Hmm, kinda wierd auctioning on Xbox & Xbox360 games...

BlackDogJake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I almost bid on this Xbox 360 Burnout Revenge auction last night before it ended. At the time it was going for around $15.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burnout-Revenge...2QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My reason for not bidding is the person has been a member since 2004 and they only have 23 feedbacks (was 21 yesterday).

That's not the weird part; 16 of those 23 have been within the last 3 weeks, AND... 18 auctions (including the Burnout one) ended last night.
Prior to that 17 auctions ended on Aug 11th. All for Xbox & Xbox360 games...
See here: http://search-completed.ebay.com/_W...QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsassZkris7508QQsatitleZ

Also, I tried emailing the person to inquire about shipping cost, and I never heard back from them either.

Not saying this isn't legit... just, well... interesting.
Things that make you say, "Hmmm... "

yeah what is the weird part? i have a buying account that i almost never use(i just dont buy much on ebay, maybe 12 auctions over the past 5 years). I do have a sellers account that i use quite a bit tho

Well, mostly the fact that the person has all of these games for sale all of the sudden (since the first part of August).

It's not so much that the person has had the account for the past few years, but just this flurry of activity within the past few weeks.

I mean, so how does someone come upon lots of Xbox 360 games that you can sell at some of the prices that they are selling at? Granted these are in "Like new" condition, so maybe the person owns a video game business where they get trades or something.

Still though, why all of these auctions that end on the same dates/times within a span of a couple weeks, and multiple same game titles even... I don't know, I just find it a little odd.

[quote name='BlackDogJake']Well, mostly the fact that the person has all of these games for sale all of the sudden (since the first part of August).

It's not so much that the person has had the account for the past few years, but just this flurry of activity within the past few weeks.

I mean, so how does someone come upon lots of Xbox 360 games that you can sell at some of the prices that they are selling at? Granted these are in "Like new" condition, so maybe the person owns a video game business where they get trades or something.

Still though, why all of these auctions that end on the same dates/times within a span of a couple weeks, and multiple same game titles even... I don't know, I just find it a little odd.[/quote]

Maybe they got 360 and were all "zomg this is teh suxx0rz! I'ma sell it!" and is selling everything for it?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']...and were all "zomg this is teh suxx0rz! I'ma sell it!" ...[/QUOTE]

Grim - :) that's hillarious!

Well, I could see that, but again, it's multiple same title games also... And, if that were the case, you'd expect to see the system up also.

[quote name='BlackDogJake']Grim - :) that's hillarious!

Well, I could see that, but again, it's multiple same title games also... And, if that were the case, you'd expect to see the system up also.[/quote]

Meh, just stay away from him. You should be proud you are smart enough to notice these things. I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's better to wait a bit longer and spend a few dollars more than to get totally ripped on $xx.xx

bread's done
Back