Hollywood Video Used Blu-Rays Online @ 6.99 + 25% code per item

NeuronalState

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[quote name='yoneek']Do they send an email saying your order has been shipped or do they even update the order status on their site? I made an order last thursday and my order status still says processing?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm dealing with right now too. It's a little frustrating.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Thats what I'm dealing with right now too. It's a little frustrating.[/QUOTE]

took 10 days for mine to go from processing to shipped. It will happen, just not right away.

[quote name='kenjimeadu']I'd sent them an extremely long letter, back when the deal first went up and the site was still slow as crap. I'm still waiting on them to reply to this:

http://shorttext.com/24h25ebz0q[/QUOTE]
:applause: That was pretty good too bad they prob won't read it. On another note, I got one of my orders of 3 blus in today and they all came in DVD cases with the cover art and The Dark Knight had both discs so I'm pretty happy

I bet they're pulling all of the stock from the liquidated stores. In the store that closed "nearby" (not really), the majority of the blus were in those lockable DVD cases, not the blu cases. Given the price increase to ~$7.xx plus the cost of replacing the case, I'll pass. Glad I got in early at the $5.xx AC price point when they still came in their original blu cases.

[quote name='tylerdurden689']Good luck, I'm dealing with some customer service rep named "Jordan" who doesn't seem to be able to read and respond to an email at the same time. I simply told him that I received a DVD instead of the Blu-Ray that I ordered. He keeps telling me that they don't have a replacement (even though it's available online) and says that he can offer me 20% off if I want to keep the DVD or he can give me a full refund to send the movie back.

So far, they keep thinking that I haven't received the movie and have credited me in full for the Blu-Ray even though I keep telling them that I'd just like to receive the item that I ordered.

Let me know if you find any other place to send an email too, because this is getting me nowhere fast. I swear it's an automated response since the content seems to be identical everytime I get an email back.[/QUOTE]

I'm dealing with him as well.
I'm going to return the bank job dvds and for the other mess up will take the 20% because it's not that big of a deal.

[quote name='kenjimeadu']I'd sent them an extremely long letter, back when the deal first went up and the site was still slow as crap. I'm still waiting on them to reply to this:

Don't be waiting for any replies. Honestly no company would take any time responding to any customer letters like this.

... however it is funny to read. And honestly truthful about how awful Hollywood Video is.

As annoying as this company is (worked for them for a year and a half), I would not blame them for not responding. I understand your angle here, as humor has a way to catch someone's attention. However, when you use foul language directed at a company or its representatives like that in a complaint, it makes them not want to help you. If you kept the sarcasm and left out the abusive language, you would have a better chance of receiving a response.

That being said, Hollywood Video is a terrible company. They have no clue how to measure true productivity in a store, and I have seen a lot of store managers lose their jobs over figures that the company later drops from its grading scale for its employees. Their communication to their staff and customers is worse than abysmal. Advising anyone to be professional towards them is hard to do after seeing the company's lack of professionalism in their day to day operations, but the fact of the matter is that no company feels compelled to respond to someone who can't make a complain without using abusive language. Is it hypocritical (at least to a degree)? Yes. But come on, it's Hollywood Video.

Bringing a little good news to the thread. I received my copy of Tyson today. I ordered it on 4/5. It was actually a Blu Ray, so I guess I lucked out with that (my biggest concern was getting a DVD copy on accident like so many people have posted). The only annoying thing about it is they did write a number on the disc, but I can't complain since I could never find this movie anywhere.

Same with my order from 4/2. Then again I've had previous orders that showed it was in "processing" long after said Blus already arrived in my mail box. So god knows if you can trust their "wonderful" order tracking system.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Don't be waiting for any replies. Honestly no company would take any time responding to any customer letters like this.

... however it is funny to read. And honestly truthful about how awful Hollywood Video is.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, you're right. There's no way something that long would ever get a reply. Somehow knowing that no one would ever get back to me made me turn my short, nicely worded, fairly sympathetic complaint letter into... whatever that was.

Got my order from 3/26 today. Everything was fine, DVD boxes with BD artwork. Slapped everything into empty BD cases I got and boom like brand new.

[quote name='dmdragon']HEy, you got to vent right? That is all that matters really.[/QUOTE]

That is true. Then again its one thing to vent on some internet blog. Its another to write a complaint letter to Hollywood Video. You don't want to send something that is:

A - Overly long with unneeded details.
B - Contains profanity.
C - Insults the company.

Those three things right there will guarantee no response from 99% of companies out there. Then again this is Hollywood Video we're talking about here which means even a nicely worded short to the point letter would get equally ignored by them too.

[quote name='david12795']Ugh wished my Ratatouille came with blu ray case and extra disks. oh and a slipcover :p.[/quote]

Ratatouille on Blu is one disc only.

[quote name='SLeeK719']I have had a package stuck in Memphis, Tennessee since 4/2.....anybody else with this problem?[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine sat there for about a week also

Alright, thanks for responding. I was getting worried that my package got lost/stuck in Memphis and I was basically going to be screwed. Atleast now I have some hope.

Dear Troy

I apologize for any inconvenience. We had canceled your order and issued you a refund to your account due to your item ( Black Hawk Down [Blu-ray] ) being out of stock. We had sent you an e-mail at this time but it seems that you had not received it. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Pamela
Hollywood Videos Web Sales

thanks for letting me know, no can you please let me know if any of my order is ever going to actually ship? :roll:

District 9 blu-ray confirmation of shipment today. Ordered 4/4/10.

Still waiting for order placed on 2/23/10. Hasn't been cancelled/refunded yet.

Just got a shipment confirmation for Wall-E, Gamer, 3:10 to Yuma, Coraline, and the Simpsons Movie. I've been waiting anxiously for these to show up in my mailbox the past week or so; and it turns out they didn't even ship them until today. That really sucks.

I think I'm done with H.V. after this order; that is, unless they restock I.B. and District 9. I'll make an exception for those.

Just got a shipment confirmation for Wall-E, Gamer, 3:10 to Yuma, Coraline, and the Simpsons Movie. I've been waiting anxiously for these to show up in my mailbox the past week or so; and it turns out they didn't even ship them until today. That really sucks.

I think I'm done with H.V. after this order; that is, unless they restock I.B. and District 9. I'll make an exception for those.

There we go. Finally shipped out today, sent them the same email about 20 times last night, and then they sent me the shipping email today 8:04 this morning lol.

I finally got my first order in the mail today. All four Die Hard Movies. After ordering it on 4/2 and waiting over two weeks to actually get it, I was pissed when I opened it up to find out that not only are they in standard DVD cases but they also had copies instead of the original artwork!

I have a good mind to return them, but something tells me it may not be worth the hassle that I would go through dealing with them. I may just write it of as a lesson to not order from Hollywood Video any more.

[quote name='spidey193']I finally got my first order in the mail today. All four Die Hard Movies. After ordering it on 4/2 and waiting over two weeks to actually get it, I was pissed when I opened it up to find out that not only are they in standard DVD cases but they also had copies instead of the original artwork!

I have a good mind to return them, but something tells me it may not be worth the hassle that I would go through dealing with them. I may just write it of as a lesson to not order from Hollywood Video any more.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the original artwork looks like it's a copy but it's not.

[quote name='decon']Actually, the original artwork looks like it's a copy but it's not.[/QUOTE]

It is a copy. Try to put them in a blu-ray case and you'll notice that they're too small and the artwork on the back is very pixelated. I'm guessing that they printed these out because they had purchased the box sets for rental and that there wasn't any cover art for each of the individual movies.

I just ended up creating my own cover art for the first three movies since I already had the fourth one.

got my order from 4/3 today...all 7 came in the regular dvd cases, none came with the digital copies and Gamer came with a cover that's a scan, printed on normal printer paper...can't complain too much because around $7 each is a heck of a price for blu-ray movies that are only a few months old(Gamer, Ponyo, 9, and 2012). I just don't like how the first batch of 10 I got about a month ago, all came with the original artwork, digital copies and blu-ray cases.

[quote name='TupacInLA']anyone know where i can get some cheap blu-ray cases?[/QUOTE]

I picked up a 25 pack from eBay, Vortex brand(Disney and Sony use them) for $15 shipped BCB.

[quote name='decon']I picked up a 25 pack from eBay, Vortex brand(Disney and Sony use them) for $15 shipped BCB.[/QUOTE]
I did this same thing, good quality and a good price. I'd highly recommend this be the route people take.

Finally got a response to the email I sent asking where my refund is for the movies they charged me for, and then decided to email and let me know that the items had been cancelled. Here's what they said:
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Unfortunately we are experiencing some technical difficulties which are delaying your refund transaction. We are currently working on this issue to correct the problem. We will contact you as soon as we receive an update that the problem is fixed. Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenient delay while your refund is being processed. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns. Thank you for your time and understanding while we correct these errors. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Jordan
Hollywood Video Web Sales

So, they don't have any problems taking money...just giving money back? I haven't had problems with Hollywood before, but this just seems like a really shady response. I might give them 4-5 days, then I'll start the chargeback process.

For those looking for blu-ray cases, they have some great quality cases over at Meritline. I ordered 10 pack of single disc slim and 10 pack of double disc slim and total came out to $11.XX shipped. I received them within two business days.

bread's done
Back