Holy crap... Vita and PS4 integration

Demontooth

CAGiversary!
I just rolled over in bed and grabbed my Vita. Hit the PS4 button. I hear the PS4 kick on in the other room and within 30 seconds I'm playing AC4. I didn't think Sony would be able to pull it off but they did it.

They's great to hear. I heard this even worked over LTE/4G which is nice, but I have zero intentions of adding a data plan to my Vita. That said, being able to do what you did, play AC4 (or some other game) from bed without having the console in there is EXACTLY what I've wanted since I got a PSP and PS3.

EDIT: since you were on a home network, I presume that's the best possible connection...so, how was the latency?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a great network all cat 6 cables, netgear 4500 router. But playing resogun wasn't great. I saw a lot of screen fragmenting, so it still needs work.

The PS4 is about 25 feet from me in the other room. Works really well. Just like I'm playing a vita game. I had a few connection issues last night from about 30 feet away through three walls, but it was still playable.

I have a great network all cat 6 cables, netgear 4500 router. But playing resogun wasn't great. I saw a lot of screen fragmenting, so it still needs work.

how far away were you from the PS4?

I think you mean how far from router. You connect through the network, not directly to the PS4.

I was 18ish feet. 2-3 walls. But was showing a good signal on the vita.

I'm liking the integration quite a bit.  While watching Giant Bomb's 8 hour PS4 live-stream I was playing Knack, Warframe & Contrast on my vita using remote play.

I think you mean how far from router. You connect through the network, not directly to the PS4.

I was 18ish feet. 2-3 walls. But was showing a good signal on the vita.
You connect directly to the PS4 if you check the 'allow vita to connect directly' option on the PS4 - it configures an adhoc (or adhoclike?) connection between the PS4 -> vita directly like the PS3 did.

You connect directly to the PS4 if you check the 'allow vita to connect directly' option on the PS4 - it configures an adhoc (or adhoclike?) connection between the PS4 -> vita directly like the PS3 did.
Yes, Ive done that, But if you watch the Vita screen during connection it says "checking network connection" or something like that. I though checking the box allows it to connect in the first place.

It's pretty impressive, I must say.  Tested it out with some Need for Speed: Rivals last night and even playing Alldrive online, from about as far from my router as you can get in my house (my room is upstairs, north side, router is main-level south side) I had no noticeable lag of any kind.  I honestly didn't believe that it would *really* work until I saw with my own eyes.  

im hoping for a blackfriday sale for the system only. i already have vita games from ps+ i just want it for remote play

imagine playing my ps4 games at work over my cellphone hotspot unlimited tmobile LTE :bow:

If you have to be on the same wifi how does it work over cellular?

You can connect over the internet too, it's just not guaranteed that you'll get as playable of an experience depending on the quality of each connection. I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet, but this guy set up his Android as a Wi-Fi hotspot and remote played off of it and it seemed pretty playable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Pj4PyJgnA

bread's done
Back