Help with Monoprice hdmi cable purchase

alumbrados87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
i am looking on monoprice.com for a hdmi cable for my ps3, so i could hook it up to a 42' inch lcd i am going to buy soon. can someone tell me which one will be compatible ? or if someone has bought a cable form here before cna they provide me with the product id please. thank you

I ordered product #2412 for my PS3.

That's a 6' male-to-male HDMI cable. You might need something longer or shorter. I assume your TV will have a female jack, and that this cable would work, though.

I thought I read that the HDMI 1.3 cables are basically just marketing. I know the PS3 supports it, but your TV and/or receiver has to support it also.

I would get the 1.3 though if I was buying new. I have no plans to upgrade currently....maybe eventually if I ever need a new cable.

[quote name='doubledown']I thought I read that the HDMI 1.3 cables are basically just marketing. I know the PS3 supports it, but your TV and/or receiver has to support it also.

I would get the 1.3 though if I was buying new. I have no plans to upgrade currently....maybe eventually if I ever need a new cable.[/quote]

right.. i think it had something to do with hi res audio...

aight thanx everyone, ok so final question are these monoprice cables good quality or should i shoot a little higher and look for a good deal ?

[quote name='alumbrados87']aight thanx everyone, ok so final question are these monoprice cables good quality or should i shoot a little higher and look for a good deal ?[/QUOTE]

I've had my monoprice cable since January... no problems at all... good quality cables at great prices, IMHO.

I just bought the cheapest male to male hdmi cable they had. I think it was like 5 bux at the time. Had it for a couple months and it works great.
I also bought my ethernet cables and dvi to hdmi cables from them too.

I'm running several monoprice cables. Two 6' M/M (gold plated) and a 75' M/M also gold plated. All cables are phenominal and work very well. The longer cable is very thick (easily 1/2" to 3/4" thick). I've had no problems with any of them.

Edit: I'm currently running a Denon 3808CI reciever and you don't need "hdmi 1.3" specific cables. I'm able to decode/encode all audio formats that the PS3 supports just fine.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah Monoprice is A+ on price and quality.[/QUOTE]

Shipping is reasonable and super-fast, too. I got the 6' M/M HDMI for my new PS3, and it arrived in just days.

Great site, got all my cables for my home theater there. Best Buy wanted $200 for 25 foot in wall HDMI cable, got it from Monoprice for $25! No difference in quality!

[quote name='guyver2077']should we be ordering the 1.3 cables since ps3 supports it..ive been meaning to upgrade my hdmi cables[/QUOTE]
An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable.

bread's done
Back