Holy Crap, Monster Hunter Portable Website

[quote name='redgopher']Cool! Now I can take a shitty game with me wherever I go![/QUOTE]

Well, from the looks of the NIN: With Teeth album your sporting in your sig you should'nt mind carring shitty things with you.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Well, from the looks of the NIN: With Teeth album your sporting in your sig you should'nt mind carring shitty things with you.[/QUOTE]

damn...

:applause:

(to above) ouch. Everyone knows that "opinions are like assholes..." line right? :)

Anyway, so will this have online (as in play with people via internet connection) multiplayer, or just wireless with people close by? Also, this is a tad off-topic, but what's the PSP mumbojumbo phrase for "online (via internet) multiplayer"? I don't know what "ad hoc" means, I ain't no fancypants city-lawyer ;)

[quote name='humidore'](to above) ouch. Everyone knows that "opinions are like assholes..." line right? :)

Anyway, so will this have online (as in play with people via internet connection) multiplayer, or just wireless with people close by? Also, this is a tad off-topic, but what's the PSP mumbojumbo phrase for "online (via internet) multiplayer"? I don't know what "ad hoc" means, I ain't no fancypants city-lawyer ;)[/QUOTE]

I believe it will be online. I think that it will be cool either way. At least the graphics will be good too.

Un less I'm mistaken AdHoc means it's multiplayer playable in wifi mode. While Inferstructure is the online through wifi router style multiplayer.(?)

If I'm confused about that it's only because Sony's done a bad job of clarifying it.

[quote name='Alpha2']Un less I'm mistaken AdHoc means it's multiplayer playable in wifi mode. While Inferstructure is the online through wifi router style multiplayer.(?)

If I'm confused about that it's only because Sony's done a bad job of clarifying it.[/QUOTE]

That's correct.

I guess the people at Sony just assumed that everyone was as nerdy as themselves.

[quote name='Quackzilla']That's correct.

I guess the people at Sony just assumed that everyone was as nerdy as themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they give too much "credit" to people I guess. I though WIFI meant wireless internet connectivity, meaning I could be at like the university library (which has hotspots) and play people in another city. So I guess AdHoc is the "play people in the same room" multiplayer then...And "Infrastructure" is the above eg?...

Anyway, I wonder how they'll let us communicate with other people in the game...isn't there a mic on the PSP, so that voice chat feature missing in the PS2 version could be fixed on the PSP?

[quote name='humidore']Yeah, they give too much "credit" to people I guess. I though WIFI meant wireless internet connectivity, meaning I could be at like the university library (which has hotspots) and play people in another city. So I guess AdHoc is the "play people in the same room" multiplayer then...And "Infrastructure" is the above eg?...

Anyway, I wonder how they'll let us communicate with other people in the game...isn't there a mic on the PSP, so that voice chat feature missing in the PS2 version could be fixed on the PSP?[/QUOTE]

There is no mic on the PSP.

comunications will likely be reduced to specific phrases like "help!" and "over here" it wouldnt be the first time these have been used, It's like PSO in a sense this way Yeah you could use dpad chat or a keyboard on the DC but you rarely have the time some you'd create shortcut emotes.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']There is no mic on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Ho damn, I didn't realise that...The DS has a mic tho. Well that decides which system I'm buying eventually ;) .

Well, this just single handedly sold me on buying a PSP. That looks amazingly awesome. Especially since I love Monster Hunter to begin with...

has there been any evidance that the mic will let you communicate with someone wirelessly on the DS? I get this feeling it might not have the best clarity but then again I havent watched many videos of people using it.

bread's done
Back