Holy crap it worked: Zellers 2/$30 (inc. Far Cry 2)

Ashground

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Tip of the hat to zoro69 for this one. Didn't see a thread for it, and it's big enough to merit its own thread so people don't miss it.

Zellers is currently having a 2/$30 sale, ending on the 30th. Normally this isn't news, since they stick to clearance titles for sales like this, but there are some big names in it this time, including Far Cry 2. I had a hard time believing this, even after seeing photos of a receipt, but I just got back from my lunch break where I picked up Far Cry 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PS3. They were both locked up and labeled as $59.99. When they rang them up, the total came to $30. This only happened after both games had been scanned and totaled.

Sale flyer is here: http://zellers.flyerservices.com/ca...468-4273-afbf-c3cd9607f1f6_101_Z853P06_ON.jpg (bottom right; doesn't have any info on titles, though, so odds are the flyer itself will be of little use)

Can Zellers not learn that their "bin" is atrocious? it's the same thing over and over again. No one wants to buy Eragon no one
That and I'm waiting for Naruto to drop price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bencherstyle']i REally Appreciate the Care, but i can't to any Online Transactions :(
unless you live around Richmond hill, ( dont think so, you live in Waterloo?))
so you should trade it in at EB for 20 bux. ill get Far Cry 2 soon enough... i guess... thank you tho.[/quote]

I have an extra copy for the 360 if you want for cost+shipping+gas.. I'm in waterloo and I know you can't send stuff online, but I hear there is this company called Canada Post that will let you send stuff to other people?

Got Far Cry 2 and Eternal Sonata with no problem. I had to grab 2 copies of FC2 to actually show it up in the system in a separate transaction to avoid any potential hassle.

[quote name='TripleQ']I have an extra copy for the 360 if you want for cost+shipping+gas.. I'm in waterloo and I know you can't send stuff online, but I hear there is this company called Canada Post that will let you send stuff to other people?[/quote]

How will you receive payment? Cheque in the mail?

There are about 10 copies of Far Cry 2 for PS3 at the Zellers at Millwoods Town Center in Edmonton. I just picked up 2 copies of Far Cry 2 for 30 bucks :).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']How will you receive payment? Cheque in the mail?[/quote]

Yeah, sure, why not? Or cash even.. I know it's an old fashioned way of doing things.

[quote name='darkandlong']Just came back from Zellers:

2 x Far Cry 2 360 = $30
1 x Far Cry 2 360 + 1 x Brothers in Arms HH 360 = $90
1 x Far Cry 2 360 + 1 x Brothers in Arms HH PS3 = $30[/quote]

THX man I appreciate it I was looking for that other $20 game trade in value.

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah, sure, why not? Or cash even.. I know it's an old fashioned way of doing things.[/quote]

i decided to wait on FarCry2, since Killzone is coming out soon, and i decided to get that and wait a few weeks :)

thnaks for the offer, it's really great to see people like you willing to do such a thing.

[quote name='Nukkus']dood. buy two copies of Far Cry 2, and trade them towards Killzone 2 at EB. it's $35 trade credit EACH.[/quote]

it was sold out :p

in case anyone's in the burlington area, zellers at btown mall had about 10 copies of fc2 for 360 and 5 for ps3 (both in the glass still marked at 59.99), zellers waterdown had the same (but marked at 39.99). i didn't check the upper middle/appleby store, but i assume that it's no different.

i picked up 2 for ps3 and got my credit at eb. good deal.

unfortunately i didn't see any ms points cards.

Thanks OP I got 2 copies today :)

The best part was the look on the sales persons face.
Sales Person: Oh, 33.90???
Me: Yes.
SP: I guess it's part of the 2/30 sale.
Me: Yes.
SP: Are you buying two for friends.
Me: Yes, sorta. One for me, one for a friend. Good Bye, have a good day.
I grab the bag and leave quickly with him staring at the screen wondering if he did something wrong in the transaction. How does 2 games that sell for $39.99 each equal $33.90 for 2 :p

I usually only hit sales like this when buying groceries. I also got some great deals on soccer equipment at the closing down of the sports store at Hazeldean Mall.

Unrelated, but I tried to PM the BOG1/2 on Wii points cards at BB, only to be told they weren't accessories. Apparently accessories are controllers and such. >_

Went to the other Zellers in my area. Not only did they have Farcry2 and Vegas 2 for 2/30...both games were in the bin! And there were at least 4 copies of Farcry and 2 of Vegas 2. I am tempted to go back and buy two more copies of farcry to take to EB Games for the $70 worth of trade-in.

im thinking the employee lied to me about the far cry 2. i did look for it for like 15 minute, and asked , .... god damn it !! . well, if tthere is alot of far cry 2 at EB, they are ganna lower the price of it :D keep tradin to EB... im guessin nobody wants to play the game?

I'm reallly surprised this hasnt hit RFD yet (knock on wood)

I wish I saw this thread earlier. Gonna see if i can get them tomorrow before work

[quote name='maigoyume']Does the sale end ON (Jan.30)? Or does it end at the end of that day?[/quote]

I'd like to know this too. Which Zellers did you hit up maigoyume? Oakridge?

IF your considering Oakridge.

I left 2 Farcry 2 (360) in the display case when i left there @ 2 yesterday.

Hopefully it'll still be there if you guys plan on hitting it in the morning

Sold out of the PS3 version since Wednesday night apparently.

[quote name='Estymagic']IF your considering Oakridge.

I left 2 Farcry 2 (360) in the display case when i left there @ 2 yesterday.

Hopefully it'll still be there if you guys plan on hitting it in the morning

Sold out of the PS3 version since Wednesday night apparently.[/quote]

I'm not really interested in any games at the moment to go through the effort of trading even when I can stand to profit a little.

Did they have MS points? Thanks.

[quote name='Baztian']I'd like to know this too. Which Zellers did you hit up maigoyume? Oakridge?[/quote]I had taken the last 2 copies at oakridge when I was there on wed? Yesterday I skytrained to metro to check out their selection. There were about 5 copies of farcry2 (360) left after I grabbed a couple. All the ps3 copies were cleaned out before I got there.

If anyone is east of the GTA, I picked up a couple of copies of Farcry at the Whitby store and they had like 4 or 5 left :D

Picked up two more copies of FC2 for the PS3 today. Traded them in to EB for the $74 credit. What a deal. And there was still 1 copy left at the northside Zellers in Fredericton for my fellow New Brunswickers.

[quote name='EvilGalad']Whereabouts is the zellers in whitby? I'll definitely have to check that out.[/quote]
Is on Tauton and Garden Nr Home Depot & Canadian Tire.

How many times does someone have to post you need to buy 2 together for the cash to ring up $30...only to have someone declare "didnt work in ___" right underneath?

Geez, READ!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, amazon just reduced the price on a bunch of new ones again, leaving me again baffled at those running all over trying to pull some trade in scheme to save a few bucks off a $60 game...when you could just buy the same game for $44. Killzone, RE5, godfather 2, bunch of them.

[quote name='zoro69']How many times does someone have to post you need to buy 2 together for the cash to ring up $30...only to have someone declare "didnt work in ___" right underneath?

Geez, READ!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, amazon just reduced the price on a bunch of new ones again, leaving me again baffled at those running all over trying to pull some trade in scheme to save a few bucks off a $60 game...when you could just buy the same game for $44. Killzone, RE5, godfather 2, bunch of them.[/quote]

Most of them aren't saving a few bucks. This deal doubles your money if you trade both copies of FC2 to EB. The user who got $72 has enough for one game just at 60 and 12 left over for whatever.

Buying your games at 44 (w/shipping time) is still about $10 more expensive (considering one game technically costs 30 + tax after this deal). These kinds of things add up over time. Its like my university friend that walks a little further to buy a $2.00 hot dog rather than a $2.50 one. He saves 50cents. After eating there 4 times, he can have one more hot dog for the same cost as someone sending 2.50per hot dog.

Even more so, if you people were to find other cheaper deals, they could effectively pull off a T3G1F deal at EB. For that deal, I've been able to pull off games that only costed $20 and others were able to do it for much less.

[quote name='zoro69']How many times does someone have to post you need to buy 2 together for the cash to ring up $30...only to have someone declare "didnt work in ___" right underneath?

Geez, READ!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Also if you try PS3+360 version together, it may not work.

2 copies of PS3 version and 2+ copies of 360 version left at Bell's Corner location.

Don't forget to get extra HBC points!

20103.gif

Wasn't even going to bother (serious backlog right now, don't really need more games), but I think I'll see if Metrotown still has 2 360 copies left when I get off work tonight and trade one into Futureshop to put towards an SD card for my new camera. Essentially getting a free game for buying the SD card. :)

Geez, READ!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I did just that, and still nothing. So unless the cashier lied to my face, my "didn't work" comment still stands.

[quote name='cm matty']in case anyone's in the burlington area, zellers at btown mall had about 10 copies of fc2 for 360 and 5 for ps3 (both in the glass still marked at 59.99), zellers waterdown had the same (but marked at 39.99). i didn't check the upper middle/appleby store, but i assume that it's no different.

i picked up 2 for ps3 and got my credit at eb. good deal.

unfortunately i didn't see any ms points cards.[/quote]

Man, i bought 2 copies of farcry 2 and then went to an EB to trade them in and the guy behind the counter refused to take either of them which was really annoying. I ended up going to futureshop.

Got my stuff ;-)

- 1st place

Ok I first went to the Zellers in Greenfied park. Look thru the bin, nothing good. Look in the display case for Bloom Blox (the Steven Spielberg game for the Wii) as one of my friend told me this game was in special at his Zeller, but didnt have another game to match it. Then look for Far Cry 2 on PS3.

Since they have both I then ask the clerk to get them. Went to the cash and I look closely the screen, indeed seperately they ring at their rugular price ($39 for Far Cry 2 as it is now in special and Bloom Blox at $49). Once the clerk ask the total, it make a BEEP, then display some blah blah, he click again BEEP... Then he got the total of $33.xx ;-). And of I go after I paid.

- 2nd place

I decide to go try my luck in the Zellers in Brossard (the one that people abuse sooo much in the last 2/30 deals). The selection was more interesting for PS3, PS2, PSP game, so I then ask for Far Cry 2 and Brother in Arms : Hell's Highway. They were tag at $39 each as they were in special. Went to the cash, once again they ring up at $39 each, but once the clerk click for the total BEEP. But this clerk look several time his screen, the games, click again BEEP, click BEEP. And couldnt believe his eyes, he said that he couldnt believe it... I then start to get worried that maybe he will call a manager and/or he is going to refuse to sale me those games at that price. So I said nothing and I remain calm, he then finally told me the price of $33 reludently and I paid gladly ;-). But I still tried to not look too surprise or anything hehehe.

So in all I got

- 2 Far Cry 2 (PS3)
- 1 Brothers in arm (PS3)
- 1 Bloom Blox (Wii)

Looking to trade in my second copy of Far Cry 2 unless my friend that ask me Bloom Blox want it (he also own a PS3, the Wii is for his son ;-)).

Thanks OP for the great deals!!!

[quote name='Pavel6969']Picked up two more copies of FC2 for the PS3 today. Traded them in to EB for the $74 credit. What a deal. And there was still 1 copy left at the northside Zellers in Fredericton for my fellow New Brunswickers.[/quote]

i bit the bullet and picked up two more copies today...still over 10 left on the last day. it was a nice surprise to see the tiv higher than yesterday.

in the end, i got 5600 ms points for ~$40. no complaints there.

[quote name='megadrop']Man, i bought 2 copies of farcry 2 and then went to an EB to trade them in and the guy behind the counter refused to take either of them which was really annoying. I ended up going to futureshop.[/quote]

did u walk in with both copies?

Do 360 Far Cry 2 copies work at EB?

That's all that was left at my Zellers, somebody bought the last 4 PS3 copies by the time I got there.

bread's done
Back