Holy Crap piles--what did I find in my basement while cleaning....

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So my wife is forcing me to clean the basement and to pay for our 15th anniversary trip next year I'm selling off most of it--46 years old and decades of gaming and hoarding...In any case, I unearthed two things I didn't even know I owned.

The first was a sealed Conker's Bad Fur Day.  The box was in pretty shitty shape...but still I barely remember paying something like 10 bucks for it at a Coconuts Record Store in a clearance N64 bin...and that was awesome.

More importantly, I stumbled upon something I thought was worthless.  A gray demo copy of Donkey Kong 64 that is pristine and works like a charm.

Not worthless.  

They sell for hundreds.  WOW!!!

I always wondered If any of my gaming stuff from my childhood was in the attic.

I know there are Christmas decorations up there but I always been too lazy to sort through it.

Nice find OP. That sealed/damaged Conker would have been worth quite a bit too if it wasn't damaged... it's probably worth quite a bit even damaged though.

When it rains hard my basement is the last thing I wish I had on this house.
I hate the fact that the basement is always so cool in the summer, that if you spend more than 5 minutes down there, the main floor (or above) feels like hell.

I feel pretty lucky. My N64 was a forgotten system. Picked it up at the end of its life, never really played it. My big mistake was opening up all the PS1 RPGs I had. I never played them. Never. I finished FF VII and Xenogears. Started FFVIII. And that's it. But I kept buying them and opening them. Duh....

I went down in my parents basement last year just curious if any of my old gaming stuff was still around. I found A SNES CIB Secret of Mana down there. The box was pretty beat up but it was all there. I don't even remember buying it or owning a SNES. There was a Final Fantasy II box there also with no game. I had no use for it so someone on craigslist got a good deal from me for $50.

Sadly, as I'm 46 all of this stuff is in MY basement.  5200, NES, SNES, games, gameboy..games...Lynx, Game Gear, Genesis + 32x + CD player, Saturn...ps1,2,3...Pikachu N64..Portable NeoGeocolor...Dreamcast, dreamcast keyboard....it never ends...seriously.  Most of this was acquired as an adult

I've been cleaning my garage out and found all kinds of stuff that's been getting sold. My PS1, Sega Genesis, and entire Star Wars action figure collection have been the most notable finds so far. Lots of old Pokemon stuff too as well as old PS1, Geneisis, and PS2 games. Today I came across all my loose Power Ranger toys so I'm now in the process of bundling all this together in hopes of selling it all off. What can't get sold I'm taking to Goodwill if it's in decent condition for someone to have...figured it's better than throwing it away and I can get some tax credit for next year so win-win.

I've been cleaning out some of my parents basement recently as well to get stuff I left when I moved out of state. Always cool to find things you forgot you had. For example I found a few games that survived my great sell off a few years ago which was very cool.

I've been cleaning my garage out and found all kinds of stuff that's been getting sold. My PS1, Sega Genesis, and entire Star Wars action figure collection have been the most notable finds so far. Lots of old Pokemon stuff too as well as old PS1, Geneisis, and PS2 games. Today I came across all my loose Power Ranger toys so I'm now in the process of bundling all this together in hopes of selling it all off. What can't get sold I'm taking to Goodwill if it's in decent condition for someone to have...figured it's better than throwing it away and I can get some tax credit for next year so win-win.
Same thing. We've got two kids and have already donated 19 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army. My wife and I are also book hoarders (I'm a teacher--so I have books coming out the wazoo) and we donated five boxes of books to a local charity that sells them and uses the money to promote literacy...

While digging deeper today, I found a brand new Sega Dreamcast Arcade Stick...totally new.  Still has cardboard and plastic around it...that'll be getting sold shortly.  

Is it the Agetec stick or just some brand name one?  The former should probably be worth a lot since it's the holy grail of DC sticks.  I still have mine and it's godly for some MVC2.

95% sure it's the Agetec stick. Actually remember where I got this from. It was in clearance at a Coconuts Records (now FYE) for 29.99. Was too busy playing typing of the dead to ever even crack it open...

Is it the Agetec stick or just some brand name one? The former should probably be worth a lot since it's the holy grail of DC sticks. I still have mine and it's godly for some MVC2.

Hehe, nice.  I got mine at a Twin Galaxies convention where the local GS in that mall just happened to have one.  Probably paid MSRP but IDC; never saw a domestic stick that nice again until the madcatz SF4 ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it rains hard my basement is the last thing I wish I had on this house.
We had a deluge of 6" of rain overnight 2 weeks ago. I was stuck in a hospital room following surgery. I couldn't sleep that night because of pain and a fever, and people were posting pics to Facebook of them playing in the water, up to their waist, at 2am.The only thing I could think about was my DK Jr. upright taking on water in my basement. Everything else is either easily replaceable or high enough off the floor to not sustain any damage.

I came home and the basement was dry as a bone. I haven't been that happy in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back