Heroes Volume 3: Villains

1) So Nikki has a different power for each split personality?

2) Why couldn't Hiro just go back in time to stop himself from opening the safe?

3) How did Maya suddenly lose her accent?

4) Mohinder thinks the powers come from the adrenal glands. Yet Sylar studies the brain to absorb the powers. How does that work?

5) The Level 5 people don't seem that dangerous. They just seem like a bunch of thugs.

I hear Geena Davis will become Mohinder's new love.

The whole Sylar bit at the end pissed me off considering the only family revelation that they should have been making in the series is that Adam Monroe = Mr. Petrelli. But they screwed that one up when in the graphic novel they revealed that Adam is Nikki/Tracy's X-father (not clear if he is her father, grandfather, great grandfather, or higher).

I feel kinda bad for Caitlin (the irish chick Peter fell for) apparently she's not even going to get a reference (Ie "she's all right now" or "i coudnt save her") in the rest of the series, so it looks like she's staying in the land of the lost.

[quote name='ananag112']
1) So Nikki has a different power for each split personality?

2) Why couldn't Hiro just go back in time to stop himself from opening the safe?

3) How did Maya suddenly lose her accent?

4) Mohinder thinks the powers come from the adrenal glands. Yet Sylar studies the brain to absorb the powers. How does that work?

5) The Level 5 people don't seem that dangerous. They just seem like a bunch of thugs.
[/quote]

1. It would appear so. So next year, when she is killed off in the season finale, she will have the ability to morph, ala Mystique.

2. Ando suggested it, but Hiro refused to go back to the past. So now its going to be cat and mouse with him and the girl.

3. Its tv, anyone can do/lose anything at any time.

4. I think with what happened with Mohinder at the end (Spiderman-wannabe), its safe to say that Sylar knows what makes the abilities tick.

5. The end made it seem that way, I wonder what Jesse's (guy that Peter is trapped in) ability is. They said he was the baddest of the bad.

Also, it was cool to see Elle blow Sylar away as he was trying to cut open her scalp. I wonder if that's her defense mechanism or if she can do it at will and just didn't know about it or it is triggered by a emotional response.

Solid episode, much better than most of last season. Hopefully they can build on it. And what about the team up they teased
Noah/Sylar)
for next week, how insane would that be.
Though, Sylar just cut open his niece's head to get her ability

[quote name='Chase']And, great holy ghost, Sylar's the third Summers brother! O_O;;[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing to a friend I watched the premiere with
Mrs. Petrelli = Mr. Sinister :)

[quote name='craven_fiend']
2. Ando suggested it, but Hiro refused to go back to the past. So now its going to be cat and mouse with him and the girl.
[/QUOTE]

Ando suggested that Hiro go back in time to see Hiro's father again.

They really should have gotten rid of Hiro's power to travel through time. It opens up too many lose ends. Hiro's powers should just be the ability to stop time and to teleport.

Also, whats with Claire not being able to die? Why did past Hiro come and tell Peter "save the cheerleader, save the world" if Claire can't die?

[quote name='ananag112']
Also, whats with Claire not being able to die? Why did past Hiro come and tell Peter "save the cheerleader, save the world" if Claire can't die?
[/QUOTE]

i assume it was just in the context of save her from sylar, not necessarily save her life. well, at least thats what id assume now.

[quote name='ananag112']
Ando suggested that Hiro go back in time to see Hiro's father again.
[/QUOTE]

True. But the main point is that Hiro refuses to go back in time again period. He's seen the butterfly affect first hand and doesn't want to risk messing things up anymore.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I said the same thing to a friend I watched the premiere with
Mrs. Petrelli = Mr. Sinister :)
[/quote]

Indeed. But Sinister's actually prettier. ;)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
i assume it was just in the context of save her from sylar, not necessarily save her life. well, at least thats what id assume now.
[/QUOTE]

Well, the way I see it was like this.

Claire's Powers may still be advancing. She's not feeling pain now, so she may have been mortal then. The brain still seems to be key. Her and Peter both died when object were wedged in the brain. And even Adam appeared afraid of having his head completely removed.

As for saving the world, she still was key. If Sylar had killed her, she would not become a voice of reason for Nathan. Mrs. Petrelli had a good hold over his decisions at the time and he may not have come to his senses to rescue New York from Peter. Claire's being there I feel pulled at enough of Nathan's conflicted feelings to snap him out of it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']When did
future Peter do his thing to present Peter?
[/QUOTE]

When present peter chased him in the beginning. Future Peter sent him away and then pretended to be present Peter saying that he lost the guy he was chasing (future peter).

[quote name='Liquid 2']When did
future Peter do his thing to present Peter?
[/QUOTE]

he did it in the bathroom (future Peter is the one that the cop asks if he saw who it was)

[quote name='craven_fiend']
1. It would appear so. So next year, when she is killed off in the season finale, she will have the ability to morph, ala Mystique.

3. Its tv, anyone can do/lose anything at any time.

4. I think with what happened with Mohinder at the end (Spiderman-wannabe), its safe to say that Sylar knows what makes the abilities tick.

5. The end made it seem that way, I wonder what Jesse's (guy that Peter is trapped in) ability is. They said he was the baddest of the bad.

Also, it was cool to see Elle blow Sylar away as he was trying to cut open her scalp. I wonder if that's her defense mechanism or if she can do it at will and just didn't know about it or it is triggered by a emotional response.

Solid episode, much better than most of last season. Hopefully they can build on it. And what about the team up they teased
Noah/Sylar)
for next week, how insane would that be.
Though, Sylar just cut open his niece's head to get her ability
[/quote]

@ question #5 - If I can remember, when Noah was going through the list of baddies on his laptop he mentioned that Jesse's power was sound or something along the lines. Kinda like a banshee, that'll break everything if he screams.

More Spoiler Goodness! Thoughts on Season 3

I kinda like Nikki having the quirk of different powers to her personalities. It gives the character a very unique twist.

I really like the characters, but who actually stays dead here anymore? Seems like just peripheral characters like Bob. I feel a little bad for him. It did appear at times he was trying to "right the ship" even though it may have been at the manipulative cost of his daughter (in the never used Sylar hunt).

Angela Petrelli is a stone cold bitch. She's in charge of the company now? I get the feeling she is gonna be the real villain. She plays the part very well. And I like her power reveal. It was right there in front of us all along and I missed it.

She's Sylars Momma? Think that's legit? Cause that's pretty well messed up. Great shocker moment. The one thing I felt all of season 2 and the first episode of Season 3 was missing was the "holy shit, what is going on?" feeling. I used to practically die at the cliffhangers of each episode since I was so wrapped up in the mystery.

Regarding the picture. Anywhere we can reference it and the people? I didn't recall them saying specifically that Adam was in the picture. Especially since he was supposed to have been locked up a very long time. In the epsiode from Season 2 where Hiro time travels the previous generation was much younger when they locked Adam away. The picture was using the more recent actors so it's gotta be after they locked him up right? So was it 12 people Adam brought together to make 13?

Glad to see they didn't just bring back Lindermann. He's going to be part of Nathan's broken mind. This should be fun.

The villains are great at minimum for the new powers. We already had pairs like crazy (Nathan and West, Peter and Sylar - the nice coin duality, Claire and Adam, Issac and this new African character). Let's see some variety people!

My biggest gripe is the "end of the World" thing AGAIN. Season 1 had a simple premise in the loss of New York which then created the bleaker police state type. Then the Virus, which was good and even though the plotline ended way too early with the strike I liked that it didn't get out. I wished it had a few more episodes at least for drama though. Now, we have the formula. Which looks very much like Mohinder's work. And while the "everyone with powers" chaos looks interesting the plot feels tacky. Hiro needs a quest. Don't open the safe. And then the thief happens to be right there. There better be a great explanation for the timing of that. Cause it's feeling very tired to me.

But I give the thumbs up on the new season so far. Seems like they are over compensating the action due to last seasons drama. We just need more interesting drama. The villains play is working great. Our Peter in the body of a villain, new ones loose, Sylar being recruited into the company, Ando vs Hiro maybe, there's a lot in play here.

HRG is still the man. I hope he gets to play foil in all this super powered action.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Oh, that's right.

Now put that in spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

It was vague enough to not need them IMO. When watching the episode you already know who present peter was chasing as the scene is through future peter's eyes.

What's the policy on spoiler tag's anyway? Most other forums I've posted at is that they're not required after the episode has aired on the east coast.

Lord_Kefka you shut your mouth (jokingly of course) Heroes is in some desperate need of some action. The series has been too dramatic (and i started watching for the drama) i mean claire is being way to melodramatic, and the best episode of season one is the 5 years into the future where they do battle. so serisously time for more action.

and how long are we going to keep doing spoilers. i mean if someone hasn't seen the episodes yet why would they come in here anyways, they aren't learning anything cause people are just talking about the new episodes with spoiler tags.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']More Spoiler Goodness! Thoughts on Season 3

I kinda like Nikki having the quirk of different powers to her personalities. It gives the character a very unique twist.

I really like the characters, but who actually stays dead here anymore? Seems like just peripheral characters like Bob. I feel a little bad for him. It did appear at times he was trying to "right the ship" even though it may have been at the manipulative cost of his daughter (in the never used Sylar hunt).

Angela Petrelli is a stone cold bitch. She's in charge of the company now? I get the feeling she is gonna be the real villain. She plays the part very well. And I like her power reveal. It was right there in front of us all along and I missed it.

She's Sylars Momma? Think that's legit? Cause that's pretty well messed up. Great shocker moment. The one thing I felt all of season 2 and the first episode of Season 3 was missing was the "holy shit, what is going on?" feeling. I used to practically die at the cliffhangers of each episode since I was so wrapped up in the mystery.

Regarding the picture. Anywhere we can reference it and the people? I didn't recall them saying specifically that Adam was in the picture. Especially since he was supposed to have been locked up a very long time. In the epsiode from Season 2 where Hiro time travels the previous generation was much younger when they locked Adam away. The picture was using the more recent actors so it's gotta be after they locked him up right? So was it 12 people Adam brought together to make 13?

Glad to see they didn't just bring back Lindermann. He's going to be part of Nathan's broken mind. This should be fun.

The villains are great at minimum for the new powers. We already had pairs like crazy (Nathan and West, Peter and Sylar - the nice coin duality, Claire and Adam, Issac and this new African character). Let's see some variety people!

My biggest gripe is the "end of the World" thing AGAIN. Season 1 had a simple premise in the loss of New York which then created the bleaker police state type. Then the Virus, which was good and even though the plotline ended way too early with the strike I liked that it didn't get out. I wished it had a few more episodes at least for drama though. Now, we have the formula. Which looks very much like Mohinder's work. And while the "everyone with powers" chaos looks interesting the plot feels tacky. Hiro needs a quest. Don't open the safe. And then the thief happens to be right there. There better be a great explanation for the timing of that. Cause it's feeling very tired to me.

But I give the thumbs up on the new season so far. Seems like they are over compensating the action due to last seasons drama. We just need more interesting drama. The villains play is working great. Our Peter in the body of a villain, new ones loose, Sylar being recruited into the company, Ando vs Hiro maybe, there's a lot in play here.

HRG is still the man. I hope he gets to play foil in all this super powered action.
[/quote]

For the Company's picture, check out the Heroes Wiki http://heroeswiki.com/The_Company's_founders

My big question though is, if Linderman is really just in Nathan's mind, how was he able to heal Nathan? Or does getting a dose of a regen'ers blood make you more or less immortal? I'm hoping this is more about the first question rather than the second. The ability to make everyone immortal would kill the show real fast.

[quote name='infinitepez']
My big question though is, if Linderman is really just in Nathan's mind, how was he able to heal Nathan? Or does getting a dose of a regen'ers blood make you more or less immortal?
[/QUOTE]

I think it was future Peter who healed him. Remember he was dead and Peter was standing over him and touching him when he woke up.

I'd guess in addition to Claire's ability to heal herself, he picked up the ability to heal others from somone somewhere along the way.

[quote name='infinitepez']
My big question though is, if Linderman is really just in Nathan's mind, how was he able to heal Nathan? Or does getting a dose of a regen'ers blood make you more or less immortal? I'm hoping this is more about the first question rather than the second. The ability to make everyone immortal would kill the show real fast.
[/quote]

My thoughts on your question:
it seemed that as soon as Peter kissed Nathan on the forehead, he came to life.
I don't think Linderman revived Nathan, I think that Peter somehow got Linderman's power since he was int he room, and inadvertently saved Nathan

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My thoughts on your question:
it seemed that as soon as Peter kissed Nathan on the forehead, he came to life.
I don't think Linderman revived Nathan, I think that Peter somehow got Linderman's power since he was int he room, and inadvertently saved Nathan
[/QUOTE]

only hitch i see, is in the "preview" for the rest of the season they show linderman with the speedy girl, so why would she see him?

LOL. You got it Gumby. I am all for some more action in the series. Just as long as the storytelling keeps up.

Oh yeah, I forgot super horny Spider-Mohinder. Something awful has to come of this.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']
Well, the way I see it was like this.

Claire's Powers may still be advancing. She's not feeling pain now, so she may have been mortal then. The brain still seems to be key. Her and Peter both died when object were wedged in the brain. And even Adam appeared afraid of having his head completely removed.
[/QUOTE]
It makes me wonder wonder if Claire is immune to dying from decapitation now, since Sylar said she can't die. Maybe if she was decapitated, her body will eventually just grow back like when her toe grew back when she got curious that one episode.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']
@ question #5 - If I can remember, when Noah was going through the list of baddies on his laptop he mentioned that Jesse's power was sound or something along the lines. Kinda like a banshee, that'll break everything if he screams.
[/quote]

The post office dude, from the Webisodes, is like Banshee. They called him Echo. I am sure if I looked on the website, I might be able to find Jesse's power.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
only hitch i see, is in the "preview" for the rest of the season they show linderman with the speedy girl, so why would she see him?
[/QUOTE]

Since everyone is connected to everyone else, could it be his daughter?

The spoiler tags seem to be getting excessive. Can't we just agree post freely after it airs on the west coast? I wouldn't even mind if you east coasters want to discuss the show as it airs without spoiler tags, I (and other west coasters) could just steer clear of the thread until I'm finished watching.

I think the only things that should be spoiler tagged are things that haven't aired yet.

I third it. Works that way on other TV forums, spoiler free after it's aired on the East coast.

Thread is annoying as hell to read with having to click all the spoiler tags. People should know not to click on the thread after it's aired if they have it Tivoed or whatever as of course people will only be talking about the episode!

[quote name='dmaul1114']
I think it was future Peter who healed him. Remember he was dead and Peter was standing over him and touching him when he woke up.

I'd guess in addition to Claire's ability to heal herself, he picked up the ability to heal others from somone somewhere along the way.
[/quote]

I hope not. If they walk down the "he has this power because he met someone somewhere sometime that had it" line, could turn him into a giant deus ex machina.

What I don't yet understand is why Claire is so "special", wouldn't Peter be the most "special" of all Heroes/Villans? Doesn't Sylar know what power Peter has? That would be the ultimate power for him to obtain.

[quote name='infinitepez']I hope not. If they walk down the "he has this power because he met someone somewhere sometime that had it" line, could turn him into a giant deus ex machina.[/QUOTE]

He already has that. He absorbs powers of everyone he meets. So there's no way they cannot go down the line.

Future Peter will have the powers of every person with an ability that he met.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] Doesn't Sylar know what power Peter has? That would be the ultimate power for him to obtain.[/QUOTE]

I'd say he doesn't know yet.

But the series pretty much has to go that route as Sylar and Peter are clearly the main villain/hero respectively.

Sylar who kills to obtain power as the villain, and Peter as the hero who gains powers without harming others with the goal of saving the world/stopping Sylar.

[quote name='dmaul1114']He already has that. He absorbs powers of everyone he meets. So there's no way they cannot go down the line.

Future Peter will have the powers of every person with an ability that he met.[/quote]

I get that, but with present Peter we have a good idea of who he runs into/which powers he absorbs. My worry is Future Peter, who has 4 years unaccounted for. If they start going "we need an anti-magnet guy...let's assume future peter met a guy that can throw wooden spikes from his fingertips, so he can too"....

[quote name='dmaul1114']True. But the main point is that Hiro refuses to go back in time again period. He's seen the butterfly affect first hand and doesn't want to risk messing things up anymore.[/QUOTE]

But didn't he mess it up by

Going into the future and seeing Ando killing him.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Who else thinks that
the "Ando" that killed Hiro in the future was Peter in disguise?
[/QUOTE]

Could be, but who shoots red lightning?

[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, he could have just controlled his mind instead of shooting him.

[quote name='ananag112']But didn't he mess it up by

Going into the future and seeing Ando killing him.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess he hadn't figured out yet that going in the future and coming back could ALSO fuck things up.

[quote name='infinitepez']I get that, but with present Peter we have a good idea of who he runs into/which powers he absorbs. My worry is Future Peter, who has 4 years unaccounted for. If they start going "we need an anti-magnet guy...let's assume future peter met a guy that can throw wooden spikes from his fingertips, so he can too"....[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree it could end up being lame. But there's no way around it. He absorbs powers from everyone he comes into contact with, so he'd have to have accumulated a lot of powers in those 4 years.

[quote name='ananag112']Could be, but who shoots red lightning?[/quote]
Doesn't Sylar shoot Red Lightning?
Or after years of being in dark behind Hiro, Ando finally decides to take the Promicin shot after it is perfected by Mohinder...
Seriously...the 4400?? They copied the 4400??
Not to mention nods to Quantum Leap in the season premiere

[/quote]

Possibly, if they debut someone who can
use the hadouken

However, considering Ando's Japanese (yes, that's my logic) and he did the hadouken (Street Fighter is Japanese; follow me down the rabbit hole), I think that will be his power once he injects himself with Mohinder's serum. I think Ando will be able to control matter, which would be a nice power to have.

[quote name='dmaul1114']

What's the policy on spoiler tag's anyway? Most other forums I've posted at is that they're not required after the episode has aired on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

I dont give a fat babies dick if people use spoilers in here or not...people should be smart enough to know its being talked about and if they dont want anything ruined, just dont read it vs comming in here whining like cunts that they read that claire farts at the end of hr 1 and ruins their perception of her.

I thought it was
Peter b/c the jacket "Ando" was wearing was similar to the one Peter wore earlier in the show (I gotta re-watch that scene on my dvr) and also b/c Hiro said, "I trusted you" which does not apply to Sylar (one of the two people I thought could shoot red lightning).

Check out my Villain Stopper doors!!!

door_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
*Major Spoilers of Episode 3.01*

I really can't decide whether or not I liked the first episode. On the one side, most of the stuff with Peter, Nathan, Claire and sort of Niki too was pretty good although it's a little weird because I honestly don't remember from S2 what happened to Niki so I'm not sure how much this working for the Senator thing is supposed to make sense or not make sense so far. That said, the shit with Hiro and Ando is pretty blah so far and the whole thing about Mohinder making this substance that gives powers to anybody is just retarded. I liked that there were people on Heroes like Ando and Mohinder that didn't have powers and now they have a way to give anybody and everybody that shows up on the show a power. Not only that, but it was kind of hilariously stupid that Mohinder's shot also seems to function as a great alternative to Viagra. Either that or one of his powers is the ability to fuck hot Puerto Ricans and then get instant super-AIDs. But the biggest head-smacker was easily the whole "Oh snap, is Sylar a Petrelli?" move. I mean, Heroes is starting to seem like some super hero soap opera.

Yeah, Sylar not being able to get through the door may have been the lamest thing in the series yet. He can throw clair against the wall with his power, but can't pull a flimsy door of its hinges?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, Sylar not being able to get through the door may have been the lamest thing in the series yet. He can throw clair against the wall with his power, but can't pull a flimsy door of its hinges?[/QUOTE]

i think he was just wanting to toy with her, cause i mean he didnt kill her either

bread's done
Back