High Quality Wii Component Cables (Shhhhh.,. On The Low-Low)

meta460085

CAGiversary!
:applause:(How exciting, my first post)
To anyone who likes the best picture possible out of their graphic powerhouse Nintendo (Laugh)(Laugh) Wii (Smirk)(Laugh) this is for you. CircuitCity.com has the Psyclone Component cables on clearance for $20.99. These are Model # PSC111 and they MSRP for $59.99 at BestBuy.com and other fine retailers. I personally ordered two as I have always preffered Psyclone Cables to Monster Cables. By the way reviews about the cables range from good to the next coming of you know who.
Here is the link kids------> http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Psyc...sem/rpsm/oid/164930/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Nothing can make the wii look good, I'm sorry but i just can't stand it. Why Nintendo ??? Anyway, I've got the 1st party cables from amazon at $15 I think a while back. Not bad if you don't own component cables.

[quote name='meta460085']I buy a lot of things from monoprice, including my Wii cables and unfortunately they dont stack up. The contrast is bad and the monoprice cables cause too much color bleeding.,.,. but hey what do I know I only do this for a living.[/QUOTE]

You don't say... mine work perfectly fine.

cause we all know that cables are cables. tons of tests, and multiple online comparisons have been run already... and in most cases, cheap cables = expensive cables in performance.

im sure 90% of us payed 5$ for ours, from monoprice... and had great results. Making it anoying to have Mr. "I know video better then the rest of you, i do this for a living" try and prove us wrong.

just, what i think, is causing the hostility, not my personal view (although i did buy monoprice cables, :) 6$ shipped, heh).

OP, I don't follow. What is it that you do for a living? (not being a smart ass, I really don't know what job that is)

I got mine for $4 (plus shipping) at Monoprice, I don't seem to have any troubles at all with mine.

I got my first party cables from Amazon for $12 a long while back... and felt stupid after seeing the Monoprice $4 (+ shipping) calbes.
$30 is way high for Wii component cables - CAGs aren't easily swayed by snake oil.

Buying cheap HDMI cables from Monoprice is one thing, but buying component cables is another. You either get a signal or not with HDMI cables (because it is digital), no matter what the picture will look the same. That cannot be said though for component cables. The brand and manufacturer of the cables DO matter-- which is why going for the cheap option on Monoprice may not always be the best decision.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Why is everyone picking on this guy?[/QUOTE]

Its either the obnoxious persona or the holier-than-thou attitude. I can't decide. Shall we take a poll?

But, monoprice cables ARE high quality. With them, unlike most places, cheap != bad quality. I'm sure they are just as good as any others

[quote name='dinovelvet']Its either the obnoxious persona or the holier-than-thou attitude. I can't decide. Shall we take a poll?[/quote]

How about everybody just knock it off with the crap? While it may not be the best deal ever, it's still a deal. Leave the guy alone, at least he's trying to post deals, which is more than some of the smack-talkers have done (you know who you are).

Keep it on topic and civilized.

[quote name='lilboo']OP, I don't follow. What is it that you do for a living? (not being a smart ass, I really don't know what job that is)

I got mine for $4 (plus shipping) at Monoprice, I don't seem to have any troubles at all with mine.[/quote]

Buying cables, probably. Although I'm not sure how that pays the bills...

[quote name='Kevbo887']Since I have to make a "deal" to make a comment on this site, I guess I must post one myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Madcatz-Component-Cable/dp/B000LWDCO8

Monoprice is still a better deal.

Guess I can go back to smacktalking now? Tell the person to drop the attitude/know it all and ill keep my comments aside.[/quote]

Posting deals still doesn't give you the right to come out and attack someone personally just because they don't post a "super-awesome deal."

And what attitude? From how I'm reading it, the OP was stating their opinion (which, contrary to belief, is allowed on here) and you were the one to make the first personal attack.

[quote name='Kevbo887'] Guess your living sucks huh?[/quote]

As I said, knock it off.

I never made an "attack" on his deal now did I? I made an "attack" on his attitude stating what he does for a living. Which was an attack on users in a less descrete way. Also, my "attack" was also based on opinion, as is just about everything every human says, types, or writes.

Since your first rebuttle stated that it was more then we contributed, I contributed. You said, knock it off, and I did, have I followed up with any more attacks?

My opinion on this won't change, and im actually not trying to start any trouble at all, but don't try to imply one person is entitled to an opinion, and others are not.

Good day.

I think your getting confused with HDMI. I got my Wii cables from CC on clearence last year for around $15 and there was a big difference from the off brand we had bought. Shielding is pretty important when using comonent cables, but you already know that.

[quote name='reicaden']cause we all know that cables are cables. tons of tests, and multiple online comparisons have been run already... and in most cases, cheap cables = expensive cables in performance.

im sure 90% of us payed 5$ for ours, from monoprice... and had great results. Making it anoying to have Mr. "I know video better then the rest of you, i do this for a living" try and prove us wrong.

just, what i think, is causing the hostility, not my personal view (although i did buy monoprice cables, :) 6$ shipped, heh).[/quote]

Since its all opinion based, and he said opinions are allowed on this site, I have nothing to worry about. Not to mention its not the end of the world if I get banned from an internet website out of spite.

[quote name='Kevbo887']Since its all opinion based, and he said opinions are allowed on this site, I have nothing to worry about. Not to mention its not the end of the world if I get banned from an internet website out of spite.[/quote]You're a jerk.

Anyway, this is a decent deal if you wanted store brand cables. And some people do.

After getting absolutely pristine clarity from Mad Catz 360 component cables at 720p, I'm really down on any purported differences between brands.

Saying there would be a striking difference at 480p is just silly.

Oh, I don't do this for a living, but I couldn't live without it ;).

I think I remember paying like 19.98 or something along those lines for my psyclone essentials? from wal-mart way back when there wasn't a flurry of component cables yet. They've done me fine and if I were to get a set now I'd probably go with monoprice or dealextreme (if I could wait a while.) Unfortunately endless ocean still looks like ass on my mits pj compared to hd content... That's what hd does to you - you get use to it and then when you go back to ed or sd content it's nearly unbearable. And I think surround sound has done something similar - I think I've sorta gotten use to it so it doesn't have the same impact.

I'm going to have to vouch for how crappy the monoprice ones are. During black loading screens I can see some very noticeable flickering and bleeding colors every once in a while.

What the hell is the big deal here, its not like he did a google checkout post. Big whoopy shit he didnt know about the monoprice cables, did you see how Serfo came and offered the link and went on. Some of you guys are just being fucking dicks for the shake of being dicks. Thanks OP for posting a deal.

I been busy so I just got back. I apologize if I came off as arrogant:cry:, that was not my intention. What I meant was that with component cables you really do get what you pay for. You wont notice if your playing on a lets say 32" or smaller TV. But when you stretch a 480p analog signal accross 37" plus, the artifacting starts to show and so does the pixelation. Again I apologize for coming off as arrogant but when I was replying I was in a hurry and on my way out the door. By the way I'm a A/V geek and do Home Theatre Installations for a "Living". Have a good one guys.

[quote name='reicaden']cause we all know that cables are cables. tons of tests, and multiple online comparisons have been run already... and in most cases, cheap cables = expensive cables in performance.

just, what i think, is causing the hostility, not my personal view (although i did buy monoprice cables, :) 6$ shipped, heh).[/QUOTE]
Not at all true unless you are talking about digital cables, which component are not

i had ordered the wii cables from monoprice a while back because they were cheap.. when i got them the whole screen was slightly red.. i checked that the cables were in tight and snug and sure enough they were.. i called monoprice and they sent me a new pair of cables.. similar problem, only with green this time.. they offered to send me yet another set of cables but before they got to my house i went out to best buy and bought a set of cheap (cheapest at best buy anyways..) react brand cables.. worked perfectly.. after i got my third monoprice cable, i tried it out again and got the red problem again.. they eventually gave me my money back

so monoprice = good customer service but lower grade cables.

Damn girl! Spooge is a moderator! I remember when he was a forum guide.
I also remember when he bailed me out with that cheap Xbox headset when I broke my first headset. Halo 2 just was not the same without a headset... thanks Spooge!

saw these in store as well, but i passed. tempted to get the ones off monoprice, but gonna wait til i figure out what cables i want so i can just order all at once.

If I ever see these cheaper, I may pick them up to do some kind of personal test.
Are these like.. digital component cables or something? ? I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I guess if these ARE superior, then $21 isn't bad. I'm just happy with my $4 cables ^_^
..but if I can get 'higher quality' for like.. $10 then I'd try it out

Not trying to add fuel to the fire here but I've had Psyclone cables before and didn't think much of the quality.

I had a VGA cable for my 360 and it looked worse than component. I also had an optical cable that was very poor quality.

I have no experience with the cables here. I would try the monoprice.com cables first, as I've had great experiences with their stuff thus far.

Okay right now i have some third party brand cables. I noticed that the contrast is really too much and white parts on the main wii screen look like some hdr effect going on compared to the crap composite connection.

What really is the best component cables?

[quote name='bullsrfive']Can't you just use HDMI cables for the Wii?[/quote]
No. I don't think Wii has a digital video signal out.

[quote name='meta460085']I been busy so I just got back. I apologize if I came off as arrogant:cry:, that was not my intention. What I meant was that with component cables you really do get what you pay for. You wont notice if your playing on a lets say 32" or smaller TV. But when you stretch a 480p analog signal accross 37" plus, the artifacting starts to show and so does the pixelation. Again I apologize for coming off as arrogant but when I was replying I was in a hurry and on my way out the door. By the way I'm a A/V geek and do Home Theatre Installations for a "Living". Have a good one guys.[/QUOTE]

Except that's not true and being a HT install guy you should know that. Most complaints with the exotic cable brands are that their minor image quality improvements don't match their grossly overblown price markup. Its mostly about clever marketing spin than it is technical achievement.

There's a reason the recommend percentage of your HT budget for cables is so low. Its because it really makes a very small difference and that money would be better spent elsewhere.

That being said, I see no problems with posting a deal about them. Obviously if the price to quality ratio gets in line with cheaper ones, then its a worthy investment. But saying "you get what you pay for," is misleading and frankly ignorant.

[quote name='Rig']I'm glad I got in when Amazon had first-party cables on sale ($18, I think).[/quote]

ditto, and yeah, i do believe they were $18 also.

[quote name='sp00ge']How about everybody just knock it off with the crap? While it may not be the best deal ever, it's still a deal. Leave the guy alone, at least he's trying to post deals, which is more than some of the smack-talkers have done (you know who you are).

Keep it on topic and civilized.[/quote]

don't make spooge turn this car around right now!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']don't make spooge turn this car around right now![/quote]

Turn around? Nah, I'll drive this bus off a damn cliff.

bread's done
Back