Heroes and Heroines $16.39, DISGAEArt $26.57 - artbooks for preorder

HakaHina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Found two artbooks for preorder, sorry if already posted.

Heroes and Heroines is a collection of "100 prominent character designers of video games and animation created in 2010 and 2011. No other book collects as many professional works as this book. For game and animation fans, this book allows a comprehensive look at a variety of characters from a range of video game titles, as well as the work of character designers. Designers featured in this book include Shigenori Soejima, Suzuhito Yasuda, Mel Kishida, redjuice, Masayoshi Tanaka, Makoto Tsuchibayashi, aokiume, Takahiro Kishida, Eiji Kaneda, and more. Interviews with Shigenori Soejima ("Catherine," "Persona 3," and "Persona 4") and Eiji Kaneda ("Rezel Cross") make this the definitive book on Japanese video game design."

Its got Catherine and its cheaper than other books, so why not
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Heroin...n/dp/4756241697/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_283155_b1_85_p

DISGAEArt - self explanatory
http://www.amazon.com/DISGAEArt-Dis...ation-Collection/dp/1926778502/ref=pd_sim_b_4

The Disgaea one is made by Udon, and I can vouch for their artbooks. The other is published by PIE International, and I can't vouch for them.

Aren't there a couple of Disgaea artbooks already out in English? I wonder how different this one is...

Disgaea 1 and 2 artbooks came out in the US but are long out of print. Broccoli books published them, and they are long out of this market in the states. I had to import the 3rd artbook to get it, and haven't found a fourth one yet.

WANT.

Thanks, OP; after watching that video and recognizing several of the properties in the book, I want to preorder the former book, though the CAG in me will wait for it to show up in my Quick Picks for 5% more off ($15.57). Assuming this is a newly-created product page, it shouldn't take too long for it to appear since I've already preordered the Persona 3 & 4 Design Works books. :D

Just noticed the Disgaea book is a little cheaper at B&N; roughly same price with tax. Just in case anyone here has the B&N membership which would entitle you to express shipping from them.

DISGAEArt and Shining Force Feather: Design Works just arrived at my door. Completely forgot about these pre-orders as usual, still a pleasant surprise. These artbooks are starting to pile up in my room, I'm still going to keep collecting them though >.

bread's done
Back