Help with Williams Pinball: Whirlwind!

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone have any idea what the "activate and collect the 100k spot target" achievement refers to?

At first I thought it was the "3 targets 100k" cellar bonus. did that, collected it, no achievement.

Then, I thought it was the annoying a$$ drop target at the top with the progressive score that increases when you hit the ramp, but resets for lost balls, extra ball lit, lock lit, and multiball. managed to get that.. no achievement.

so at this point i have about 5 or 6 hours into Whirlwind alone and missing that single achievement.

any help?

btw.. to anyone who doesnt have this game.. seriously.. get it. it has an amazing addiction factor that's hard to find these days, especially trying to get all the achievements er... table goals.

Same problem here, it's the one achievement I don't have. You just have to hit the circle that lights the bumpers at the top of the field a buttload of times. It takes like 10 hits just to get all the bumpers blinking if I remember, then you have to do it again to get them all to stay light, and then you can hit it a final time to collect the 100K.

Does it not explain in the in-game instructions how to get the achievement? It's been a while since I played, I'll load it up tonight if I get a chance.

That one is tough and was one of the last I completed. You need to hit the white round target that is right in the middle of the lowest upper jet (it's not a drop target like the extra ball target.)

But...you also have to get it's value to 100K. (i.e. light the yellow light under it that says 100K w/LIT)

You do that by getting all 6 jet bumpers (both upper and lower sets of 3) flashing. The easiest way to do this is to hit the super cellar door reward for both "Lo Pressure Jets all at Maximum" & "Hi Pressure Jets all at Maximum."

Once all 6 jets are flashing hit that White target and you will have completed the goal.

Here's a visual reference for the target - Whirlwind real table photo

It's the white round target just above the light that says 100K w/LIT

[quote name='ceckman']That one is tough and was one of the last I completed. You need to hit the white round target that is right in the middle of the lowest upper jet (it's not a drop target like the extra ball target.)

But...you also have to get it's value to 100K. (i.e. light the yellow light under it that says 100K w/LIT)

You do that by getting all 6 jet bumpers (both upper and lower sets of 3) flashing. The easiest way to do this is to hit the super cellar door reward for both "Lo Pressure Jets all at Maximum" & "Hi Pressure Jets all at Maximum."

Once all 6 jets are flashing hit that White target and you will have completed the goal.

Here's a visual reference for the target - Whirlwind real table photo

It's the white round target just above the light that says 100K w/LIT[/quote]

thank you! that helps so much. i was going for the target to the right with the progressive scores.

the one thing i wish this game had was a way to pause and scroll around the table to better see targets, lights, etc.

[quote name='eugaet']Does it not explain in the in-game instructions how to get the achievement? It's been a while since I played, I'll load it up tonight if I get a chance.[/quote]

it may,.. i admit to only going about 4/5ths of the way through the instructions,.. so if it's in the last few screens i may have missed it.

Man, I loved that game. I guess you could set a fan up on top of your TV to get the arcade experience?

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Man, I loved that game. I guess you could set a fan up on top of your TV to get the arcade experience?[/quote]

sadly, i considered this when i noticed the fan built into the cabinet during one of the flyby shots :lol:

luckily for my sense of humanity, my tv is flat and could not support a fan on top

but.....

if i ever move the Wii to my bedroom, i actually HAVE a fan on top of that tv already - - for completely unrelated reasons.

....annnnyway. thanks again guys ... i did get that achievement, and all the wizard achievements as well.(they were much easier than this one!)

I have not picked this up yet... but I do own Whirlwind and Funhouse in RL. I also used to own Black Knight. How does it compare to the real thing? Anyone pull of a 3-way combo on Whirlwind? It's a pain to do on the real machine.

[quote name='waterclocker']I have not picked this up yet... but I do own Whirlwind and Funhouse in RL. I also used to own Black Knight. How does it compare to the real thing? Anyone pull of a 3-way combo on Whirlwind? It's a pain to do on the real machine.[/QUOTE]

It's a MILLION times easier to do it on the Wii than on the real machine. In fact, pretty much everything is easier on the Wii on all games.

Oh, and I say that as a fellow owner of a Whirlwind. Nice to know there's two of us here!

RD

I have the actual Whirlwind Machine at my house, one of the best of the older style pinball games I've played. the fan is LOUD when it kick on, haha. Its too bad it stopped working, and no place around here will fix a pinball machine thats not in arcade (its funny, because I can't even think of an arcade around here these days..)

[quote name='Drnick']I have the actual Whirlwind Machine at my house, one of the best of the older style pinball games I've played. the fan is LOUD when it kick on, haha. Its too bad it stopped working, and no place around here will fix a pinball machine thats not in arcade (its funny, because I can't even think of an arcade around here these days..)[/quote]

yeah really,.. you'd think they'd be jumping at the business!

even the few arcades i know of around me dont have pinball as far as i know

..but we do have TNT Amusements nearby which is a huge pinball bull/sell/trade/repair outfit. I've been watching their local infomercials for years and as soon as I get out of my apartment and into a house I'm going right to them for an actual machine

bread's done
Back