Hitman: The Movie > No Country for Old Men

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just got finish watching both and boy HUGE let down was No Country for Old Men (Sweet weapon the dude had though, the CO2 tank thing on his gun). Hitman I was not exspecting much, but it was pretty good, that is all.

No Country (Over Hyped, not very good at all)

Agreed.

NCFOM was a huge disappointment for me as well, and while Hitman isn't the best movie, all the action kept me very entertained. It was a nice surprise when I saw it (back when it was in theaters).

[quote name='whoknows']Agreed.

NCFOM was a huge disappointment for me as well, and while Hitman isn't the best movie, all the action kept me very entertained. It was a nice surprise when I saw it (back when it was in theaters).[/quote]

Good to know I wasn't the only one. I guess I went in with Huge hopes for No Country, and was let down and dragged across the pavement. Hitman on other hand I figure it was going to suck and be dull, but it keep me very entertained, nice surprise, once again it was a pretty good action flick

:rofl:

serious thread?

hitman was among the worst movies i have ever seen.

I have seen a lot of movies.

Including Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes.

OP's opinions no longer have a shred of credibility. Not for enjoying Hitman (although that's certainly questionable) but for not being able to understand that NCFOM is a very, very good film.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought NCFOM was boring. I predicted a lot of stuff, which makes it boring. It is pretty much the ocsar version of the Terminator.

If the guy with the gun thing had a motorcycle with a side car and then like a side kick that said funny shit, like, I dunno, Chris Tucker, then No Country would be way better. They needed funny stuff to say to keep people entertained. And explosions. It needed way more fires and people getting shot up.

The only way they could have made NCFOM a good movie is if Anton was a robot who shot lazers out of his eyes and drove a '69 Charger with wicked, bad ass flames on the side.

Trakan also needed to be his sidekick.

I loved no country for old men...I can understand why some point wouldn' t like it, and even other just don't get it though....haven't seen hitman yet

[quote name='Poor2More']I just got finish watching both and boy HUGE let down was No Country for Old Men (Sweet weapon the dude had though, the CO2 tank thing on his gun). Hitman I was not exspecting much, but it was pretty good, that is all.

No Country (Over Hyped, not very good at all)[/QUOTE]

I thought this sounded familiar... and then I remembered/found this..... it's all starting to make sense.

[quote name='Poor2More']
I just got finish watching Taxi Driver staring Robert Deniro after hearing how great of a movie it is. Boy that is one over rated movie. Deniro did a pretty good acting job as the psycho late night Taxi Driver. The story was just horrible, my boy Martin Scorssci did not live up to his golden standards. Deniro should just pretend like this movie never happen, erase it from IMDB.[/QUOTE]

It's okay if you're opinions don't line up with critics (since Taxi Driver is #47 on AFI's top 100 list), but maybe it's not the best idea to try to rip these movies to shreds while praising generic action movies in the same post. For instance, I enjoyed Independence Day more than Gone With the Wind... but there's no way I'm going to make a thread titled ID4 > Gone With the Wind.

There's a movie thread and this idiot refuses to use it. Will someone give him a fucking time out already?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174071
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173522
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171795
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170714
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169866

And No Country was pretty shitty without an evil alien subplot featuring big explosions and intense shootouts. Plus, it could have used a soundtrack from the Three 6 Mafia. Shit would be ballin' then.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
And No Country was pretty shitty without an evil alien subplot featuring big explosions and intense shootouts. Plus, it could have used a sountrack from the Three 6 Mafia. Shit would be ballin' then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its much better when they just skip the shootout and instead just go to a scene
With a ton of people dead, including one of the main characters. It's easy to assume what happened, but what good reason is for them not to show it? It's a pretty critical part of the story and they just decided to skip it. Not to mention the awful ending that doesnt tie up any of the loose ends. Yes I know the stuff Tommy Lee Jones was spouting was supposed to have some meaning, but I couldn't care less at that point

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, its much better when they just skip the shootout and instead just go to a scene
With everyone dead, including one of the main characters. It's easy to assume what happened, but what good reason is for them not to show it? It's a pretty critical part of the story and they just decided to skip it. Not to mention the awful ending that doesnt tie up any of the loose ends. Yes I know the stuff Tommy Lee Jones was spouting was supposed to have some meaning, but I couldn't care less at that point
[/QUOTE]
Typical one-dimensional moviegoer.

[quote name='zewone']The only way they could have made NCFOM a good movie is if Anton was a robot who shot lazers out of his eyes and drove a '69 Charger with wicked, bad ass flames on the side.

Trakan also needed to be his sidekick.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget more outdoor scenes with Anton killing tons of people.

[quote name='Brak']Typical one-dimensional moviegoer.[/quote]

Seriously. Ever hear of depth?

In other news, grabbed the No Country Blu Ray today. Can't wait to watch this shit.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, its much better when they just skip the shootout and instead just go to a scene
With a ton of people dead, including one of the main characters. It's easy to assume what happened, but what good reason is for them not to show it? It's a pretty critical part of the story and they just decided to skip it. Not to mention the awful ending that doesnt tie up any of the loose ends. Yes I know the stuff Tommy Lee Jones was spouting was supposed to have some meaning, but I couldn't care less at that point
[/quote]

Dear god.

With that gun that Jesse "The Body" Ventura used in Predator. Man, I should start penning a sequal right now, guns and 69 Chargers, this is all gold. Gold I tell ya.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Don't forget more outdoor scenes with Anton killing tons of people.[/QUOTE]

He should have carried around a light machine gun, that cattle gun was weak shit.

It should star Llewelyn's (I know I spelled that wrong) wife on a bloody quest for revenge, with Tommy Lee Jones' character coming out of retirement for one last chance to kick some ass.

This is some quality shit here. I'm getting a boner already.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It should star Llewelyn's (I know I spelled that wrong) wife on a bloody quest for revenge, with Tommy Lee Jones' character coming out of retirement for one last chance to kick some ass.

This is some quality shit here. I'm getting a boner already.[/QUOTE]
He's a bitter former man of the law, but he still loves the USA. So he accepts a mission to rescue the president from the clutches of a generic Islamic terrorist group.

I can see the marquee now:

No Country for Old Men II: Social Security

[quote name='Ugamer_X']He's a bitter former man of the law, but he still loves the USA. So he accepts a mission to rescue the president from the clutches of a generic Islamic terrorist group.

I can see the marquee now:

No Country for Old Men II: Social Security[/QUOTE]

Brilliant.

And instead of skipping shoot outs like those idiot directors did in NCFOM 1, we should skip all conversation instead. It'll be easy for the movie goers to fill in what happened, right?

I wonder if we can give Brak a heart attack.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Brilliant.

And instead of skipping shoot outs like those idiot directors did in NCFOM 1, we should skip all conversation instead. It'll be easy for the movie goers to fill in what happened, right?

I wonder if we can give Brak a heart attack.
[/QUOTE]

fuck the Coens, get me Michael Bay.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']fuck the Coens, get me Michael Bay.[/QUOTE]

His expertise with CG will be extremely valuable for the mech fights.

[quote name='Liquid 2']His expertise with CG will be extremely valuable for the mech fights.[/QUOTE]

The lack of dialogue and plot really suits him.

Next we'll need a younger actor to serve as the sidekick/student role. His character will have tons of talent but be too cocky and it often gets him into trouble. By the end of the film he'll have learned a valuable lesson and will be able to control his ego.

I'm thinking Dane Cook.

Hitman was a wart on the ass of cinema. A gawd-awful piece of shit. The sword fighting sequence on the train was catpiss. I love the games, and they deserve better.

No County had some very intense sequences, and was a great film.

Bardem's Anton Chigurh>Olyphant's Agent 47

[quote name='Ugamer_X']The lack of dialogue and plot really suits him.

Next we'll need a younger actor to serve as the sidekick/student role. His character will tons of talent but be too cocky and it often gets him into trouble. By the end of the film he'll have learned a valuable lesson and will be able to control his ego.

I'm thinking Dane Cook.[/QUOTE]

I think Uwe Boll would a good assistant director.

Dane Cook is a great suggestion for a sidekick, but why stop with just one? Shia Le Bouf would complement Cook nicely, I think.
We'll also need a wise, older teacher of some sort. Tom Cruise?

And we can't forget a nice pair of tits to flash on the screen, for good measure. You can't go wrong with Jessica Alba.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
Dane Cook is a great suggestion for a sidekick, but why stop with just one? Shia Le Bouf would complement Cook nicely, I think.
We'll also need a wise, older teacher of some sort. Tom Cruise?
[/QUOTE]

Don't forget narration by Morgan Freeman.

The first 3/4 of NCFOM was excellent.
It's the end that pissed me off. The first 3/4 is setting up this epic battle between the two "cool" characters and Tommy Lee Jones is basically a minor character. At the end, it's basically all over, but there's a final 1/4 of the movie trying to make us give a shit about Tommy Lee Jones' character. Best part in the movie is the dude trying to set up an ambush in the motel room and gets whacked by that doorlock cylinder.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The first 3/4 of NCFOM was excellent.
It's the end that pissed me off. The first 3/4 is setting up this epic battle between the two "cool" characters and Tommy Lee Jones is basically a minor character. At the end, it's basically all over, but there's a final 1/4 of the movie trying to make us give a shit about Tommy Lee Jones' character. Best part in the movie is the dude trying to set up an ambush in the motel room and gets whacked by that doorlock cylinder.
[/QUOTE]

From my point of view rather you like it or not, Tommy Lee Jones is the main character of the movie. This little battle between Louellen (sp?) and Chigurh (sp?) is just another story in the ever changing landscape of the country and how the times are changing and the law just can't keep up. And towards the end with Chigurh getting in the car crash and getting away unknown just goes to show that this will just keep continuing and can't be stopped.

[/QUOTE]

#-o

Please stop.

bread's done
Back