Hollywood Video - Watchmen Motion Comic + Ticket to see Watchmen Free YMMV

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
At Hollywood Video, they have the DVD "Motion Comic" for the Watchmen comics... I guess it's some kind of way to read the comics without actually reading. Anyways, it has a sticker on it for $24.99 but it rang up as not having a price (so, $0.00). I'm pretty sure that pricing is the same at all HV stores, but it's YMMV as to whether the employee will let you have it.

The box also has a sticker on it that says it has Hollywood Movie Money inside to go see "The Watchmen."

Yeah, kind of doubt most places would actually give it to you. The motion comic is pretty good, though. I bought the first few episodes on PSN. It's one guy doing all the voices, so some of the female ones sound somewhat silly. But he does many of the male voices great, and the motions they spice into to the comis are pretty well done and actually add life to it.

Ha. They'd lose their job. Fortunately, there's a "manual price" button. All they do is hit that and put 24.99.

Depends on the employee. They would not lose their job for this. I worked at Hollywood Video a long time. First you may get lucky and get a dumb employee that doesn't notice. Second, you might get an employee that's nice and just gives it to you. Third, you might get a lazy employee. The "manual reprice" button is only available to shift leaders. So there's about a 75% chance the person waiting on you can't reprice without calling over a manager.

The motion comics are pretty cool. I read the book some time ago and the motion comics were a great way to catch up before the movie. It is only one guy doing the voices but as I would listen to books on tapes when I went on long vacation rides and they did usually do the same with only one voice it didn't really bother me too much.

bread's done
Back