HEROES - super thread...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i dont think linderman is going to die
hes a healer remember, if he can heal other things i would think he could heal himself. probably something claire can do but doesnt know how yet

come to think of it, peter and nathans mom revealed that she was in cahoots with linderman this episode, i wouldnt be suprised if linderman is nathan and peters real father and in turn, claires grandfather.
[/quote]

YOU ARE WRONG

Sorry had to rub it in. :)

I just watched last nights episode. Good stuff, makes me want to pick up comics again after a year long break. I loved Hiro screaming VILLAIN! and the sword action.

[quote name='nharmon91']So Ted is Dead
Linderman is Dead
DL is Dead
And the mind reader guy dies next episode, bah I say.[/QUOTE]
Did you read a spoiler that Parkman is going to die or is that a theory?

DL isn't necessarily dead yet. That part kinda bugged me, he coulda used his powers. Yea he took it for Nikki but he could have easily made them both intangible. With that ability I'd be pissed if he died to a bullet. His power is seriously downplayed, he could walk up to Sylar, Peter, and Claire and kill them with his brain twister :lol:

[quote name='CouRageouS'] With that ability I'd be pissed if he died to a bullet. His power is seriously downplayed, he could walk up to Sylar, Peter, and Claire and kill them with his brain twister :lol:[/quote]
I agree about the taking the bullet part. There's plenty of power inconsistencies in this show.
Seeing that Candace can pretty much control a whole environment, she should be able to off anyone - even Sylar.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just watched last nights episode. Good stuff, makes me want to pick up comics again after a year long break. I loved Hiro screaming VILLAIN! and the sword action.

Did you read a spoiler that Parkman is going to die or is that a theory?

DL isn't necessarily dead yet. That part kinda bugged me, he coulda used his powers. Yea he took it for Nikki but he could have easily made them both intangible. With that ability I'd be pissed if he died to a bullet. His power is seriously downplayed, he could walk up to Sylar, Peter, and Claire and kill them with his brain twister :lol:[/quote]

The previews for next episode (season finale) showed him on the floor, shot in the stomach, dying. His shirt was really bloody like he lost a lot of blood. Its not for sure but possible. Also DL was alive on the previews for next episode, he was hurt, but alive...but for how long?

[quote name='vpr']Thoughts from last week's episode:

Do you think Peter can use more than one power at a time? I'm not sure he's able to because he needs to think about how he feels, if he were to switch his thoughts, he'd lose the power he was already doing. I don't think we've seen him use multiple powers at the same time yet?

We know Sylar is able to from the last episode. In his mother's house he was freezing the water and using his telekinesis to move the snow globes around.

This brings me to another question:

Who had the power to freeze water? Where did Sylar get this power from?

According to here: http://heroeswiki.com/Sylar#Acquired_Powers It mentions:

Maybe, this was one of those extra powers?

Love this show![/quote]

He must have some kind of limited healing powers and some mad jumping skills too....IIRC he got shot early on during the FBI chase at the hospital and got downed....then got back up and jumped away.

[quote name='Pookymeister']He must have some kind of limited healing powers and some mad jumping skills too....IIRC he got shot early on during the FBI chase at the hospital and got downed....then got back up and jumped away.[/quote]

I do think that he has some "really hard skin" power or something like that; we certainly haven't seen something like that yet. And it's possible, though not probable that he used telekinesis to stop the bullet before it actually hit him. As well it's been shown in the comics at least, that he can use the telekinesis to throw himself short distances.

Sorry if this was mentioned before but looks like there will be a Heroes spin-off

The "Heroes" phenomenon is about to get even bigger. NBC will offer 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and a spin-off called "Origins," which will introduce a new character each week -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the "Heroes" website on NBC.com to become a cast regular on "Heroes" the following season. The 24 regular episodes of "Heroes" will be supplemented with six "Origins" episodes.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5320.shtml

Sounds like crap.

[quote name='nharmon91']YOU ARE WRONG

Sorry had to rub it in. :)[/quote]

hes a healer, i wouldnt count him out just yet. same with dl and parkman, they could all come back before the end of the season.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I agree about the taking the bullet part. There's plenty of power inconsistencies in this show.
Seeing that Candace can pretty much control a whole environment, she should be able to off anyone - even Sylar.[/QUOTE]
I forgot about Candace. I thought it was hilarious that she told the kid she was actually huge. I wonder if we'll ever see her "real" form. Fat Mystique?

[quote name='CouRageouS']I forgot about Candace. I thought it was hilarious that she told the kid she was actually huge. I wonder if we'll ever see her "real" form. Fat Mystique?[/quote]

yeah when she thought that, i suddenly realized that she could be some huge person, or a guy, or who knows.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']yeah when she thought that, i suddenly realized that she could be some huge person, or a guy, or who knows.[/quote]
Taking that further, can she manipulate the way someone feels things too? I mean, i think she was holding Micah's hand when they went to the ballot. If she only manipulates light like he mentioned then he should be able to tell if shes a fattie or a man, etc.
Same with her touching other people.
On the other hand...if she can manipulate other senses....the whole linderman/DL/Nikki/Jessica scene could be one big act. :lol: (if I didn't see the preview for next week, I might believe that) I wouldn't be surprised if Candace winds up having played a part in that though

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The previews for next episode (season finale) showed him on the floor, shot in the stomach, dying. His shirt was really bloody like he lost a lot of blood. Its not for sure but possible. Also DL was alive on the previews for next episode, he was hurt, but alive...but for how long?[/quote]

Yup this is where the theory is from. Parkman is on the floor bleeding lke crazy with Mohinder pushing on his chest.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Taking that further, can she manipulate the way someone feels things too? I mean, i think she was holding Micah's hand when they went to the ballot. If she only manipulates light like he mentioned then he should be able to tell if shes a fattie or a man, etc.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that too because Linderman walked in and hugged her. But if she could only manipulate light then he wouldnt be able to embrace her all the way. I think her basic power is shapeshifting and also can project that to a certain extent. We've only seen her do this once (that I can remember) when she put Micah in that room loop.

[quote name='CouRageouS'] We've only seen her do this once (that I can remember) when she put Micah in that room loop.[/quote]

and hiding/showing simone dead on the bed.

So, did anyone else catch when Hiro's dad
looked into his sword's blade and had another face looking back in the reflection? Or was that just my imagination? I think his dad has a power. I also think that he IS Takezo Kensei, or at least has the soul of some warrior in him. He was badass in that episode.

[quote name='Dagget88']So, did anyone else catch when Hiro's dad
looked into his sword's blade and had another face looking back in the reflection? Or was that just my imagination? I think his dad has a power. I also think that he IS Takezo Kensei, or at least has the soul of some warrior in him. He was badass in that episode.
[/QUOTE]

Looked like snake man to me.

[quote name='Dagget88']So, did anyone else catch when Hiro's dad
[/quote]

i thought he looked different, but i didnt give it much thought. he said he had a power and referred to the same group that linderman and the patrellis used to be part of. assuming he was takezo kensei, you could speculate (here we go....) that he has a power like hiro, so he could have be kensei from the past now in the future.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
i thought he looked different, but i didnt give it much thought. he said he had a power and referred to the same group that linderman and the patrellis used to be part of. assuming he was takezo kensei, you could speculate (here we go....) that he has a power like hiro, so he could have be kensei from the past now in the future.
[/quote]

I took some screepcaps and put them together to show that it is in fact the George Tekai in the sword and outside the sword.
comparison.png

I do agree with the theory that he his immortal though.

[quote name='nharmon91']So Ted is Dead
Linderman is Dead
DL is Dead
And the mind reader guy dies next episode, bah I say.[/QUOTE]

Nice spoiler, numbnuts.

[quote name='sonderiaom']
I took some screepcaps and put them together to show that it is in fact the George Tekai in the sword and outside the sword.
comparison.png

I do agree with the theory that he his immortal though.
[/quote]

He has no eyebrows!

[quote name='Pookymeister']He has no eyebrows![/quote]

Naw, he has eyebrows, but the way the shot is taken, the very center of the sword, which is raised and split is right where the eyebrows would be so they don't show.

We'll prob find out next season.

Next summer they should spin off Heroes using the old timers and make a mini-series explaining the past story arc. Let Hiro accidentally time travel there for the Summer, so he can do some serious training then he would return at the beginning of Season 3 right where 2 left off. I'm sure season 2 will refer to the past more to help gain more interest. And how crazy would it be if Masi Oka buffed up and returned as a lean mean Hiro.

Before I even saw an epsoide, I thought this show looked really stupid, and hearing it was a serial, made me think of Lost and how I came to hate that show. But since Sci Fi did a marathon on Saturday showing all eps of it, I caught about 12 ep or so, and damn, I can't believe what I missed out on. This is a great show and I can't wait for the finale tonight, damn Heroes and 24, at the same time.

[quote name='evanft']Wow. That was probably the worst episode of the season. What a massive fucking disapointment.[/quote]

Agreed. It was quite literally the worst episode of the season. A lot of filler material and not much substance.

I actually enjoyed the episode for the most part. It did, atleast for me, what it was supposed to do, and that was keeping me wanting more.

Sure it could've ended much better, but overall it was pretty good.

And to whoever asked about how Molly knew Parkman, he saved her (due to his mind reading) in the 2nd episode pr half of the pilot depending on how you view it.

Anyone else wondering about the guy thats worse than Sylar, that one that can see Molly when she looks for him? That sounds kind of intriguing. I wonder if its Mrs. Petrelli?

I am a little bit dissappointed at the fact that no one died, save for Nathan in what was a bit of a surprise. But then again, no matter how mad brothers get, they'll always be there for each other.

And I like how they kept Sylar in the show. Slithering into the sewer and all. I think he is an integraul part of the show. Without him as the main, or a main, bad guy, I don't think the show would be the same. The actor that plays him, as well as Jack Coleman, add a lot to this show and I am glad to see both of them making it to "Generations."

Nice to see the Kensei is a Hero, since the eclipse occurred at what may have been his last stand.

Also, George Takei was on near the beginning of the episode.

I'll have more as I rewatch the episode tomorrow with my wife.

I thought it was an Ok Ep, except for the fact very little was resolved,
kinda glad they didn't kill Sylar.

That foreshadowing BS with Molly was terrible though, subtle as a 10-pound lump hammer.

[quote name='benjamouth']I thought it was an Ok Ep, except for the fact very little was resolved,
kinda glad they didn't kill Sylar

That foreshadowing BS with Molly was terrible though, subtle as a 10-pound lump hammer.[/quote]

There, fixed. Hopefully you fix it for people out West or people just browsing the responses before watching the episode on DVR.

spoiler tags are wonderful

• So how did Nathan know where to find the hero showdown?
    [*]Why didn't Hiro just stop time and kill Sylar in the studio apt?
    [*]Why do the villians always insist on choking and talking instead of just killing immediately?
    [*]Lastly what is the estimated hang time for Peter? Up ~10 miles, detonate, and how long til he hits the ground and is back in action.
Liked the episode overall. Didn't like all the hero vs villian cliches...see spoiler.

So how did Nathan know where to find the hero showdown?
Why didn't Hiro just stop time and kill Sylar in the studio apt?
Why do the villians always insist on choking and talking instead of just killing immediately?
Lastly what is the estimated hang time for Peter? Up ~10 miles, detonate, and how long til he hits the ground and is back in action.
Liked the episode overall. Didn't like all the hero vs villian cliches...see spoiler.

bread's done
Back