Hollywood Video and Preorder Bonuses?

Salamando3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hey Everyone.

I'm looking to pre-order Soul Calibur 4, and so far the best deal I've seen is the free faceplate you get from GameCrazy. While I lack a Gamecrazy, I do have a Hollywood Video that sells new videogames/accessories, and the Hollywood Video website mentions that preorders get the faceplate (though the page is "powered by Gamecrazy").

If I preorder the game at Hollywood Video, what're the odds I actually get the faceplate?

Oh, and here's a link for good measure http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/games/game.aspx?LF=STL&id=12739

Call 'em up. I was about to preorder a second copy (first is already paid for with store credit at EB) just to get the faceplate, but it's more a Yoda faceplate than SCIV. I'll be passing on this offer but would like to know if you find out about getting it at HV.

I went in and asked, and the clerk seemed oblivious to the fact that they even offer preorders (even though they have numerous "Pre-order this" signs around the store). I mentioned how they advertised it on the website, and he kept saying "well, if you order online, i imagine they'd ship it to your house." Once he finally got the question, he admitted to not knowing, and said he'd call people about it. I emailed HV via their website, and they replied with a "as far as I know, you should get it."

I'll probably end up pre-ordering it there, just on the off chance they do get it. The place is really close, and worst-case scenario, I don't get it. It's not like I'll miss any other awesome pre-order goodies (the Gamestop keyring is kinda lame, imo).

bread's done
Back