Help with this year's Halloween costume...?

phoenix529

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
First, before we turn this into a topic about what you're going to be this year (I like to get a REAL early start to perfect the costume), I'm going to be Harry Warden from My Bloody Valentine 3-D. Hate on the movie all you want, this guy is creepy(and I'm 6'5").

70eb51c88da014da46112210.L.jpg

I was wondering if you guys could help me find screen-accurate clothing. I have nothing so far, and I need:

the boots
the coveralls
the belt
the pickaxe(preferably a really convincing fake one)
the gloves
the gas mask (a russian GP7, preferably around $25 shipped)
the rubber hose leading down to the pouch
and the miner's helmet with light.

I think your list is correct. I couldn't find anything missing. And have no clue where u would start shopping.

It just hurts me inside that you are basing it off the remake :'( 1981 MBV is amazing go watch it, not sure if ure just referencing the remake because it was a wide release and more people would know it but yea. Awesome idea for halloween. Best of luck. If you go through with it and remember "pics or it didn't happen". http://z.about.com/d/horror/1/0/C/h/-/-/MyBloodyV81_03.jpg

hit a army surplus store for the gas mask (if they don't have suitable ones out, make sure you ask and they should be able to help you out) and the clothing you should be able to find pretty much anywhere outside of the big retailers. You might have a bit of a hard time tracking down a miner's hat though. As for the pick axe, get a real one and blunt the tips.

Well, I've actually not seen the original (yet, I'm just trying to find it cheap enough) I really do intend to though! I'm a huge horror aficionado! But yeah, I'm going with the remake because A) I like the get-up better and B) that's what people would say anyway. Thanks for the help so far, guys. I'll hit up the local army surplus store later this week.

Anybody else got ideas?

bread's done
Back