Highly upset with Amazon, help appreciated.

sailorchrono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Hi everyone, I'm pretty angry at Amazon at the moment, so I didn't do a search to see if anyone else had this issue, so if there already is a thread like this, please delete.

Anywho, my story is this: I preordered Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice about a month ago via Amazon with a gift certificate. I didn't really note the date of when AA was coming out except I knew it was in Februrary. I put that in the back of my mind until the middle of February rolls around.

I check Amazon, feeling a bit antsy for Apollo Justice to arrive at my doorstep. It's coming out February 13th! w00t, I'm excited!!!......

February 13th comes and goes. I check Amazon again and the game seems to be pushed back. That sucks. I'll check again around Feb 19th I guess...

Well, I checked yesterday (Tuesday) and the game listing of Apollo Justice said it'd be in stock February 20th. That sucks I have to wait an extra day, but ah well. BUT THEN.. I check my actual "track order" button, and it says ESTIMATED delivery date is Jan 25th. Wtf? Once again.. I try to tell myself.. I guess I can wait...

Anyways, I guess I'm a bit too antsy for my own good. I just checked Amazon's listing for the game again and it said in stock on the 21st. Now I'm getting pissed. Who knows if they'll even ship my game on the 25th at all?

I guess what I'm trying to say at this point is that I'd like to get my money back and get the game period (BUT, I don't know if it'll be a hassle to try to get the gift certificate back and whatnot.). Also, I'd like to complain to Amazon about this shady shifting around of dates. I'm not the kind of person that "NEEDS" a game on the first day, but it's the principle of the matter that really bothers me. I remember them having a fiasco like this when Electroplankton first came out. I realize that game was a special case though, so I was hoping to give them another chance with this, and they utterly failed to meet my expectations. So I try to find a contact for them, and WTF, I CAN'T FIND ANYWAY TO CONTACT THEM AT ALL. If anyone can provide me a contact link to them, I would GREATLY appreciate it, for I'd LOVE to give them a piece of my mind. *deep breath*

Thank you for anyone who actually bothers to read my post, I think I got a little steam off my chest, but I'm still pretty upset as it's rare for me to be so excited for a game and this just kinda dampens it a little.

US Customer Service
Phone toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 201-7575 or (866) 216-1072

Phone from outside the US and Canada: (206) 346-2992 or (206)-266-2992
Another direct line: (206) 266-2335

Amazon's rebate center: 1-866-348-2492
Amazon Corporate Accounts:1-866-486-2360

Snail mail to customer service
Amazon.com, Inc.
Customer Service
PO Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Service for Amazon Sellers
877-251-0696
They also have special e-mail accounts for spoofing and abuse:

[email protected]

Canadian Customer Service
Phone 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern time, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific: (877)-586-3230

Corporate Offices, Seattle
(206) 622-2335
The fax number has changed. 206-266-1832 is no longer a fax number.

New! Fax for Amazon's legal Department: 206-266-7010

UK Customer Service
Phone: +44.208.636.9200
More UK numbers, from a reader:
Freephone (only from within the UK): 0800 279 6620
Phone (outside the UK): +44 20 8636 9451
Fax (free from within the UK): 0800 279 6630

Fax (outside the UK): +44 20 8636 9401
An Aussie who contacted me verified the number above but for Aussies you need to dial it this way: 0011 1 206 266-2992.

UK Snail Mail:
Amazon.co.uk Ltd
Patriot Court
1-9 The Grove
Slough
SL1 1QP

Amazon.com Headquarters
Address: 1200 12th Ave., Ste. 1200
Seattle, WA 98144
Phone: (206) 266-1000
Fax: (206) 622-2405

cut and pasted from a page i found on google

[quote name='sailorchrono']Thanks so much -_-; Will definitely rant to them now :)[/quote]

Hell yeah.

Tell us how it goes. :)

Are you getting "delivery date" and "ship date" confused?
Delivery date is the day it arrives at your door.

1) You say Jan 25th for delivery date. Do you mean Feb 25th?
2) If 1 is yes, did you use free shipping?
3) if 2 is yes, then everything sounds just right to me.

Otherwise, how would you get a game that just came out before someone with overnight shipping? I'm just adding the pieces together. I think you forgot that Amazon needs to have it in stock to ship it to you. Since I know the street date for AJ:AA is today, there seems to be no problem.

If you get "highly upset" over something that isn't Amazon's fault, I'd hate to see what happens when you have a real problem with a store.

The release date got pushed back. They can't ship it until they have it. Get over it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you get "highly upset" over something that isn't Amazon's fault, I'd hate to see what happens when you have a real problem with a store.

The release date got pushed back. They can't ship it until they have it. Get over it.[/quote]

Says it all right there. It definitely isn't Amazon.com's fault on this one. Can't expect to get a game before release date, especially if you used Amazon.com's free shipping.

Well, according to Capcom.com, it was released yesterday as you can now buy it on their site. However, some retailers like BestBuy.com don't have the game releasing until the 26. Amazon may just be one of the unlucky few.

I concur with everyone else. Amazon can't ship you something they DIDN'T HAVE IN STOCK. Release dates get pushed back ALL THE TIME. It's not Amazon's fault that you're impatient and even you acknowledge that the game got pushed back.

It'll ship, but like the people who complained about I believe DealExtreme(who ships internationally for free with the lowest shipping rate), you need one thing in this case to not end up looking like an ass: PATIENCE.

I was shocked to see this thread and was curious to see how it was even possible for Amazon to upset someone. Thank goodness it was a false alarm and they remain paragons of e-service :)

Okay, first of all.. I'd like to say I wrote that post in the middle of the night while PMSing (yes, sorry you people all had to know that, but

[quote name='sailorchrono'] And furthermore, I wasn't expecting the game overnight as soon as it came out since I didn't pay overnight shipping, obviously. I just expected the game to be shipped to me as soon as other retailers had it. Especially since Amazon is now claiming it's in stock, yet they're not shipping it to me.[/quote]

You know, I had the same happen to me with Buy.com when I bought Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from them. But, they usually ship out in the order they received the orders. So, if you're number 200 on their list, but they only have 150 copies, then you'll be waiting till they get a restock, etc.

I can just imagine the follow up thread to that, if they run out of copies and they don't ship to you ahead of others who ordered before you. :whistle2:#

Amazon shipped it out late for me too when I had preordered Mario Galaxy and purchased CoD4.[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT] I think they do this on purpose if you use free shipping...

Ah.. then I guess basically I'm just upset at the concept of 'preorders' that aren't really preorders :/

Also, why would they say it's still in stock on their website? Nothing about a backorder.

Wouldnt be surprised if Amazon prioritizes orders based on shipping method.
I have Prime, and whenever i order something it usually ships out same day.

Yep, Amazon ships out based on shipping method, though you may get lucky once in a while and have it shipped out early with free shipping. Standard shipping or better they'll send it out the next day if they have it, with free you'll be waiting 3-5 days longer.

Not sure if you chose the free saver shipping, but in the terms of the shipping, it says they will add on an additional 3-5 business days for "processing time" after the day your item is ready to ship (meaning that once its ready to ship, they hold it for up to another week before actually shipping it out).

Sometimes I think they ship slowly for free shipping to force you to get Amazon Prime. Just join the $16 club. Give in now....muahhahaha

Yeah they have that disclaimer, up until a few weeks ago it seemed like they ignored it and sent free shipping orders out faster. Now stuff I ordered on Sunday is still not even up to the shipping soon status. I'm not complaining since it's awesome to have free shipping as it is but I wouldn't use it if I needed the item right away.

I wish they would have some deal on Prime again, like $130 for Prime and a $100 grocery gift code.

I have the same problem you do, OP. I got a bit irked this morning to see that my order had been "delayed" even though the game was showing up in stock. It doesn't make any sense. I've got Prime too, so it's not an issue of using free shipping.

The same thing happened last week with Lost Odyssey too, so I just cancelled it and took my money elsewhere.

I have never noticed this delay before when I ordered with free shipping before I got Prime. I second this whole thing about getting Prime. Best service around. You get most items overnight for $4 or if you can wait a day more, it's free. Very nice. You should go over to the Prime thread on the other deals forums. You'll be glad.

I'm pretty sure they prioritize Amazon Prime shipments over regular shipping. My friend and I preordered a limited edition album from them a while back. Even though my friend preordered weeks before me, I got mine first. Because it was limited edition, I know some people who preordered never got a copy, and I know I'd be pissed if I was one of those people.

I don't think your situation is that bad, OP. I don't think they're doing anything shady; their shipping and stock information aren't always accurate. And I think a lot of the B&M stores didn't even have them today. And as Cheapy said, "shipping" means when they mail it out, and "delivery" is an approximation (usually a range of dates) of when you'll receive it. (I've often found their delivery times to be a gross overestimation for free shipping, but I guess it's just to play it safe.)

If it isn't close to shipping, you're can certainly cancel and ask for your money back. I know Milkyman already told you how to contact them, but for future reference, there's a link at the bottom of the order page to take you to the contact page (Visit our help department -> Contact Us) where you can call or email them. I've always had excellent customer service from them.

Amazon.com....

HELP is in the upper right corner.

Advice: Click Help

Sign in the right corner where the box is

Tip: Sign In

Look at big CONTACT US box

Pro Tip: Click box

Click email

Hot Tip: Click email then choose your order using helpful boxes.

Fill in message and hit send.

Wait for response.

Get angry at the world that you can't do basic things, such as understanding what Super Saver Shipping is.

bread's done
Back