HL2 Headcrab Hat on sale for $30 at Valve Store

what was the old price of the hat? $30 for a hat is still kinda pricey but I still would consider it since I love HL

[quote name='crazyj']what was the old price of the hat? $30 for a hat is still kinda pricey but I still would consider it since I love HL[/quote]

There was no old price, that's just the price. I think the post says "on sale" because it is being sold, not because it is a "sale"

I ordered 2 of each plush and hat the other day. The original headcrab plush went out of stock around April/May this year and since then they would occasionally pop up on ebay and sell for like $100-$200 bucks. If its as limited as the last batch, these could make great collectibles.

Plus HL2 was the best game every made IMO :D

[quote name='PyroGamer']$30.

Cheap Ass Gamer.

Video Game Deals.

No.[/quote]

Would you prefer a pyramid scheme where all you have to do is get 50 friends to sign up for some crappy online thing to get a free hat mailed to you? You probably would...

but given someone just said this could be a collectible it might be worth a gamble... 10 years from now some old guy will want the crab hat to reminisce while playing HL2 on his vintage PC...

[quote name='PyroGamer']No.[/quote]

What's with the hate Pyro, head crabs are soooooo cute! And having one on your head is even cuter! I wish head crabs really existed cuz I would adopt one and cuddle it and smooch it every bedtime.

Everyone who wants a headcrab hat already has one.

Besides, exactly where would one wear this thing?

[quote name='zymase']Everyone who wants a headcrab hat already has one.

Besides, exactly where would one wear this thing?[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, I don't have one yet. Not until this one ships at least. :D

Instant halloween costume for next year. The hat's plushie-like enough to just chill out on my bed and look awesome in the meantime.

[quote name='zodemere2k']i think i'll suprise my boyfriend by putting it between my legs when he walks into the bedroom in a few days, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Won't the regular crabs get jealous?

Dave

Awesome! I was really hoping they would make something like this, after they did the headcrab plush. I just wish it wasn't so freaking expensive... :roll:

If you are thinking of buying one of these, take the $30 and spend it on some cheap hooker, since that's the only ass you will ever get in your life.

Yeah, yeah, people that play videogames and such are always fat, unattractive, socially inept morons who never get any random sex... whatever. I'll take the hat over the STD-ridden prostitute, thank you.

[quote name='edtinney']If you are thinking of buying one of these, take the $30 and spend it on some cheap hooker, since that's the only ass you will ever get in your life.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're a female, in which you'll have the oppurtunity--too bad the selection is usually pretty damn bad.

NEERRDS!

:D

[quote name='takotchi']I'll take the hat over the STD-ridden prostitute, thank you.[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel for everytime I said that...psssssh.

Well, I'd have a few more nickels if you reversed the two items in that sentence.

Dave

I wonder if they actually have these in stock. I ordered one four days ago and it still hasn't even shipped... :roll:

says sold out...did they really sell out within the 22 min since you posted?

EDIT: nevermind original link in OP needs to be updated.

EDIT #2: I can't find any recent history of them selling on ebay. Anyone know if they are still commading the kind of $$ originally posted about in this topic last year

DSC00100.jpg

Also, I'm tempted by the cube.

[quote name='opportunity777']It would look like a crab fucking my head if I put this thing on. I wonder if anyone has ever worn these in public?[/quote]

I've gotten some odd looks...

I don't know about buying a hat shaped like a crab for $30, but I know I'm sitting on one of the hardcover HL 2 artbooks(Raising the Bar) and well......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Half-Life-2-Raising-the-Bar-Book-SEALED_W0QQitemZ270196652467QQihZ017QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tis the season to be a reseller and hope my auction hits this price too. I can't believe how many of these in various conditions I let go for $7 shipped or just gave to friends for the hell of it over the past couple years.

So they look shitty... and they're overpriced. Perfect.

The companion cube is amazing - and again overpriced.

Wow, old thread, and here I am posting in it again and ordering something a year later.

In for a Companion Cube and some presents for the fiance.

(The headcrab hat is awesomely fun by the way).

[quote name='Hair6a11']So they look shitty... and they're overpriced. Perfect.

The companion cube is amazing - and again overpriced.[/QUOTE]

The headcrab plush tended to sell for much more on ebay once they went out of stock. I think this is the third or so time they've actually had them in the last couple of years.

bread's done
Back