"Hey baby... what's your new sign?"

Haha, wow. Can't wait to see how hard people reject this. Not that I concern myself with zodiac signs anyway, but that guy's an idiot if he thinks people are going to just willingly adopt "Ophiuchus" and let it screw with everyone elses sign. Does he actually believe that because "the Earth's position in relation to the sun has changed" that people will throw out a system that's been in place for centuries? He just pissed off a shit ton of hippies, lol.

Posted my thread in the wrong section, haha.

I went from Scorpio to Virgo, haha.

It has to do with the Earths tilt btw, link at the bottom.

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41058456/ns/41058965

it's very weird, but if accepted, could be a boom in selling new shit like books, etc, because the dates are changed.

[quote name='DestroVega']it's very weird, but if accepted, could be a boom in selling new shit like books, etc, because the dates are changed.[/QUOTE]

Which is likely the only reason this change was made public. As the article says, it's technically been like this for hundreds of years. How many other archaic/irrelevant rituals do people still follow? Who cares about one more...especially when it concerns something as useless as defining your personality based on when you were born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w59boLMnrbU

I'm pretty sure these new signs only effect people born after 2009. If you were born prior, you are still your same sign.
Disclaimer: I don't believe in astrology.

[quote name='JStryke']Funny how scorpio is only like a week long now.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I just noticed that. How can you really consider this to be 13 signs when one is 6 days long? I stayed a Taurus by two days and I don't like how close it came. So really, anyone who shifted should suddenly feel connected to the traits of their new sign? I liked astrology as one of those non-serious fun things, but this is really stupid.

Went from being an Aquarius to a Capricorn. I never gave a crap about Astrology, but this is hilarious. I usually don't like to make fun of people's beliefs, but come on now..

[quote name='DestroVega']jesus, This is why I tell my wife, who is so into Astrology, that it's all just a huge pile of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I bet it makes her feel wonderful when you belittle her beliefs because she's so inferior. Haha, women.

I thought there was some nonsense about Pluto being delisted as a planet that fucked up the zodiac years and years ago?

None of your signs changed because this doesn't affect the kind of zodiac any of you were using in the first place:

No, your zodiac sign hasn't changed

But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.

That's worth rephrasing: If you considered yourself a Cancer under the tropical zodiac last week, you're still a Cancer under the same zodiac this week.

That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

[quote name='javeryh']I went from Virgo to Virgomus Prime.[/QUOTE]

Now that is awesome, they should throw away the regular sign animals and make them all transformers.

Shit. Apparently I need to divorce my wife. We're no longer matching signs. I also need to change my personality. And lucky numbers? f**kballs, don't get me started. No wonder I never won the lottery. I was playing the wrong sign's lucky numbers all along! I also had the tattoos. Oh so many glorious tattoos of whatever the hell my sign used to be. They covered my body.

When I took Astronomy in college, I knew it was a bunch of horsepoop. Planets, stars, suns. That's all outerspace sci-fi nonsense. THanks a lot Zodiac. You ruined my life!

WOO still a cock and bull story. Born in 1981 - chicken, may 13- june 21 = taurus. Also, I agree, I think someone saw it in the stars that they could come up with a new BS way of ripping people off, so they invented a new astrological sign, because it used to be every astrological sign was about a month long but now some are a month and 8 days, and some are 8 days.

[quote name='icp_00_111']Now that is awesome, they should throw away the regular sign animals and make them all transformers.[/QUOTE]
I also vote for robot animals. I will need to recruit 4 more leos to create Voltron.

If you're doing this by Eastern astrology based on the sun's position in a certain constellation, isn't it based on where the sun was on the day you were born? So really nothing changes for anyone unless the sun wasn't in that particular constellation when you were born.

According to the always valid wikipedia:

In Indian astrology, the twelve signs are associated with constellations, while in Chinese astrology and Western Astrology there is no connection with constellations, as it is simply the line of the equator that is divided into twelve equal segments.

In Western and Asian astrology, the emphasis is on space, and the movement of the Sun, Moon and planets in the sky through each of the zodiac signs. In Chinese astrology, by contrast, the emphasis is on time, with the zodiac operating on cycles of years, months, and hours of the day.

Really this whole thing sounds like some small pissant astronomer in Minnesota decided to make a name for himself and cash in on the BS known as astrology.

And now, of course, since this has been so inaccurately reported, people are going to believe their signs have changed for years to come, even though they haven't.

One thing I always wondered - when we colonize the moon, will all of the moon's natives have different astrological signs?

Unfortunately the new signs will probally be PC bullshit with corporate sponsorship.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I also vote for robot animals. I will need to recruit 4 more leos to create Voltron.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I told my editor at GamesRadar that should do a feature on Zodiac upgrades (as opposed to this shift). Taurus = Minotaur (particularly the one from Vagrant Story), Pieces = MegaShark, Aries = Dodge Ram, Gemini = The Doublemint twins from the 80's.

[quote name='Gden']I'm a bull, can't I be the chest since the power rangers have done that?[/QUOTE]

You can be a Megazord on your own -- I present Torozord!

ginga-sb-gotaurus01.jpg

bread's done
Back