HeroScape boardgame clearance at Wal-Mart (YMMV)

KillingMachine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm not sure if many here are interested in board games, but Wal-Mart has been doing a clearance on their "exclusive" version of the HeroScape master set. It's the same as a standard master set, only you get three bonus figures in addition to everything else.

Anyway, YMMV on prices and availability, but I was able to snag one for $15. I've seen them at other Wal-Marts at varying degrees of clearance prices between $15 to $30. The standard price for a master set is about $40 and the non "Wal-Mart exclusive" sets still seem to be going for full price even though you get less in them.

The game plays a lot like a tactics style videogame. If you want more info about the game, check out the official HeroScape website.

I believe thats the newer version of this:
csss-heroquest.jpg

Or at least the closest thing to it to come out since.

Heroquest is the bomb tho, poor man's D&D.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I believe thats the newer version of this:
csss-heroquest.jpg

Heroquest is the bomb tho, poor man's D&D.[/QUOTE]

I used to have it and it was the game.. The problem was getting everybody together like always.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I believe thats the newer version of this:

Heroquest is the bomb tho, poor man's D&D.[/QUOTE]
Still have that in my parents' basement. And yeah, I've thought of the similarities every time I've seen the display at TRU.

I think I played hero quest every weekend til I finished all the missions, expansions packs, and all the new missions we could make up. Those were fun times. I passed it down to my little sisters and now they're hooked. :D

bread's done
Back