CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Edit: These are Expired

Ripped from RFD:

Save 15$ on any order of 50$ or more at HMV.ca with code BZ6485

10% off $35+ with code HU2427

Free Shipping for $39 order or over

Depends on how large order you make which code to use, if the order is over $150 then 10% off is better, if not them $15 off it better.

Some games are overpriced yes, but some are decent prices. For example:

Earth Defense Force 2017 - $19.99 - http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=644028

XBOX Live Unplugged - $9.99 - http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=642527

Rumble Roses XX - $9.99 - http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=633088

Cooking Mama (DS) - $9.99 - http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=668947

That is just from a quick scan, probably a few PS2/PS3/Wii games worthwhile too. Plus most new games are $69.99, so with the $15 off you would get it for $54.99, cheaper then the $59.99 that Future Shop/Best Buy normally sell them for. Please note that it seems it takes about a week for HMV to get the games to ship to you as they only seem to stock new games and CDs/DVDs in their warehouses.

Note: HMV is very slow at getting games in to their warehouse, it could quite a long time to get something you order. Even though something is a good deal just note that it could be a month or two until you get your order.

[quote name='chrisryans']I used the code to pick up Persona 3. Couldn't pass up that game for a price of 39.99[/quote] Thank you for pointing this out! I've been looking for a deal on this game :D

Might want to add to the OP that HMV.ca has free shipping for orders over $39.
EDIT: Haha, I didn't see it there, I'm blind :p

Does this work with pre-orders? Cause they have CX Chronicles for 38.99 and you can use the 10 off code for it.

Also, I think the Source has XBOX Live Arcade Unplugged for the same price (10), for those that want it.

Edit: Phantom Hourglass as well. I'm gonna go try this out ...

Dammit, hate it when this happens. Misread it and thought it was 10'$' when it's 10'%' ... looks like I'll have to pad my order. Though these will work on pre-orders at least.

Thanks Corizzle! There are a couple games I want to pick up and I actually have been looking for a good price on cooking mama. :bouncy:

They have GH3 listed as "Stand Alone Guitar" at $99 and The game listed at $82.

What are the chances the "Stand Alone Guitar" is actually the bundle? $85 shipped for GH3 would rock (pun intended)

EDIT: Nevermind, they have the bundle listed at $141. Blah.

Thanks OP! Picked up Zelda, Cooking Mama and Horsez (for my daughter) all for DS for $51 shipped. Since I ordered EDF at FS for in store pick up, I just brought the print out from HMV and they price matched no problem.

[quote name='Corizzle']Save 15$ on any order of 50$ or more at HMV.ca with code BZ6485.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone get this to work? It shows that the coupon code has been applied, but the total price doesn't reflect the discount.

EDIT: I've figured out the issue. It won't work because I'm adding a game that's $49.99, not $50. :roll:

don't hold your breath for it to be shipped anytime soon cause i tried with phantasy star universe which was a 7-10 day availability like most websites that say that, it's not gonna be shipped within then. i tried this 3 weeks ago too...and still says special order

Same here. I made my order almost 2 weeks ago and it's still on special order or something. Considering Amazon.ca has the same games I want for the same price, it's probably better I cancel my order and get it from there instead, save 15 bucks be damned.

But on the other hand, Amazon.ca has yet again delayed my order of Megaman Zero Complete Works for the nth time and I'm really tempted to bite the bullet, pay an extra 5 bucks and import it from the US of 0.981 A. :p

Yeah, HMV is REALLY slow to ship. I placed a order for Wild Arms 5 back when the 10% off code was first mentioned. After 3-4 weeks I cancelled my unshipped order and bought the game $2 cheaper at Wal-Mart.

I'm still trying them again with some DS games. But don't buy a sports game that's going to drop $15 before you even get it

I have added to the first post as a warning, don't order things that you want to play right now, but something you would want eventually.

I have a feeling, at least for Atlus games, we have just as much of a chance getting games at a reasonable time than HMV does since, you know, they don't really carry many games in their warehouses. Especially niche games like, you know, stuff from Atlus since they don't print very many copies of pretty much anything they publish. :p

Looks like I'll be changing my Etrian Odyssey order and getting it from Amazon.ca.

Old thread I know, but it looks like HMV has moved a good bulk of the games they have listed to 'Unavailable'. So, who else has given all hope that they're not gonna ship the older games they have on the site? :S

does anyone know if these coupon codes still work? I finally have something i want to buy from the site

[quote name='tymcg']does anyone know if these coupon codes still work? I finally have something i want to buy from the site[/quote]

Sorry, they have expired, I will update the front post

Heh, my order still hasn't even shipped. What happens when they cancel the 2 out of stock games of the 3 games I ordered. Will they ship the 1 game they have with the $15 discount :D

[quote name='ragnar14']Heh, my order still hasn't even shipped. What happens when they cancel the 2 out of stock games of the 3 games I ordered. Will they ship the 1 game they have with the $15 discount :D[/quote]

Just send them an e-mail through their site. They will ask you if you want them to ship out the item waiting for shipment. If you say yes you should recieve the 15 dollars off and free shipping regardless of price. Thats what they did for me anyways. So good luck with that

I got tired of waiting so I just outright cancelled my order. I really only wanted Etrian Odyssey and I got that a few weeks ago and cheaper than HMV as well.

Though I'll keep in mind to email them about orders in the future.

Etrian Odyssey is actually the only thing in on my order. I'm going to have to email them to see if I can get it for only $15 :D

Completely off topic, but HMV (as well as Future Shop) as all 4 seasons of Futurama for $25 each as opposed to Best Buy and Amazon who have them for about $40 a piece. Yeah >_>

Sorry to revive this old thread, but out of the blue, today I got a shipping notice. I had completely forgot about the order I placed during that sale (close to 6 months ago!! :lol:).

Just a quick e-mail to let you know we've shipped the following items from your order # XXXXXX, made on 2007-10-02:

1 PS2 SONY PLAYSTATION GOD HAND/M CDN 6.24
1 PS2 SONY PLAYSTATION LUMINES PLUS/E CDN 6.24

SubTotal: CDN 12.48
Shipping & Handling: CDN 0.00

Total: CDN 14.10

Anyone else got their order filled recently? I'm happy though, I still wanted those 2 games :D

[quote name='titanium']Sorry to revive this old thread, but out of the blue, today I got a shipping notice. I had completely forgot about the order I placed during that sale (close to 6 months ago!! :lol:).

Anyone else got their order filled recently? I'm happy though, I still wanted those 2 games :D[/quote]

I got it once I cancelled one of the games, forget which one

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know if HMV is clearing out HD-DVDs? Last I saw it was still 2/50...[/quote]

Someone on RFD said next week but that is obviously hearsay, believe it when you walk in the store next week and see them marked down

bread's done
Back