[/QUOTE]

I loved the game, but yea, it was definitely too long for its own good.

it was just xmen legends 3 basically with marvel characters rather then strictly xmen.. i didn't like it.. after playing xmen legends.. then i played 2 half way through.. it is pretty boring.. i love comic books, but the "story" seemed to just be like 'remember when me and you fought elektra.. how'd you come back to life?" ...

but anyways.. its a good game.. if you like to hit X O X for hours on end.. and i hate the leveling up.. it should just auto level up instead of being so customizable..i don't know.. i think it was just way too similar to the other games

It was just like X Men Legends II which in turn was just like X Men Legends. Nothing about it felt new to me. Story was horrible, too. Just a bunch of Marvel characters and storylines thrown together. It was rather enjoyable on co-op though. Just sayin'.

[quote name='urzishra14']it was just xmen legends 3 basically with marvel characters rather then strictly xmen.. i didn't like it.. after playing xmen legends.. then i played 2 half way through.. it is pretty boring.. i love comic books, but the "story" seemed to just be like 'remember when me and you fought elektra.. how'd you come back to life?" ...

but anyways.. its a good game.. if you like to hit X O X for hours on end.. and i hate the leveling up.. it should just auto level up instead of being so customizable..i don't know.. i think it was just way too similar to the other games[/QUOTE]

That's the exact same experience I had. Amazing.

I LOVE MUA. However after buying the DLC, my copy got scratched a bit. Anybody know some good cheap cleaner? Or does EB clean discs? I REALLY want to play with the new characters.

[quote name='Roufuss']I loved the game, but yea, it was definitely too long for its own good.[/QUOTE]

It didn't start getting _really_ awesome until the Asgard levels. :) Until we got to Valhalla, the game was just great fun... but once we arrived there... it was beyond fun...

I enjoyed the game immensely too (finished it on easy the first time, just to see if the game got unbearably difficult at any point... other than a few bosses that took some practice... I didn't think it did... it's not like Champions of Norrath on the PS2, which got unbelievably difficult on the 2nd or 3rd "quest".)

I am now playing on Normal with my new Villian group (Magneto, Venom, Sabretooth) accompanying Ghostrider (with his resurrect ability... it makes the game much less of a pain when someone in your party bites it.)

To categorize, though, I am addicted to Diablo 2... and I still play it from time to time, levelling my Paladin or Assassin... so enjoying the heck out of Marvel:UA is a no-brainer for me. :)

Oops. Sorry LP. :) I'll do better next time. (Just saw your post...)

I agree with the OP. game is a bit too button mashy/putting me to sleep and from what I've played the characters could be a bit more different.

bread's done
Back