Hip-Hop ain't dead~!! It's the D-d-d-d-d-discussion Thread!

For me it takes a few times to get used to a brand new album. I never really like an album on its first play.

[quote name='JEKKI']

to add to the misfortune, my dvd-r drive doesnt seem to want to burn music cds anymore. I think I gotta invest in a portable mp3 player soon that isnt my cell phone[/quote]
Haha, my portable player is my PSP, but I had to ditch it cuz the headphone extension was worn and no sound came out anymore >.>

I only burn MP3 cd's cuz my player in my car does mp3 cd's. Can't say how great it is, I have so much freedom with music now :D

You have a car? I can get you one ;O

u got hookups??? I believe I work not even 20 miles from where you are,

lol if I ever find myself with extra cash I would consider,

but I am so used to my discman into the tape-deck style type audio system, and all my extra cash goes into buying me new clothes.

dat way I be lookin fresh as a muthasucka!!

one day I will buy my own car tho (2 years?), and it will be equipped proper! no worries there.

regardless I jus think my new batch of cdrs is incompatible with my burner. I'll need to do some tests tho to be sure

50 Cent is the shit along with Three 6 Mafia OH SNAP!
OH MAN AND DEEZ BOYZ

436805471_l.jpg

DAYM!

but no really, if someone can recommend me some good newer albums i'd be much thankful.

[quote name='JEKKI']u got hookups??? I believe I work not even 20 miles from where you are,

but I am so used to my discman into the tape-deck style type audio system, and all my extra cash goes into buying me new clothes.

one day I will buy my own car tho (2 years?), and it will be equipped proper! no worries there.

regardless I jus think my new batch of cdrs is incompatible with my burner. I'll need to do some tests tho to be sure[/quote]

Haha, damn straight I got some hook ups, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you ;)

What city are you in? I'm in the Burbs.

How old is your burner? I've had mine for about a year and haven't had any problems yet [NEC 3550-A]

Pick up a new one offa newegg for about $30-40 :)

Anyone listen to some Zion-I? NO I.D?

That down south Thugz thing reeks of Myspace lingo and Adobe Photoshop ---> "H4t4z Not Allowed"

[quote name='JEKKI']u got hookups??? I believe I work not even 20 miles from where you are,

regardless I jus think my new batch of cdrs is incompatible with my burner. I'll need to do some tests tho to be sure[/quote]

What brand of CD-Rs are you using?

UCLA? thats' near me lols. oh hoho, thanks for that suggestion Rozz, I previewed it on Itunes and it sounds good. Anyone else? :D

[quote name='Zoglog']but no really, if someone can recommend me some good newer albums i'd be much thankful.[/QUOTE]I really recommend to u this group called Dig Jelly.

they dont eff with that soft shit, altho they have nothing against it. It's jus not their thing.

anyway I got my burner last black friday, it's Pioneer brand. I'ma test burning some dvds on it prolly tomorrow (since I gotta watch Lost today) to see if the burner itself is gone bad.

but the CDR spindle I bought the other week was Sony Brand. I think I've only successfully burnt 3 music cds with it. I tested burning a data disc but it failed too. I'm sure Ive used sony cdrs on this burner before so it must be the case that my batch is bad :(

anyway here's a video to entertain u guys:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-049z1yK4[/media]

kanye's verse at the end is straight lol. It sounds like he threw a bunch of words into a hat, picked them out, and made them rhyme. In other words, it's a real bad verse.

Infishimi>> I actually listened to Zion-I's Mind over Matter over the weekend, I really dug it!! Much more so than Deepwater Slang, donno about True & Livin tho since I havent heard that record since I was in chinese class, lol

[quote name='JEKKI']I really recommend to u this group called Dig Jelly.

they dont eff with that soft shit, altho they have nothing against it. It's jus not their thing.l[/QUOTE]

Huge tits?

Jekki, in my expereince on my computer Sony CD-Rs are some of the best around, but for most they're terrible. Here are the Amazon reviews, 2 star average, pretty damn bad!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-80-minut...0?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1180034879&sr=8-1

I would reccomend Maxell, I've had good experiences with them in the past, though someone told me they changed their coding around. Whatever.... just make sure not to buy fucking Phillips, imation, or some really shitty cheap brand... you'll regret it in the long run. If you have any questions about cd-rs just ask me because I know alot about them.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Anyone hear listen to Boom Bip?

Good shit.[/QUOTE]I googled it, is it this guy?

http://www.myspace.com/boombip

lol, he is from where my ex lives around.

but damn, this shyt sounds hella funky, thanks!!!

life.exe>>> I tried to make the title sound like g-g-g-g-g-g-unit, haha

Rozz>>> my last cdr spindle was from Dynex, I am sure their the worst of the worst, right???

kinda sux coz I may have archived some important stuff on them.. OH WELL!!

I'ma try burning a data dvd soon to see if it's my burner which is not working...

mother freakin best buy didnt have new Styles P record on the shelves, I aint got no new music to listen to on my work commute :(

edit: I should at least contribute another music video,

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhokPR1FiEo[/media]

[quote name='JEKKI']

kanye's verse at the end is straight lol. It sounds like he threw a bunch of words into a hat, picked them out, and made them rhyme. In other words, it's a real bad verse.
[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty good, but I am kind of a Kanye fanboy.

[quote name='JEKKI']I googled it, is it this guy?

http://www.myspace.com/boombip

lol, he is from where my ex lives around.

but damn, this shyt sounds hella funky, thanks!!!
[/QUOTE]

No prob. I just heard his stuff last week and thought I'd share the revelation.

I'm listening to this new Atmosphere I found on OiNK called New, Unreleased & B-Sides Vol. 4 and it makes me want a new Felt album.

so the chronicles of my cdr dilemma are as follows:

I took 3 discs and tried seeing if they'd burn on my parents computer, sure enough they did!!

burned them at 52x, but Nero lowered the speed down to 24x. hmmmm...

so I went back to my computer and tested even more (before I was burning at 40x or 48x only to have the burn abruptly fail in the middle)

I set the speed to 20x, and it began burning, but nero dropped the speed to 16x, and finished the burn successfully!!

I tried again to make sure it wasnt a fluke, but set the speed to 24x.

my computer locked up hardcore, restarted, tried again the exact same way, exact same lockup.

tried once again at 20x, the exact same thing that happened the 1st time happened again, successful burn!!!

so now I got 5 new discs to listen to, lol.

6189APG32AL._AA240_.jpg
51Gce5AHZHL._AA240_.jpg
519WZWH8TXL._AA240_.jpg
514TCST2RNL._AA240_.jpg
411BN59HCFL._AA240_.jpg

lookin forward to it ^_^b

and in honor of Large Professor, I gotta post this classic shyt!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kokGh5XWQ8U[/media]

bytch! go back a page, lol.

I gave a headz up about Ghost Sessions (which I am trying to find b&m)

Styles + Jadakiss = too good!

Sheek = not so good....

Yeah I didn't read so thoroughly, not to mention the huge L.O.X. album directly above. Keith Murray is definitely the livest of the albums you have there though.

Edit: On the completely opposite end of the spectrum however, I still enjoy the Digable Planets' "Blowout Comb." Very creative at the time.

[quote name='-Phantom-']YOn the completely opposite end of the spectrum however, I still enjoy the Digable Planets' "Blowout Comb." Very creative at the time.[/QUOTE]I havent heard any of their albums,

but one of my much older homies, Mr Cleen (who made a record that got 8/10 rating on rapreviews, lol even tho rapreviews can't write worth shyt), went crazy about them during their reunion tour a few years ago and kept posting myspace bulletins about it.

then I was like "man eff myspace" and deleted my account coz that site sux worse than rapreviews.

anyways I'ma definitely bump Digable to the top of my que right after I finish the five above.

I have faint memories of some of their songs back in the days when radio useta play hip-hop (9 o'cock Bomb with Julio G, playin 93 til Infinity and shit) so I'm definitely due for a refresher.

I've had it on my mind for quite a while too, thanks for getting me on top of it!!

[quote name='JEKKI']I havent heard any of their albums,

but one of my much older homies, Mr Cleen (who made a record that got 8/10 rating on rapreviews, lol even tho rapreviews can't write worth shyt), went crazy about them during their reunion tour a few years ago and kept posting myspace bulletins about it.

then I was like "man eff myspace" and deleted my account coz that site sux worse than rapreviews.

anyways I'ma definitely bump Digable to the top of my que right after I finish the five above.

I have faint memories of some of their songs back in the days when radio useta play hip-hop (9 o'cock Bomb with Julio G, playin 93 til Infinity and shit) so I'm definitely due for a refresher.

I've had it on my mind for quite a while too, thanks for getting me on top of it!![/QUOTE]

The lyrical presentation is very simplistic but it still manages to be highly entertaining.

geez I wonder how much it would cost to see that live show?!?!

it definitely seems like an experience.

Pancake>> have u heard the Souls of Mischief - Soundscience remix??

it's on the new Hieroglyphics Over Time b-side/remix album.

the original Soundscience is dope, but the remix has a Del verse on it which he spits nice!!

also the track "Scarlett Letter" from the new Molemen album, Del's verse on that track is insane~!!

damn good shit on that Gravediggaz Steel!!!

their records have seriously been on my mind for YEARS, but in my mp3 collection for only about one. I'll make sure to get my cdr thang on their records when I do the Digable Planets as well.

and that Onyx video, I useta bump the shit outta that record, Shut 'Em Down!! It came out rite after DMX's debut during Def jam's "Survival of the Illest" promotion (along with Def Squad album).

too bad their next album, Bacdafucup 2, as well as Triggernometry, are some of the worst records u will ever hear in your life. Their solo albums (except for Black Trash) are all pretty awful as well.

Still, 3 classic albums in a row is quite impressive!

410JGDY7K6L._AA240_.jpg
41K1VCA5D1L._AA240_.jpg
41CKFQ2H3SL._AA240_.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02hs9Fanno[/media]

this song useta be my jam too off of Shut 'Em Down. freakin 50 cent back in the How To Rob days!!

and speaking of 50, if u havent heard this then:

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7138

lol, all those times I bootlegged his shit didnt help me from not allowing him in my pockets,

and it's not gonna stop!! :lol:

Damn Onyx, those are some favorites from back in the day, mainly being bumped on the low or when parents weren't around. :lol:

JEKKI, you didn't like Fredro's first joint? I thought it wasn't that bad, it's bumpable. His second one though....omg...I can't believe I spent money on that cd. After two listens, I realized the album was possibly one of the worst ever made. It really disappointed me, so I TRIED to like the album, but it was impossible. The cd is now laying somewhere in a landfill.

And can anyone here give me a few recommendations on some good albums that dropped lately. I've been so behind in music lately. That El P joint is something I still need to check. All I've been listening to these past days is Arctic Monkeys.

Has anyone listened to From Oakland to Shaolin yet? It's supposed to be a Hiero and Wu-Tang thing.

u serious?!?! wtf mang that sounds dope!!

but then again... the Del track off think differently was terrible!!

[quote name='Supreme']JEKKI, you didn't like Fredro's first joint? I thought it wasn't that bad, it's bumpable. His second one though....omg...I can't believe I spent money on that cd. After two listens, I realized the album was possibly one of the worst ever made. It really disappointed me, so I TRIED to like the album, but it was impossible. The cd is now laying somewhere in a landfill.[/QUOTE]I havent heard any of their solos except for Firestarr, is that the bad one?? lol coz it was pretty damn awful.

I havent heard Black Trash tho, only heard it was a great record.

and fuckin DJSteel with the songs I prolly havent heard all millenium!! I cant even remember them.

lol I dont even kno who the dood in the first video is, but shyt brings u back when the music was everywhere and awesome!! Today I finally gave that keith Murray disc a spin, it's just too damn good! Gotta listen to Enigma soon coz it has one of my favorite songs of all time on it, The Rhyme.

senorwoohoo>> get sonogram ASAP!! it'll seriously be one of the best things u can do this year

[quote name='JEKKI']u serious?!?! wtf mang that sounds dope!!

but then again... the Del track off think differently was terrible!!

I havent heard any of their solos except for Firestarr, is that the bad one?? lol coz it was pretty damn awful.

I havent heard Black Trash tho, only heard it was a great record.

and fuckin DJSteel with the songs I prolly havent heard all millenium!! I cant even remember them.

lol I dont even kno who the dood in the first video is, but shyt brings u back when the music was everywhere and awesome!! Today I finally gave that keith Murray disc a spin, it's just too damn good! Gotta listen to Enigma soon coz it has one of my favorite songs of all time on it, The Rhyme.

senorwoohoo>> get sonogram ASAP!! it'll seriously be one of the best things u can do this year[/quote]

it's Nine .. he released two albums the first was Nine Livez, the second was Cloud 9. This song was from his first album. Cloud 9 had a song called the Lyin King.. which was a diss on Ice T.

Which of The Roots cds does everyone recommend giving a listen?

I just got Game Theory and was wondering which of the other ones everyone likes?

[quote name='AK85']Which of The Roots cds does everyone recommend giving a listen?

I just got Game Theory and was wondering which of the other ones everyone likes?[/quote]

Personally, I think Do You Want More is their best album. Illadelph Halflife would be a close second

bread's done
Back