Hey SNK Playmore...I want my NEOGEO

[quote name='dserafin1986']What's the dilly...When is this gonna hit the VC...I am seriously fiending for some Baseball Stars 2...[/QUOTE]

its coming tomorrow

I was excited about SNK coming to the Wii, but not anymore. Nintendo is doing a piss poor job of emulating the VC games so I wouldn't get my hopes up. We'll probably get severly gimped versions of the games with horribly mapped controls.

[quote name='duncecap']Are you aware of this new invention the kids are using, Google?[/QUOTE]

Gosh, really, is it on the intra-net thingy I hear so much about.

I checked earlier, before posting, and couldnt find anything.

[quote name='yukine']Bleh, I read the article wrong. It won't be released until next week.[/QUOTE]

Could you link to that article? I've searched for it, but non luck finding it.

So I just looked at Baseball Stars 2, and I'm surprised they're bring that instead of 1. That game was much more customizable in terms of teams and players.

[quote name='Chacrana']But Baseball Stars 2 was a lot more fun.

Awesome game.[/QUOTE]

What was so different about it? I loved Baseball Stars 1, the built in teams were awesome(American Dreams, Ninja Black Sox, World Powers).

Not the same as the NES versions...Baseball Stars 1 for the NES is the best baseball game ever...But Baseball Stars 2 for the Neo Geo is without a doubt the best looking and playing 2d baseball game ever made...hands down bar none...The reason I don't consider it better than Baseball Stars 1 for the NES is the lack of powering up...

[quote name='dserafin1986']Not the same as the NES versions...Baseball Stars 1 for the NES is the best baseball game ever...But Baseball Stars 2 for the Neo Geo is without a doubt the best looking and playing 2d baseball game ever made...hands down bar none...The reason I don't consider it better than Baseball Stars 1 for the NES is the lack of powering up...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, thats dissapointing.

I thought Nintendo wanted to keep VC games untampered with? What's up with allowing SNK to add online multiplayer to NeoGeo games?

That pisses me off.

[quote name='dserafin1986']What's the dilly...When is this gonna hit the VC...I am seriously fiending for some Baseball Stars 2...[/QUOTE]

'Scuse me sir, there's a line

*points to a line of ps2 fighters waiting to come out that stretches over the horizon*

[quote name='yukine']I thought Nintendo wanted to keep VC games untampered with? What's up with allowing SNK to add online multiplayer to NeoGeo games?

That pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

If "untampered" means ripping out features in VC games and not allowing us to map the buttons to our liking then for God's sake tamper away. TAMPER AWAY!!!

Oh yeah, and if these SNK games aren't arcade perfect with the option to map the controls how we want they can fuck off.

[quote name='Apossum']'Scuse me sir, there's a line

*points to a line of ps2 fighters waiting to come out that stretches over the horizon*[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for Baseball stars to be re-released on any system for alot longer than that.

[quote name='jza1218']I've been waiting for Baseball stars to be re-released on any system for alot longer than that.[/quote]
If you're that desperate, why not just buy a Neo-Geo and Baseball Stars?

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']If you're that desperate, why not just buy a Neo-Geo and Baseball Stars?[/QUOTE]

Desperate != Rich. Neo-Geos are still a pricey beast.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']If you're that desperate, why not just buy a Neo-Geo and Baseball Stars?[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I really dont need a kidney....

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Uhhh, you can get an AES for ~$150 and Baseball Stars for ~$30. How is this pricey?[/QUOTE]
I love how 180 bucks isnt pricey.

[quote name='jza1218']I love how 180 bucks isnt pricey.[/QUOTE]
Baseball Stars 2 for AES usually sells for $80+...Baseball star pro sells for $30...But baseball stars pro is absolute poop....Get and AES, cart system and controllers and your looking at $300+ at least....With the Wii this makes Neo gaming as affordable as it ever will be...Not counting emulators, as playing games on my cpu doesn't count...Not the same for console gamers, at least not for me....

Can anyone confirm when the Neo is going to hit the VC with a link???

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']But paying $250 for a Wii isn't?[/QUOTE]

Lets see a new system thats still supported with new games by its company vs. a old one that I would just be buying for 1 game. Or I could just wait for it on the VC

[quote name='jza1218']Lets a new system thats still supported with new games by its company vs. a old one that I would just be buying for 1 game. Or I could just wait for it on the VC[/quote]
If the only Neo-Geo game you are interested in is Baseball Stars, then, yes, I would wait. :D

[quote name='Scrubking']If "untampered" means ripping out features in VC games and not allowing us to map the buttons to our liking then for God's sake tamper away. TAMPER AWAY!!!

Oh yeah, and if these SNK games aren't arcade perfect with the option to map the controls how we want they can fuck off.[/quote]
Well, "untampered" as in not adding stuff. Online play, and so forth.

I'm just using GameTap for my Neo Geo fix. They have nearly every neogeo game released, and they are arcade perfect ports.

bread's done
Back