HH Gregg

gossamer

CAGiversary!
I recently read that an electronics store called HH Gregg is trying to move into the Milwaukee market. I haven't seen it mentioned in any threads I've read(I'm a longtime reader and only recently decided to sign up for this site). Just wondering if anyone on here has one in their area and can fill me in on the kind of selection and pricing they have for games and movies. Their website kind of sucks and I'm hoping in store might be better. Thanks.

yeah I just wanted to second this. They are a dinosaur when it comes to their business model. They still have commission sales people that you haggle with, as if it were a used car lot. In fact on all of their price tags (now this was true 3 years ago may not be anymore) they have the lowest possible price they can take coded into it. Its a random string of digits and the last 3-4 are the lowest price they can sell it for, so they can try and haggle a bigger cut for themselves and the store. This way the salesman (or woman) can just look at the tag while they are talking to you and find out how sleazy to be. Pretty awesome huh?

the only good HH Gregg has done me was their PS3 price misprint last year that I PMed at walmart.

The other day I was in there to see if they had any touchpads left and a guy told me that _all_ of their cordless mice were bluetooth. I hate idiot salespeople.

One opened by me a couple years ago and I haven't been in it since their grand opening event where everything was still way over priced. Their mattresses weren't horribly priced though, but they have a really small selection and probably stick you with delivery/box spring/etc fees.

also their ads suck... they never have the item in stock and try to make you buy a higher item

it is fun going in there though and going

Im looking at buying an XXXX

getting the worker all happy then at the last second go Nah i seen it cheaper by 50 cents at best buy and leaving (since they will NOT pricematch)

:)

[quote name='gossamer']Wow. No one has anything good to say about them. I wonder how they are still in business.[/QUOTE]
Because most normal consumers buy stuff at MSRP a good portion of the time and if they get $.05 off they think it's a deal. That's why.;)

As soon as I heard they were opening HHGregg stores around here a couple of years ago I got kinda excited, thinking that maybe I'd have another place to look for deals.

I've been in the store a total of 3 times since they opened.

I really wish Fry's or Hastings or some other halfway decent chain woulda opened stores around here instead.:whistle2:#

They've opened two locations in South Florida recently and wondered myself about it, but I guess there's not much to see.

[quote name='slidecage']also their ads suck... they never have the item in stock and try to make you buy a higher item

it is fun going in there though and going

Im looking at buying an XXXX

getting the worker all happy then at the last second go Nah i seen it cheaper by 50 cents at best buy and leaving (since they will NOT pricematch)

:)[/QUOTE]

Hah I would just tell them I am gonna order from Amazon where the TV costs $50 less.

The state of NY would not be happy with this behavior, as its illegal to pull bait and switch here, which is when a store advertises an item at a low price, but doesn't have any in stock then they try to get you to buy a higher priced but very similar item. Probably why the chain hasn't opened up here in NY, reminds me of Circuit City with their constant ad mistakes, we know where that got them.

I wish Fry's or some chain with actual decent prices would open up here, but in my city we actually don't have an electronics retailer other than Walmart and the nearest best buy is like 45 min away. Other than our city our area is saturated by Best Buy so that is probably why no other chains will come in. Needless to say I do most of my shopping at Amazon.

We had an Ultimate Electronics store in my area, but honestly, I didn't even know it was there until I saw the store closing signs.....

They are having a grand opening in the Chicago land area on the 15th. Opening up 14 new locations around Chicago. Guess they seem to be doing pretty well if they are opening all 14 on the same day haha.

Bought my new washer and dryer from them this week... (was going to get the same one from Home Depot but the earliest delivery date was THREE weeks away)...so that made it easy, that and the fact it was the same price. Didnt really look through the store though

Didnt like being asked about a delivery time that I preferred only to find out from the delivery company that they didnt allow that... and didnt like having to send out a rebate form for my free delivery.

Also ticked me off, them trying to sell me hook ups for both my washer and dryer (have perfectly functioning ones here... but to my surprise when they delivered, both things already had the hook ups, the delivery was smooth, they got me running within 15 minutes

[quote name='Prepster']They are having a grand opening in the Chicago land area on the 15th. Opening up 14 new locations around Chicago. Guess they seem to be doing pretty well if they are opening all 14 on the same day haha.[/QUOTE]

LOL - well, I have to agree the store's game selection is awful -- BUT the Chicago stores had Dead Space 2 for $19.99 and while I know that's not the best deal we've seen, I was quite happy to find a few in stock very late in the evening :)

Excellent game -- and very, very scary.

bread's done
Back