Hollywood Video HD-DVD's $10

slowmotionninja

CAGiversary!
Hey guys I did not see this anywhere so I thought I post. I went to two diffrent Hollywood Videos by me and got some left over HD-DVD's for $10 each. They are also atleast and mine having the buy 2 get 2 free on it. Just thought I let you know some titles still left over that where good I picked up 3 Harry Potters and stuff seen a few Beowulf's.

I'm kinda shocked that some stores still have some left over, the HD-DVDs were clearanced out in February right before Beowulf came out.

I think back in Feb/March, they had buy 1 get 1 for $14 (using that coupon on their flyer). Therefore, it was $7.50 each. But, there are very few good titles left. Probably YMMV for now.

Mine had the $10 sale a while back. Scored both Beowulf & American Gangster at the time. Wish they had more available when I arrived. Would have stocked up.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']tried and they denied me the buy 2 get 2[/quote]

Yeah that happened to me seems like they have to override it. Also I seen someone said that they probably wont have any good ones. Might want to atleast stop by one more time for yourself mine did not have and of the Harry Potter's and I scored 4 of them also mine said they never got Beowulf but had it and when I asked they said that they where getting them from other stores. So if you have a big store near you might be worth the trip

Are these all used movies in regular DVD cases, or are they sealed in HD-DVD cases? I hate having HD-DVD in regular DVD cases (I'm OCD like that).

[quote name='slowmotionninja']Yeah that happened to me seems like they have to override it. Also I seen someone said that they probably wont have any good ones. Might want to atleast stop by one more time for yourself mine did not have and of the Harry Potter's and I scored 4 of them also mine said they never got Beowulf but had it and when I asked they said that they where getting them from other stores. So if you have a big store near you might be worth the trip[/QUOTE]

What did you say to them to get the override?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Are these all used movies in regular DVD cases, or are they sealed in HD-DVD cases? I hate having HD-DVD in regular DVD cases (I'm OCD like that).[/QUOTE]

Most are in regular DVD cases with the HD dvd inserts in them. I bought a bunch back in february and then got some empty HD cases at Fry's and switched 'em out. I have seen some in the HD cases at Hollywood video though, I've even scored a couple movies still sealed marked as used.

Yeah I picked some up this past weekend.
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
Eastern Promises
King of California
Firewall
The Kingdom
The Heartbreak Kid

$5.00 each. There were a few more I weren't too keen on, but I tried to wheel and deal witht he manager, saying that if she stacked the 50% and the B2G2, I'd take em all, thus freeing up her shelf space for more "sellable" product. She thought about it for a second, but said no. False advertising for having the B2G2 and the handwritten 50% sign and not honoring it. I think their rationale was it's the same either way ($20 total for 4 movies), assuming you get them all at the same price.

I left behind:
Balls of Fury
Blades of Glory (saw both of these, didn't laugh very much)
Babel (already got it from the 5 free movie coupon)
Dreamgirls (no girl around to appreciate it heh)
one other title I don't remember

Went to Fry's like fivecardstud did and bought a 12 pack of HDDVD cases for $12.99 to replace the regular DVD cases. The discs were all in pristine shape (I don't think anyone rented them!) and the covers were all intact with no tears.

I checked 4 other HWV stores in the area, but none of them have anything else.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm kinda shocked that some stores still have some left over, the HD-DVDs were clearanced out in February right before Beowulf came out.[/QUOTE]

yup any store in a large market has LONG sold their hd-dvd's off. Maybe in a year from now they might start selling their blu-rays off as previously viewed.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']What did you say to them to get the override?[/quote]

Well I am very frequent down at mine so they just override it. Put the sign does not exclude it on the sign so I would just say that :)

Just to let everyone know. My hollywood got a pretty good section of HD-DVD's in today. I actually scored BladeRunner 5-disc set for 10 bucks and Derailed,Constantine, Miami Vice for 21 bucks

bread's done
Back