Hey Dude Season 1 DVD Preorder $13.99 on Amazon.com

Someone needs to check, because I seriously think hell finally froze over. I still can't believe this! Awesome.

[quote name='gojiboy']Someone needs to check, because I seriously think hell finally froze over. I still can't believe this! Awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's being released buy SHOUT!, which now has the rights to various Nickelodeon shows to release on DVD. They have already announced The Wild Thornberrys and Rocko's Modern Life. I really want to know what other shows they are going to release! Can't wait for Hey Dude though!

OMG this is pretty coincidental..stumbled upon this great site ran by the PeopleOfWalmart, memoryglands.com, and they had this posted with the opening credits. I'm definitely buying this, totaly made Christine Taylor's career! I didn't recall any of the other actors going on to do something, except the mexican guy looking like he could grow into the Oscar on the Office..

This is pretty awesome. And I agree with the people saying that they need to release Salute Your Shorts on DVD. No reason for them not to, it has to be one of the most requested old Nickelodeon shows.

Man I used to watch this show a lot, along with the other great Nick classics like Salute your shorts and Alex Mack.
I would love to have the game shows on DVD/Blu ray like Double Dare, Guts, and The Legend of the Hidden Temple. /Nostalgic

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I would rather have Salute Your Shorts, but I'll get this set.[/QUOTE]

This.

Nickelodeon needs to get on this, there's money to be taken from me!

[quote name='Lice']Still would love the are you afraid of the dark all on dvd... This is still awesome though!!![/QUOTE]

7 seasons (Don't know if that's all of them) were released on DVD in Canada (Same Region). They are all OOP, but some online stores still have them. You have to look for them though.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Hey a little off topic I used to love this show on Nick, it was like Salute your Shorts but set in a school.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Freshmen?

You guys may call me crazy...but I'd give up HBO, Showtime, AMC, Starz, FX, etc. for a channel that played nothing but old school Nickelodeon.

Seriously, stuff like this, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Pete & Pete, Keenan and Kel, All That, What Would You Do? etc. are up there in caliber with The Wire and Breaking Bad as far as I'm concerned.

Almost every single show was AAA on Nick back in the day, and I bet 70% of it would hold up perfectly.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Almost every single show was AAA on Nick back in the day, and I bet 70% of it would hold up perfectly.[/QUOTE]

The current kids will say the same thing about the shit on Nick nowadays in 15 years. It's called nostalgia.

And you all are of course forgetting about the glorious Nick Arcade (c'mon guys, it's a gaming website). I wouldn't buy those on DVD but I DID used to stay up until 4 AM to watch it when it was on Nick GAS.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']To hell with Hey Dude, I demand Pete & Pete Season 3![/QUOTE]

This is the first correct response.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I would rather have Salute Your Shorts, but I'll get this set.[/QUOTE]

This is the second.

Here is the third:

Watch out for them jackrabbits and that killer cacti.

good to see the old school nick stuff getting dvd releases, but if you cannot wait, a alot of them are available on itunes, including hey dude and some salute your shorts

[quote name='mr_bungle']You guys may call me crazy...but I'd give up HBO, Showtime, AMC, Starz, FX, etc. for a channel that played nothing but old school Nickelodeon.

Seriously, stuff like this, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Pete & Pete, Keenan and Kel, All That, What Would You Do? etc. are up there in caliber with The Wire and Breaking Bad as far as I'm concerned.

Almost every single show was AAA on Nick back in the day, and I bet 70% of it would hold up perfectly.[/QUOTE]

No way, remove the nostalgia filter, and most of those shows are corny as hell, and don't hold up at all. Watch most of this stuff today and I guarantee you you'll be rolling your eyes so much you'll make yourself dizzy. While I'm glad that this stuff is available for those that want it, I think some shows are best left in the past, rather than retroactively ruin your memories.

Kirin Lemon
Quote: Ervgotti85
Hey a little off topic I used to love this show on Nick, it was like Salute your Shorts but set in a school.
Welcome Freshmen?

Props to you I could not remember the name of the show for nothing.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Seriously, stuff like this, Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Pete & Pete, Keenan and Kel, All That, What Would You Do? etc. are up there in caliber with The Wire and Breaking Bad as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

Dear god, no. I'll grant you Pete & Pete, but the rest of those? Just... no.

[quote name='mr_bungle']You guys may call me crazy...but I'd give up HBO, Showtime, AMC, Starz, FX, etc. for a channel that played nothing but old school Nickelodeon.

[/QUOTE]

Such a place almost existed (Noggin) but was...replaced.

Almost every single show was AAA on Nick back in the day, and I bet 70% of it would hold up perfectly.[/QUOTE]

There used to be a channel that did just this. It was called Nick GaS (Games and Sports for Kids). It was so awesome watching all of those shows. Then it went away. :cry:

Nick GaS

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Dear god, no. I'll grant you Pete & Pete, but the rest of those? Just... no.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. Adventures of Pete & Pete was something very, very special. I sadly never see another children's network airing another live action television show that's so wonderfully surreal.

EDIT: I just read that TeenNick will start airing Pete & Pete in October. Somebody scream at people with Nielsen boxes so we can get season 3 on DVD.

[quote name='capybara554321']Hey dude was stupid then and its stupider now. I cant wait to get it though. Did they ever say if rocko was uncut?[/QUOTE]

They haven't said one way or another, but from what I've read when stuff from that era on Nick / MTV was edited, frequently they edited the original master tapes, so a lot of censored footage no longer exists. I know this is the case with some episodes of Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead, not sure about Rocco though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']EDIT: I just read that TeenNick will start airing Pete & Pete in October. Somebody scream at people with Nielsen boxes so we can get season 3 on DVD.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. At the very least, hopefully we can get some better-quality TV rips than the ones currently floating around the internet.

Did these shows not have closed captions back in the day? I see Amazon isn't listing Hey Dude or Pete and Pete or Wild Thornberries or any of this stuff with closed captions. I recently suffered a severe hearing loss, and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to read the audio in the show.

bread's done
Back