Holy crap it worked: Zellers 2/$30 (inc. Far Cry 2)

Ashground

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Tip of the hat to zoro69 for this one. Didn't see a thread for it, and it's big enough to merit its own thread so people don't miss it.

Zellers is currently having a 2/$30 sale, ending on the 30th. Normally this isn't news, since they stick to clearance titles for sales like this, but there are some big names in it this time, including Far Cry 2. I had a hard time believing this, even after seeing photos of a receipt, but I just got back from my lunch break where I picked up Far Cry 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PS3. They were both locked up and labeled as $59.99. When they rang them up, the total came to $30. This only happened after both games had been scanned and totaled.

Sale flyer is here: http://zellers.flyerservices.com/ca...468-4273-afbf-c3cd9607f1f6_101_Z853P06_ON.jpg (bottom right; doesn't have any info on titles, though, so odds are the flyer itself will be of little use)

didn't see much for wili, brothers in arms, blazing angels, petz types, kids movie related ones, red steel, jumper, eg assorted crap

I see. I figured with these big name 360 titles included in the sale, there would be something good for the Wii as well. Thanks for the info.

The only notable titles I saw at the Zellers in Gerrard Square was RSV2 and Turok. Both had sticker prices of $29.99.

One interesting title I saw in the 2/30 bin was Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. It had no price tag at all I had no interest in the title so I didn't bother checking to see if it scans.

in Saskatoon:

The sale is on games 39.99 or less. At least at the 8th street store. I went to the one in lawson and picked up far cry 2 ps3 for me and a friend.
My gf works at Zellers and knew that the 8th st store was saying any games under 39.99. Whatever the deal, it was straight up on the reciept buy 2 for 30 when it was in the till. Combine that with her 10% employee discount and it was a good deal.
In my experiences most zellers managers are dix so if yer not in saskatoon ymmv 4 sho

northofamerica

[quote name='northofamerica']in Saskatoon:

The sale is on games 39.99 or less. At least at the 8th street store. I went to the one in lawson and picked up far cry 2 ps3 for me and a friend.
My gf works at Zellers and knew that the 8th st store was saying any games under 39.99. Whatever the deal, it was straight up on the reciept buy 2 for 30 when it was in the till. Combine that with her 10% employee discount and it was a good deal.
In my experiences most zellers managers are dix so if yer not in saskatoon ymmv 4 sho

northofamerica[/quote]
Not quite every game 39.99 or less. R6V2 360 is not officially under the promotion and its 29.99.

I was at my local zellers today in montreal and they had at least 5 copies of R6V2 for xbox 360 in the 2/$30 bin. I picked one up as well as a copy of Black for original xbox since there werent many games left for 360 or ps3

[quote name='Jest']fuck Ancaster is far. I'm going to try the Upper James one tomorrow. Its close to Mohawk so I can just grab the bus. Ooo I would like Eternal Sonata...[/quote]

ill save you the trouble. yesterday at the upper james club z, all they had was a dump bin with absolute garbage in it. most of them you would NEVER pay $15 for. i mean there games in there you could get for 5-10 easily. im off to ancaster at 4:30 to try the "working as of yesterday" deal.

Just went to Zellers during my lunchbreak...bin was full of crap, but I asked the salesperson to humour me and scan the Ace Combat 6 and Far Cry 2 (both 360) games that were behind the glass to see if they came up 2 for 30$ at the till. They did and I bought both! So the deal's still on! Might go back later and try some other combinations...anyone had any recent luck with Condemned 2 or GRID in this sale?

[quote name='jacksak']Just went to Zellers during my lunchbreak...bin was full of crap, but I asked the salesperson to humour me and scan the Ace Combat 6 and Far Cry 2 (both 360) games that were behind the glass to see if they came up 2 for 30$ at the till. They did and I bought both! So the deal's still on! Might go back later and try some other combinations...anyone had any recent luck with Condemned 2 or GRID in this sale?[/quote]

Condemned 2 for 360 is in the 2 for $30 bins are Rogers. Not that you'd find much to buy with it though. :D

[quote name='j940651']ill save you the trouble. yesterday at the upper james club z, all they had was a dump bin with absolute garbage in it. most of them you would NEVER pay $15 for. i mean there games in there you could get for 5-10 easily. im off to ancaster at 4:30 to try the "working as of yesterday" deal.[/quote]
All I did was ask for Far Cry 2 (360) out of the cage. Then I asked for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS) then he rang them up, and it was automatically 2/30.

[quote name='Azumangaman']All I did was ask for Far Cry 2 (360) out of the cage. Then I asked for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS) then he rang them up, and it was automatically 2/30.[/quote]

just so im clear, you did your deal at Ancaster NOT Upper James yes?

Does anyone know which PS3 combo work? I dont wanna have to ask the clerk to make different comob. So a list of combo that work directly by scanning both would be great.

Thanks.

No more Far Cry 2 available at the Zellers close to my home.

Anyone here who's nice enough to sell me his/her extra copy of Far Cry 2 (PS3)?

Willing to pay the $15 + tax + shipping (to QC) + a little extra for being so kind and generous.

I'm going to try the Zellers near my place and report back, if there's nothing else good I'll snag an extra copy and sell it to a CAGer. Any preferences for PS3/360? (I'm personally getting the 360 version).

[quote name='chrisryans']Far Cry 2 didn't ring in as a 2/30 at my Zellers, bomba[/quote]

fei i'm trying after work at the one here, if it work what system would you want it for?

don't bother bud, i have enough games on my plate as it is haha, i'm taking this as a sign from god to not get another game until i clear out some back log. i'm sure if i want to give it a go later on, the price will be low. thanks though

[quote name='maigoyume']Will see if I can pick you up an extra bud.[/quote]

Thank you!

I'm going to try the Zellers near my place and report back, if there's nothing else good I'll snag an extra copy and sell it to a CAGer. Any preferences for PS3/360? (I'm personally getting the 360 version).

PS3!!

[quote name='miriamleo']I got Assassin's Creed (360) and Turok (360) for $30, is it good deal?[/quote]

well, i bought AC for 30 bux alone, but its a great game.

.... its seems like an ok deal to me, ive seen Turok for 9 bux and AC would be around 20 bux?

I called a bunch of Zellers stores in the GTA (Cedarbrae, Shopper's World, Golden Mile) and they all said they were out of stock for PS3 and 360 versions of Far Cry 2. I don't know if they actually are, or if the clerks just couldn't find the games in the display case. Boo-urns.

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']I called a bunch of Zellers stores in the GTA (Cedarbrae, Shopper's World, Golden Mile) and they all said they were out of stock for PS3 and 360 versions of Far Cry 2. I don't know if they actually are, or if the clerks just couldn't find the games in the display case. Boo-urns.[/quote]

Does anyone know if they will get more copies of Far Cry 2 in the next few days? My Zellers was sold out as well.

[quote name='Oi!Blimey']Does anyone know if it works for other PS3 games?
I would like to pick up Uncharted and Ratchet
or Little big planet in the mix.[/quote]

you should have tuned in couple months ago , when Zellers did their famous 2/30 error deal.

but not this deal, im pretty sure,

[quote name='Bencherstyle']you should have tuned in couple months ago , when Zellers did their famous 2/30 error deal.

but not this deal, im pretty sure,[/quote]

Yeah, I just found out about this amazing forum and joined recently. So I didn't get to see that deal :(

[quote name='Nukkus']picked u 2 copies of Far Cry 2 today, traded one in at EB for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Dark Sector and Quake Wars.[/quote]

how much is the TIV at EB ?

Didn't work for us with the Far Cry 2, but they were having a rather nice sale on accessories at "Buy One Get One Half Off", which turned out rather well.

I'm curious of the TIV of Far Cry 2 as well. I ended up getting two because there was nothing else I saw that interested me. There was Warhawk, but I passed up on it because I no longer get into online shooters all that much.

Does anyone know if Uncharted or Ninja Gaiden 2 were eligible?

[quote name='gamer602']that was not an error.
games such as excite truck did drop from50 to 15...
people abused the hell out of it.
despicable.[/quote]

It was an error and good for most of the people that took advantage of it. Of course some people went overboard but even then it is Zellers fault.

[quote name='poiuiu']When I called EB last night it was still 35$ for the PS3 version of Far Cry 2.[/quote]
Sweet. Looks like I'll get myself a slight discount on SF4 then.

Well another success story here as well at the local Zellers here in Kamloops. I asked for Assassin's Creed & Far Cry 2 for the 360, both rang up at their regular price ($30 Assassin's Creed, $40 FC2). When the teller tallied then up they rang up as the 2 for $30 deal. "Your Total Purchase Savings: $39.98"
Wow. I hope it continues for a lil while. The bargain bin was probably 75% various PS2 games. 360 games included Superman, Condemned 2, Eternal Sonata. There was only a handful of copies of Condemned 2 there for the PS3 selection. I might pick up Eternal Sonata though if this deal continues, I went to EB Games afterwards to look for "Pure" for the 360 and I saw Eternal Sonata USED for $40 so a huge savings there if it's $15 at Zeller's. I meant to ask about the TIV for FC2 but totally forgot. I'll check out the TIV next time on my days off and might put the TIV of FC2 towards a new copy of SFIV if the TIV is good.

PS. Just to add to this as well, my local Zellers had about 4 copies of Far Cry 2 both for the 360 & PS3 in the case in case when I was there this afternoon. If anyone is in need of a copy, let me know.

Picked up 1 copy of FarCry2 for 360 and 1 for PS3. This was at Kingsway Edmonton. I asked about it and it scanned for 2/$30 then she started scanning everything behind the glass. Out of all the 360 games they had in stock only FarCry2 qualified. I think I'm going to give one of these to a friend.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Didn't work for us with the Far Cry 2, but they were having a rather nice sale on accessories at "Buy One Get One Half Off", which turned out rather well.[/quote]

anyone know if microsoft points cards are included in that sale?

[quote name='cm matty']anyone know if microsoft points cards are included in that sale?[/quote]

The points cards worked for me but I've heard stories of some Zellers not including them in the deal. YMMV for sure.

You're better off trying to price match it somewhere else since Zellers, in my area at least, have been terrible with points cards. It's really annoying to see a rack full of Wii point cards yet no MS point cards in sight.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']
You're better off trying to price match it somewhere else since Zellers, in my area at least, have been terrible with points cards. It's really annoying to see a rack full of Wii point cards yet no MS point cards in sight.[/quote]

Zellers in my area have also been terrible with points cards. I've yet to find any. I think I'm just going to pick up a quick charge kit with the controller I want to buy instead of hunting down points cards. I'm not sure about price matching them though, I don't know which stores will match BxGx deals.

bread's done
Back