HMV - INSANE DDR and Rock Band Accesories Clearance!

rmatheso

CAGiversary!
I just got back from the Westhills HMV here in Calgary. I noticed a huge pile of Rock Band "stuff" by the front window... you won't believe these prices, here's what I picked up:

I-Con Rock Throne - $5.99
I-Con Mic Stand = $5.99
DDR 3 w/ pad 360 = $1.99
DDR High School Musical 3 w/ pad 360 = $1.99 (Hey I needed a 2nd DDR controller)

Other stuff:

I-Con Drumsicks - $1.99
I-Con Drum Silencers = $1.99
I-Con Guitar Stand = $5.99
Rock Band Drumkit 360? = $1.99 (seriously)
DDR Wii Disney Edition w/ 2 controllers = $1.99 (seriously)
Rock Revolution incl Drum Kit = $4.99 (360)

Holy crap, check out your local HMV asap. Saw more people grabbing stuff from the pile as I left.

HMV buys too much of these music games and they get stuck with them and need to clear place in stores.

I did not see DDR Wii in stores recently, but I will certainly look.

Thanks!

I checked the huge HMV downtown on Burrard, didn't see anything on sale though. They had tons of DDR bundles for the 360, but they were only marked down to $14.99-$19.99. Didn't really have much time to check much else though, as I popped in at the end of my lunch hour and just kind of wandered around the store quickly looking at price tags to see if there was anything I'd come back for after work.

They're totally reorganizing that store, it's starting to look much more organized.

Nothing at Weston/7 location in Woodbridge, that may be because I didn't really see many accessories in the first place. My guess is larger locations with more peripheral stock may have a sale going.

[quote name='rmatheso']I just got back from the Westhills HMV here in Calgary. I noticed a huge pile of Rock Band "stuff" by the front window... you won't believe these prices, here's what I picked up:

I-Con Rock Throne - $5.99
I-Con Mic Stand = $5.99
DDR 3 w/ pad 360 = $1.99
DDR High School Musical 3 w/ pad 360 = $1.99 (Hey I needed a 2nd DDR controller)

Other stuff:

I-Con Drumsicks - $1.99
I-Con Drum Silencers = $1.99
I-Con Guitar Stand = $5.99
Rock Band Drumkit 360? = $1.99 (seriously)
DDR Wii Disney Edition w/ 2 controllers = $1.99 (seriously)
Rock Revolution incl Drum Kit = $4.99 (360)

Holy crap, check out your local HMV asap. Saw more people grabbing stuff from the pile as I left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the same location and picked up quite a few goodies. Unfortunately the Rockband drum kit was actually 9.99 which is still a great deal so I picked up one of the two they had left. I also grabbed the last Rock Throne and 2 GH rechargeable battery kits (also a 1.99).

They still had quite a few things left, including:

:360: 1 Rock Revolution set (5.99)
:360: 1 Rockband Drum Kit (9.99)
:360: 2-3 High School Musical 3 box sets (1.99)
:wii: 1 Rockband 2 Wireless Drum Kit (9.99)
:ps2: 1 Singstar with 2 Mics (5.99)
:ps2: 1 Singstar Country (1.99)
:ps2: 1 Dancing with the Stars (1.99)
Bin full of assorted faceplates, drum sticks and guitar straps (1.99)
Couple mic/guitar stands (5.99 each)
3 Drum set kick pedals (5.99)

I also noticed they had a small bin near the register with assorted GBA games for 5.99. Mostly shovelware with the exception of a few decent games like Tak: The Great Juju Challenge and Crash of the Titans.

For those that are considering checking out their local HMV, I'd suggest calling first as these items being on clearance at other locations is extremely YMMV. The Westhills HMV has been trying to clear out this stuff for awhile now so I wouldn't expect to see it at other locations.

What is up with the great deals Canada gets? I would snatch up several DDR pads if a place near me had this kind of deal. That'd take care of my Christmas shopping :p

Hah, so I bring all this stuff home and set up DDR Universe 3. OMG do I absolutely suck at DDR games. I nearly lost 10 pounds calibrating both pads and trying to get through a couple songs. Boy i'm out of shape. ;)

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']What is up with the great deals Canada gets? I would snatch up several DDR pads if a place near me had this kind of deal. That'd take care of my Christmas shopping :p[/QUOTE]

Quiet, you. You've got Target endcaps, which is like Christmas every time they update them :)

(On a trip to the U.S. last week, I got two copies of Rhythm Heaven for under $5 thanks to Christmas toy coupons -- you'd never get that price in Canada -- and if you did it would probably be some bizarre clearance like this HMV thing :)

[quote name='cswloo']I checked the huge HMV downtown on Burrard, didn't see anything on sale though. They had tons of DDR bundles for the 360, but they were only marked down to $14.99-$19.99. Didn't really have much time to check much else though, as I popped in at the end of my lunch hour and just kind of wandered around the store quickly looking at price tags to see if there was anything I'd come back for after work.

They're totally reorganizing that store, it's starting to look much more organized.[/QUOTE]
I dunno why but i still miss the old virgin store lol,

Anyways im gonna go check HMVs in metro town

Wish me luck, ill see what i can find

That's an amazing price!
Best I saw was 50% off at HMV on Yonge St. DDR for 360 a few weeks ago. I was considering it but decided not but for $6 or what not, i'd be all over it. I already have a dancepad for ps2 but would like the game for my xbox. :)

Thanks OP!

Dropped into the Yonge/Bloor HMV today and scored a Wii Rockband 2 drum kit. It wasn't $9.99 as another poster said though, it was $12.50+tx. Sticker price was $24.99 with a sign saying 50% off drumkits, along with 50% off PS2 guitar hero bundles. At that price, I'd have bought another just for a backup, but one was heavy enough to carry home. They only had 3 Wii drumkits left, and one PS2 one.

This makes those $99 RB2 bundles a while ago look not so good anymore :)

Doh. Wish I saw this a few days ago. Was at a Rogers beside an HMV and then a mall with an HMV a few hours later.

[quote name='phanta']I dunno why but i still miss the old virgin store lol,

Anyways im gonna go check HMVs in metro town

Wish me luck, ill see what i can find[/QUOTE]

these prices are not reflected at the metropolis one. accessories were still in the $20+ range when i went on the weekend :cry:

[quote name='wampa1']Thanks OP!

Dropped into the Yonge/Bloor HMV today and scored a Wii Rockband 2 drum kit. It wasn't $9.99 as another poster said though, it was $12.50+tx. Sticker price was $24.99 with a sign saying 50% off drumkits, along with 50% off PS2 guitar hero bundles. At that price, I'd have bought another just for a backup, but one was heavy enough to carry home. They only had 3 Wii drumkits left, and one PS2 one.

This makes those $99 RB2 bundles a while ago look not so good anymore :)[/QUOTE]

Make that 2 Wii drumkits left and one PS2. Thanks for the heads up!

Those things really are a pain in the ass to carry home though.

bread's done
Back