Hey. I have a question...

EarthKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey. I was wondering...Is there a website that I could download PSV files my PS2 games so I can transfer them on the PS3? Or a way I can convert PS2 gamesaves into PSV files. I want to get rid of my PS2 but I just can't get my gamesaves out of the memory card...And no I'm not going to buy the PS2 to PS3 memory card converter...It's seems like a waste of money for something I'm only going to use once and only once...Any help would be appriciated. Thanx :)

[quote name='EarthKing']Hey. I was wondering...Is there a website that I could download PSV files my PS2 games so I can transfer them on the PS3?

Or a way I can convert PS2 gamesaves into PSV files. I want to get rid of my PS2 but I just can't get my gamesaves out of the memory card...And no I'm not going to buy the PS2 to PS3 memory card converter...It's seems like a waste of money for something I'm only going to use once and only once...Any help would be appriciated. Thanx :)[/QUOTE]

Gamefaqs has a few and there was another site that used to convert gameshark and others, but otherwise, there is no way to get them.

The saves are encrypted on the PS2 memory cards. The other ways of doing it are a pain in the @$$, via 3rd party cheat software, I've owned a PS3-PS2 converter for a few years now and it comes in handy when I need it, I don't know why everyone slags the poor thing, when everyone seems to want to use it, then they need it :roll:. Otherwise it's a waste to have...

Just spend the few bucks, pick it up, do your thing and return it, if you can't bear to keep the thing. I personally think it's worth keeping when you need it, but that's just me.

find a gamestop that has it used . you have 7 days to return used items for your money back. otherwise there was a thread floating around where people were sending the adapter to one another

[quote name='m_d_amore']find a gamestop that has it used . you have 7 days to return used items for your money back. otherwise there was a thread floating around where people were sending the adapter to one another[/QUOTE]

basically this

[quote name='EarthKing']How much do they cost at GS or is the price YMMV? Thanx for the responses....I might just do that.[/QUOTE]

I had to get one about two years ago and it was somewhere around $9.99. The price may have dropped since then. Unfortunately, it's not listed on their website anymore, but I found some old entry for a new one at $14.99, so it's probably under $10. Worst case, as someone said, just buy it, transfer your stuff, then return it.

the official Sony is adapter is OOP so you probably wont find it anywhere. You can get third party knockoff from ebay for dirt cheap

bread's done
Back