Hitman Absolution $10 + $1 reservation card @ Target YMMV

Liquid Metal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
was just at target and i overheard an employee saying that he bought Hitman Absolution for $10. That he had to preorder call of duty ghost and it took $10 off the price. All he paid is $11 and tax.

they didn't have any hitmans left but I did see a skylanders giants portal owners wii pack. It was on clearance for $30 so I took that and the call of duty ghost reserve card and instead of taking $10 off, it gave me a $5 gc.
i had a happy meal skylander $10 off manufacturer coupon and that also stacked. so i paid $20 and got a $5 gc for the portal owner wii pack.

i assume you could use this to get Injustice for $30 with a kmart price match. i tried to do that but i needed the physical ad since target does not match kmart online prices.

hope this is helpful to someone.

Great news. I am amazed no one has tried to price match injustice at target. i know lots of people locked in the trade to amazon for $43 last week. I dont see how it doesnt work with a price match.

Just got my hitman copy too. :D

Just grabbed a ps3 copy for 9.94 after discount and red card. Thanks op. Already beat the game, but wouldn't mind running through it again for this price.

picked up a :ps3: copy for $10.99 + tax. :D Thanks!

but it was the last one and had that annoying dent where the security attachment goes for those clear displays... :(

Nice! I have no desire for ghosts, but 10 for hitman is a great price! Works at the gladstone, mo Target.

I work in the electronics department at Target and stumbled across this glitch a while back during a promotion last year. Totally forgot about it this week though. During these promotions, the register only cares about the regular price for games and as long as the regular price in the system is at or above the promotion price, it will still give you the deal - even when it's on temporary price cut, clearance or when price matching another store. There's still a few hours left on the West Coast and I'd be interested if anyone can confirm that this still works with clearance games or other games beside Hitman.

Man, I really wish I tested this out earlier today when I was at work v_v

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']picked up a :ps3: copy for $10.99 + tax. :D Thanks!

but it was the last one and had that annoying dent where the security attachment goes for those clear displays... :([/QUOTE]

When I'm at work, I make sure to position the PS3 games above those little metal prongs before locking the case. Drives me nuts too.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']I work in the electronics department at Target and stumbled across this glitch a while back during a promotion last year. Totally forgot about it this week though. During these promotions, the register only cares about the regular price for games and as long as the regular price in the system is at or above the promotion price, it will still give you the deal - even when it's on temporary price cut, clearance or when price matching another store. There's still a few hours left on the West Coast and I'd be interested if anyone can confirm that this still works with clearance games or other games beside Hitman.

Man, I really wish I tested this out earlier today when I was at work v_v[/QUOTE]

Saw a tekken tag tournament 2 on clearance for $14.98. Gonna see if this works since on the website it is normally 49.99

Going for a :360: copy tomorrow before work. Gonna also put in a pre-order for Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD. I love how sony is doing this $39.99 new game thing! (On the topic of good deals)

[quote name='thereefernander']Going for a :360: copy tomorrow before work. Gonna also put in a pre-order for Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD. I love how sony is doing this $39.99 new game thing! (On the topic of good deals)[/QUOTE]

Not going to work tomorrow unfortunately. The deal ends today for the '$10 off with preorder of CoD: Ghosts'.

Works at the target by arrowhead mall in Glendale, Az. Picked up the last 360 hitman and there was a few ps3 copy's when I left. Cost a little more then 12$ due to the high taxes in Glendale and Peoria.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']When I'm at work, I make sure to position the PS3 games above those little metal prongs before locking the case. Drives me nuts too.[/QUOTE]

You might be the only Target employee that doesn't that and I applaud you for this MetalGearDraco. I've never seen this done at at Target.

i ended up with the game for $20 with a $5 gift card. I think I know what the cashier did wrong but it doesn't make sense and it was pretty much impossible to explain it.
I figure it was $15 which was the price i was waiting for anyway
o well.
I got rocked.

Went back and tried to get Batman Arkham City GOTY (PS3), but it did not work. Cashier scanned the game first, then the card. However, the Hitman transaction was the same way and it was fine. Oh well, looks like it only worked for Hitman Absolution.

[quote name='Agadama']Went back and tried to get Batman Arkham City GOTY (PS3), but it did not work. Cashier scanned the game first, then the card. However, the Hitman transaction was the same way and it was fine. Oh well, looks like it only worked for Hitman Absolution.[/QUOTE]

Well how much was Batman? It only works if the regular price is $49.99 or higher. I believe the regular price is now $29.99 for AC GOTY. The price label below each game (behind the sale sign if it has one) is the regular price.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Well how much was Batman? It only works if the regular price is $49.99 or higher. I believe the regular price is now $29.99 for AC GOTY. The price label below each game (behind the sale sign if it has one) is the regular price.[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99. I thought it would work since the target website said it was $49.99 originally.

[quote name='Croozer']Saw a tekken tag tournament 2 on clearance for $14.98. Gonna see if this works since on the website it is normally 49.99[/QUOTE]

Don't go by the website - it's not always in sync with store prices. Right now the site says Lego Batman 2 is marked down from $49.99 to $19.99. But the regular price is $19.99. The price label below the game (or behind the sale/TPC sign) in the store is the regular price in the store system.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Don't go by the website - it's not always in sync with store prices. Right now the site says Lego Batman 2 is marked down from $49.99 to $19.99. But the regular price is $19.99. The price label below the game (or behind the sale/TPC sign) in the store is the regular price in the store system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah tekken tag didn't work when I tried it

[quote name='tham1988']fyi:
the target website inventory check thing sucks

just went to a target that was supposed to have it but it was out[/QUOTE]

Did you expect it to update hourly or something? !

[quote name='Yanksfan']Not going to work tomorrow unfortunately. The deal ends today for the '$10 off with preorder of CoD: Ghosts'.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, fudge. Didn't even think of that. Thanks for saving me from embarrassment.

I really get bored of explaining this. GAMESTOP DOES PRICE MATCH PRINTED ADS!

There is no "clause" in the company policy that says we cannot, now granted there is nothing there that says we can, but the thing is, customer service. Every store in my district will match.

We simply do that then email the higher ups that we did it any why and it's done

[quote name='Confidance']I really get bored of explaining this. GAMESTOP DOES PRICE MATCH PRINTED ADS!

There is no "clause" in the company policy that says we cannot, now granted there is nothing there that says we can, but the thing is, customer service. Every store in my district will match.

We simply do that then email the higher ups that we did it any why and it's done[/QUOTE]

And I'm sick and tired of telling people like you, IT'S ALWAYS YMMV! The GameStop branches that I (and many other CAGs apparently) have been to, have flat out said that they DON'T PRICE MATCH! So in other words, it's at their discretion, and many (if not most) branches choose not to price match.

[quote name='Confidance']I really get bored of explaining this. GAMESTOP DOES PRICE MATCH PRINTED ADS!

We simply do that then email the higher ups that we did it any why and it's done[/QUOTE]

Can you name your general area? Not only have I asked if they could PM when returning items to GS (that I found cheaper elsewhere), but "will you pricematch the best price I can find in the mall?" is usually my "anti-reservation retort."

You must have a DM that has an eye on the future, hopefully it is contageous.

That may be true (and awesome of those stores), but obviously it is the exception right now rather than the rule. Corporate policies aside, the fact remains that the majority of GS stores do not PM.

i use to work for gamestop ( roughly stopped around 5 months ago) and the general area where i worked (compton, paramount, huntington park, bell, cudahy, walnut park) did not price match ads. so that must be very YMMV, or the store that did match is in desperate need of sales.

they should price match ads or online sales. that would help them out of the slump that theyre in. i hear their business is slowing down a lot. it was bad when i was there too.

[quote name='Humphert']Is this deal still live?[/QUOTE]

This. Anyone know? Im assuming the 10 off a game w/ COD ghosts preorder ended last night as I think it was suppose to be a weekly deal.

[quote name='gamechampion']This is much cheaper on amazon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, 19.99 is much cheaper than $11.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing gamechampion is referring to the PC digital download version being $4.99. I'd personally rather have the physical console version, but I know some people feel differently. Either way, it isn't the same item.

This deal is done, but the "get $10 off any Disney game with the $1 Disney Infinity preorder" this week is bound to have some exploitable glitches. ;)

bread's done
Back