Walfisch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sure the community may not be the best (or even mediocre);
And if you still play DotA you don't need a substitute;

But hey, maybe you've never played a MOBA before;
or just want something to do for the next few days out of boredom;

Well HoN is free for the week. Anniversary week, that is.
This is coming off more like an ad and I apologize.

Anywho, yeah, if you wanted to try HoN out it's free for the week.
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/newsletter/vol9/news.html

At least you didn't include a personal sign up reference like the last person who posted this. It's a good chance to try the game for free. I DL'd it, might try it today. I personally play LoL but I'm going to give this a shot. Free is free.

[quote name='callmewoof']At least you didn't include a personal sign up reference like the last person who posted this. It's a good chance to try the game for free. I DL'd it, might try it today. I personally play LoL but I'm going to give this a shot. Free is free.[/QUOTE]
I prefer LoL too. Thought I'd give HoN another chance this week. Still not enjoying it. Dunno why. Anyone wanna get a noobie game going?

I'm a pretty experienced HoN player, and I played dota before that for two years. If you guys decide you want to try HoN then I have a few tips for you. If people yell at you, simply mute them by clicking the voice chat icon by their portrait name in the top left. To ignore their chat remarks, simply put /ignore . Play no-stats games first in the "public games" list isntead of matchmaking as people are very serious in matchmaking and will get very angry if you do badly. Go to the HoN forums or google search for HoN Prodex and read some guides on heroes and see what you might prefer. Some heroes are much more difficult to play than others.

To jrhawk42: I wouldn't make that generalization. I've converted over six friends that were LoL players into HoN, and while they still play LoL from time to time they all agree HoN is a much more well-made game. HoN tends to be faster paced, the map is larger and the emphasis is more on ganking instead of just turtling till late game and seeing who backdoors more efficiently. Also, there's no saying that people can't play more than one moba game, as I said earlier. It's good to give them all a try and see what you prefer. I would say LoL is more relaxed and simple as compared to HoN, which is a good quality sometimes though I personally prefer the complexity and competitive nature of HoN.

HoN is not noob-friendly. It will take about 30 real matches to understand how the game works entirely.
Each match takes 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on how competitive the match is.
Once you get it, it will be one of the best games you will ever play. I promise.

I have LoL and HoN. I play LoL all the time; I only play HoN maybe once a month, but def. worth a try for anyone who hasn't played it.

Does anyone already have an account that buys the gold coins? I want to play, but need an account. I currently have no use for the coins... If you want to split the $40 cost so that you can have the coins and give me the free account, we can work something out!

bread's done
Back