Here's another fine mess she (may have) got me into...

PlumeNoir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, yesterday (Christmas day), my wife decides to email Vice President Cheney a YouTube video slideshow of maimed Iraqi Children to the "Jesus loves the little children" song (I think most know the video I am describing) and titled it something like "A Christian Holiday Message." I tried to dissuade her, since she was logged into YouTube at the time, but she did it anyway.

Now today, we got a phone call and the CallerID stated "US Govt" and it was from the same area code and exchange as our number. They didn't leave a message and I tried to call the number back, but there is no voice mail and it just constantly rings.

While I appreciate her sentiment, I find that a little coincidental. I'm sure it's just a spoof, or redirected number, but I'm finding it all oddly amusing. If they call again, I'm going to answer.

Just riding a wave of paranoia...

[quote name='projecteightysix']The marines are going to get you.[/quote]

Heh!

Actually, I think it is probably one of our friends in the armed forces calling us from a base or something that would route it through and show up that way.

I'm just having a good laugh about this...watching the Boondocks marathon just has me in that "the government is trying to get me" mood.

Even if they are...

The Vice President of YouTube probably didn't watch the slideshow. He probably didn't even open the email.

Also: why would the government call you for something you sent to YouTube? I don't see the connection.

This topic seems to have a light-hearted tone to it but I guess I'm really skeptical.

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']The Vice President of YouTube probably didn't watch the slideshow. He probably didn't even open the email.

Also: why would the government call you for something you sent to YouTube? I don't see the connection.

This topic seems to have a light-hearted tone to it but I guess I'm really skeptical.[/QUOTE]

He said his wife e-mailed the Vice President [of America] a YouTube video. I know, I had to reread the first sentence a couple times myself...he should probably edit it.

Dick Cheney was just calling to thank you for supporting the war and ask if you "have any more cool vidz of teh iraqis all cut up 'n shit"

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']The Vice President of YouTube probably didn't watch the slideshow. He probably didn't even open the email.

This topic seems to have a light-hearted tone to it but I guess I'm really skeptical.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Funny stuff.

This topic seems to have a light-hearted tone to it but I guess I'm really skeptical.[/quote]

Sorry, I was a little unclear - she sent it to the VP of the United States. (I'll edit in the OP.) She sent a YouTube link via email to his whitehouse.gov address. She was making her anti-war statement.

I know he didn't see it and if it was seen it was by just some underling, I'm just enjoying the silliness of everything. (Like that episode of the Clerks cartoon - "You pranked the president?")

[quote name='Apossum']Dick Cheney was just calling to thank you for supporting the war and ask if you "have any more cool vidz of teh iraqis all cut up 'n shit"[/quote]

I just burnt myself with coffee from laughing at this line...

You 2 must make a beautiful couple. You're teachin your kid "I'm the juggernaut bitch" and she's antagonizing the federal fucking government... I shudder to think what your kid's gonna do when its old enough.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You 2 must make a beautiful couple. You're teachin your kid "I'm the juggernaut bitch" and she's antagonizing the federal fucking government... I shudder to think what your kid's gonna do when its old enough.[/quote]

Yeah, poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

And, seriously, you have no idea how funny it is to corrupt the youth. I can see why they put Socrates to death...

If you have a 17-18yo son, it is likely the recruiting office.
No, he's three. But wasn't there a news story a year or so back about some kid that was getting recruitment calls or something like that?

insurgentraid_event.jpg

I'm in your house confiscating your stuff.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just because you're paranoid don't mean they aren't after you.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Gotta find a way, a better way........

[quote name='PlumeNoir']So, yesterday (Christmas day), my wife decides to email Vice President Cheney a YouTube video slideshow of maimed Iraqi Children to the "Jesus loves the little children" song (I think most know the video I am describing) and titled it something like "A Christian Holiday Message." I tried to dissuade her, since she was logged into YouTube at the time, but she did it anyway.

Now today, we got a phone call and the CallerID stated "US Govt" and it was from the same area code and exchange as our number. They didn't leave a message and I tried to call the number back, but there is no voice mail and it just constantly rings.

While I appreciate her sentiment, I find that a little coincidental. I'm sure it's just a spoof, or redirected number, but I'm finding it all oddly amusing. If they call again, I'm going to answer.

Just riding a wave of paranoia...[/QUOTE]

YOU SHUT THE fuck UP! WE'LL PROTECT AMERICA, LIBERALS!!!

You laugh now... but when you go to get on an airplane, don't be surprised if your rectum gets a visit from Mr. Rubber Glove.

I promise, you and your wife are now on some government "terror watch list." Its how Cheney/Bush roll.

[quote name='danny-o']YOU SHUT THE fuck UP! WE'LL PROTECT AMERICA, LIBERALS!!![/QUOTE]

From what, a civil war thousands of miles away? How are you gonna do that from New York, boyo?

I wouldn't think too much of it, OP. But, to be safe, get to the airport an hour earlier than you already think you should from now on.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You 2 must make a beautiful couple. You're teachin your kid "I'm the juggernaut bitch" and she's antagonizing the federal fucking government... I shudder to think what your kid's gonna do when its old enough.[/quote]

...think for himself?

[quote name='camoor']...think for himself?[/quote]

:applause: I sure as hell hope so - if there is only ONE lesson I impart on him, I hope that is it.

No calls yesterday, so I am still thinking it was just one of our friends in the armed forces trying to call.

I'm not too worried anyway. I used to have government security clearance for a work project I was on, so they already have way too much info on me anyway. (I'll probably just be reassigned from 'harmless' to 'annoying.') And everytime I go back and forth into Canada, I get stopped "randomly" for car checks. :roll:

It is a shame RegalSin was banned, I'd love to hear his thoughts on the affair...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']:applause: I sure as hell hope so - if there is only ONE lesson I impart on him, I hope that is it.

No calls yesterday, so I am still thinking it was just one of our friends in the armed forces trying to call.

I'm not too worried anyway. I used to have government security clearance for a work project I was on, so they already have way too much info on me anyway. (I'll probably just be reassigned from 'harmless' to 'annoying.') And everytime I go back and forth into Canada, I get stopped "randomly" for car checks. :roll:

It is a shame RegalSin was banned, I'd love to hear his thoughts on the affair...[/QUOTE]
That's probably what it was. Its not like if they were gonna do something to you, they'd call you first. They'd probably just show up at your house in the middle of the night ;)

bread's done
Back