Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
oh, look.

It only took a billion years, but they do know how to get an online inventory going.

Maybe now they can fulfill the promises of allowing Game Crazy to have an online inventory. They've only been promising it for.. what, four years now?

assholes. Great deals, though.

I didn't find it, just spreading the word.

Also here is their policy that someone else posted:

Retail Products sold as "Used" is previously viewed products that have been used for rental at Hollywood Video stores. Used Retail Products: (1) Will not be shrink wrapped or in new condition; (2) will be inspected for any damage prior to being shipped to you; and (3) will be in a hard DVD case.

I already regret buying them somewhat. I really like having the artwork.

what the?! It says harry potter is a "pan & scan" version, is that even possible?

I Love You, Man
Doomsday
Persepolis
Shoot 'Em Up
Host
Ocean's Eleven

Total $34.97

Had Death Race in my cart and it sold out, really?! Death Race?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered "The Host", "I Love You, Man", and "Persepolis". Here's to hoping that their rentals have the artwork stuffed in the dvd case like the rentals from Hastings. I can get BD cases cheap enough.

thanks OP for the info ordered and few hopefully they will have the artwork and what have not.

I had issues entering my information into the site. After a few refreshes and trying several more times, I got a confirmation e-mail saying I got "I love you Man" for free.

They seem to be adding new movies and removing others (likely sold out?). When I revisited the link I was able to get Defiance, Primeval, and some others that weren't there the first time, yet Deathrace is now gone.

It might pay off to revisit this every so often.

[quote name='captainfrizo']They seem to be adding new movies and removing others (likely sold out?). When I revisited the link I was able to get Defiance, Primeval, and some others that weren't there the first time, yet Deathrace is now gone.

It might pay off to revisit this every so often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed "The Wrestler" was there, but after a couple minutes when I went to add it to the cart, it disappeared.

I'm tempted to buy coraline, but I really doubt that with my luck that I'd get the 3d glasses. Damn, i knew I should have kept 1 pair of glasses when I rented the movie when it was released.

[quote name='NeuronalState']http://hollywoodvideo.com/products.aspx?c=4&p=1&g=40&b=0&r=gp13rn0&j=0&f=1&s=624511296000000000

Use the code 25pv for 25% off each item.

There are a few gems in there.

I ordered:

Batman Begins
Black Hawk Down
Coraline
Defiance
Enemy of the State
The Italian Job

for $35.12.

Credit to hyperflip @ the Blu-Ray forums.

Also, could someone who has ordered from Hollywood Video used before, comment on the condition of their stuff? Does it come with artwork/inserts?[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal! Thanks OP! ;)

Also, I can vouch for the quality of their Used DVD's, but not their Blu-rays. Throughout the years, I've bought quite a few DVD's from them, and they have a money-back guarantee if the disc is unplayable. Because of this (and also how durable Blu-ray discs are), there shouldn't any issue with these. I only wish I'd been smart enough to go to my local store (it just closed) and bought them out of their used products (I'm guessing I could have got a deal as good as this, and an even better deal on their used PS3 and Wii games).

There are a few really good movies available; the reader, the wrestler, there will be blood, the lookout, frost/nixon, changeling. If I had money and if i didn't already have them on DVD, I'd buy the blu rays for $5.25 a piece.

I don't know why they wouldn't include the artwork. I think they will include the artwork, but they will just be in rental cases like how they sell used blu rays in-store. I would just buy a bunch of blank blu ray cases off ebay or something.

well I picked up

Race to Witch Mountain
Coraline
I love you man
Sunshine Cleaning
Chronicles of Narnia
The Unborn

30 bucks

This site works horribly. Movies disappear and reappear depending on how you sort/search the movies. Sorting all blus and dvds by price seemed to show me the most options. Coraline and Duplicity which were mentioned to be out of stock appear to be back in stock, though Deathrace appears to be out of stock still.
HWV is a disaster, and only now at the end do they see they need a real online presence.
edit: Forgot to thank the OP. This is an awesome deal, and I am not too concerned about the condition these will come in. I bet they look just like the ones in store, with the art work shoved in a standard DVD case. My hope is that movies like Coraline include the bonus disc.

Anyone know the quality of these? Rental cases and artwork most likely but would be nice to know for sure.

Anyone have a link for I love you man?

Grabbed I Love You, Man for $5.73, Not too bad. I have a bunch of extra blu-ray cases laying around so I will just swap it out. If its anything like used in the store then they should just have the blu-ray cover art in a normal dvd case. We shall see.

Thanks OP! Hoping they come with artwork, as I already have a bunch of extra cases.

My total came out to a little over $52 with tax. Picked up I Love You Man, Coraline, the second Harold & Kumar, The Wrestler, Notorious, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Ghostbusters, The Punisher & Batman Begins.

This is a great deal, but I'll be amazed if these actually ship. All the talk of "out of stock" doesn't seem to have any correlation to what the site shows. As ackbar mentioned, it does just depend on how you sort it. At first, I tried leaving only the blu-ray option checked, but couldn't find "I Love You, Man".

Then, when I tried leaving everything, but sorting by price, it was there, along with several other blus I hadn't seen before. If this is any indication of inventory they actually have on hand to be sending to us, I'll be amazed. I'm expecting a lot of "We're sorry! Some items from your order are unavailable." emails. Maybe I'll be surprised, but it is Hollywood Video...

thanks op
buggy site but ended up getting
coraline
dutchess
tales of desperau
silent hill
all blu ray for about $22 shipped.
:)
thanks

[quote name='chimpian']thanks op
buggy site but ended up getting
coraline
dutchess
tales of desperau
silent hill
all blu ray for about $22 shipped.
:)
thanks[/QUOTE]

Finally someone said something about Silent Hill ;) Thats what I picked up for under 6 bucks thanks to OP for this and coupon to :)

[quote name='vexacus']I had issues entering my information into the site. After a few refreshes and trying several more times, I got a confirmation e-mail saying I got "I love you Man" for free.[/QUOTE]

I ended up putting Coraline in my cart, did a bunch of searching then checked out. Got through checkout and my email confirmation said free. I'm not holding my breath.....:pray:

Anyone having a tough time with the coupon? When I click apply coupon code, nothing happens. I made it all the way to the final checkout bit and didn't submit my order because it was still showing full price for everything.

[quote name='NeuronalState']I already regret buying them somewhat. I really like having the artwork.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like buying used blurays from Blockbuster, all they do is take the bluray insert, and put it into a DVD case on top of a Hollywood Video themed spacer. You could just order some blank bluray cases and transfer them.

Unless they do it like their games and have those lousy HV printed inserts...they probably do, nevermind...

EDIT: Eh, I bit anyway. Chicago, Terminator and Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark (now I got 'em all! woot!) for $10 after tax. I have to wonder if Terminator showing up for free means it's not in stock so they aren't charging me for it until it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Order:

Thank you for shopping with us. Below are the details of your order.
If you have placed a partial payment on a Pre-Order title, please note that the remainder amount of the product will be automatically charged to your credit card upon shipment.
QtyProductDescriptionPrice EachTotal

1H-12120105-728_pvI Love You, Man [Blu-ray]
Used$0.00

1H-12120105-653_pvDefiance [Blu-ray]
Used$6.99

1H-12120105-2097_pvDuplicity [Blu-ray]
Used$0.00

1H-12120105-691_pvRace to Witch Mountain [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD]
Used$0.00

Tax:$0.44
Grand Total:$7.43

Ummmmm......?

[quote name='Nesmaster75']My Order:

If you have placed a partial payment on a Pre-Order title, please note that the remainder amount of the product will be automatically charged to your credit card upon shipment.

Used$0.00

Used$6.99

Used$0.00

1H-12120105-691_pvRace to Witch Mountain [3 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD]
Used$0.00

Ummmmm......?[/QUOTE]

I think that means they are out of stock (the $0.00)

[quote name='mediviper']I think that means they are out of stock (the $0.00)[/QUOTE]
I think you may be right. Thank God I'm getting Defiance and not ONLY Race to Witch Mountain haha. If it was the other way around with Race to Witch Mountain in stock and everything else gone, I may have been a little depressed...

[quote name='Nesmaster75']My Order:

Used$0.00

Used$6.99

Used$0.00

Used$0.00

Ummmmm......?[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. All of my items show the prices as they should (placed my orders last night), but they're all still "processing". First person to get a shipped email out of this thing has to let us know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Selection keeps changing so this may be something to keep an eye on for awhile. I placed an order for six blu's now there's two more listed I'm considering lol.

bread's done
Back