Holy Shaq-Fuing Shit!!! (ddr related)

Wow, nice deal and pick up man. Wish I could get some real padded pads with my DDR instead of the crappy ones that Fry's gives you with their DDR promotions.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='YoshiFan1']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244423.asp

Same thing but for Xbox. I took a chance and ordered it hoping I'll get the Ultramix 1 or Ultramix 2 bundle.[/quote]

2 of these back in stock. I ordered one the other day, so I'll leave these for other CAGs.

Edit: Linkified in quote.[/quote]

I know this is a really quick bump, but if these are still there in 15 minutes, I may order at least one of them, so, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

[quote name='punqsux']ordered them, i have my fingers crossed for those sweet padded ones (especially since i dont have an xbox ^^)[/quote]

Damn you have a lot of pads. And I was afraid I was being greedy when I was thinking about ordering them :wink: .

you can never have too many pads, they all end up breaking eventully ^^

if by some weird coincidence i get a combo odds are ill just save it until i end up getting an xbox...but im really hoping for those padded pads, for $7 each they are steals!

Wow, awesome finds, guys. Congrats!

A little off topic:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best version of DDR and for what system?

You know, I was going to get it on this (it was there when I first checked) but the barcode and number has disappeared from my EBgames edge card. Sticker's there, ink is all faded. I had to take the time to scan the sticker and Photoshop it to see the number. Thing's only a month old...

[quote name='MorPhiend']Wow, awesome finds, guys. Congrats!

A little off topic:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best version of DDR and for what system?[/quote]

Depends on who you ask. Many people like different things. Going off the US PS2 and Xbox versions, I like:

DDRMAX (PS2)
DDRMAX 2 (PS2)
DDR Ultramix 2 (Xbox)
DDR Ultramix (Xbox)
DDR Extreme (PS2)

That's my order, from best to worst. Of course, that is IMO of course!

[quote name='punqsux']you can never have too many pads, they all end up breaking eventully ^^

if by some weird coincidence i get a combo odds are ill just save it until i end up getting an xbox...but im really hoping for those padded pads, for $7 each they are steals![/quote]

im new to this whole ddr thing....i just ordered this bundle from outpost.com lastnight http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4297184
is that a good deal? i dunno....anyways, the pads always end up breaking? what about these? http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3795366?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

[quote name='MorPhiend']Wow, awesome finds, guys. Congrats!

A little off topic:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the best version of DDR and for what system?[/quote]

My list goes (US Releases)

DDRMax2 (PS2)
Ultramix 2 (XBox)
Konamix (PS1)
DDRMax (PS2)
Extreme (PS2)
Ultramix (XBX)
DDR USA (PS1)

Wedge Disney between Max1 and Extreme..... but it's hard to find, and I wouldn't count it.

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='MorPhiend']Wow, awesome finds, guys. Congrats!

A little off topic:

My list goes (US Releases)

DDRMax2 (PS2)
Ultramix 2 (XBox)
Konamix (PS1)
DDRMax (PS2)
Extreme (PS2)
Ultramix (XBX)
DDR USA (PS1)

Wedge Disney between Max1 and Extreme..... but it's hard to find, and I wouldn't count it.[/quote]

Agreed (if you don't count the ps1 quality graphics).

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='punqsux']you can never have too many pads, they all end up breaking eventully ^^

if by some weird coincidence i get a combo odds are ill just save it until i end up getting an xbox...but im really hoping for those padded pads, for $7 each they are steals![/quote]

im new to this whole ddr thing....i just ordered this bundle from outpost.com lastnight http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4297184
is that a good deal? i dunno....anyways, the pads always end up breaking? what about these? http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3795366?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG[/quote]

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wouldn't even play DDR at home by myself with the lights off and the blinds closed.[/quote]

one of the first warning screens when you boot up the game is do not play with the lights off :rofl:

trust co- most pads end up breaking eventully. if youre not that good (read: me) they will last a long time. considering what you paid for that bundle, they should (and better) be good enough to last you a while. i still have one of the first 2 pads i ordered working. one pad stopped working, and one pad got mauled by my friend playing heavy on it for 2 songs ^^

if youre REALLY good at ddr (youll prolly know which pad to buy by then but..) but those $300 pads...the ones you can run over with cars, if you tend to stay on standard and light mode, dont bother spending too much on pads.

those metal ones break too if you play them too hard. its not the material they're made of but the quality of the build.

also id like to say that the pads i got in the mail today rock!

they are very stable and responsive. i only played 9 songs but i got a new high on each of the 9.

now to see if they can stay alive for more than a few months ^^ for $50 pads i expect them to last a while

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wouldn't even play DDR at home by myself with the lights off and the blinds closed.[/quote]

one of the first warning screens when you boot up the game is do not play with the lights off :rofl:

trust co- most pads end up breaking eventully. if youre not that good (read: me) they will last a long time. considering what you paid for that bundle, they should (and better) be good enough to last you a while. i still have one of the first 2 pads i ordered working. one pad stopped working, and one pad got mauled by my friend playing heavy on it for 2 songs ^^

if youre REALLY good at ddr (youll prolly know which pad to buy by then but..) but those $300 pads...the ones you can run over with cars, if you tend to stay on standard and light mode, dont bother spending too much on pads.

those metal ones break too if you play them too hard. its not the material they're made of but the quality of the build.[/quote]

thanks....i doubt ill be any good at it, but im very determined and competitive at everything i do....so i'll probably be a tall and lanky dancing machine come a week after receiving them

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']thanks....i doubt ill be any good at it, but im very determined and competitive at everything i do....so i'll probably be a tall and lanky dancing machine come a week after receiving them[/quote]

Lucky, you've already got a good DDR body. It sucks being a DDR player with a big frame, you get winded too easily.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']thanks....i doubt ill be any good at it, but im very determined and competitive at everything i do....so i'll probably be a tall and lanky dancing machine come a week after receiving them[/quote]
its not too hard at all once you get used to it, do the tutorials and youll be dancing like a champ in no time

[quote name='YoshiFan1']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244423.asp

Same thing but for Xbox. I took a chance and ordered it hoping I'll get the Ultramix 1 or Ultramix 2 bundle.[/quote]

Pics. I have not tested them yet. For 7.50 shipped?! I'll make a dance room. Hell yeaah!

Crapped 2000 posts. I need to get a life! :lol:

Thanx for the opinions Rig, BigDirty and evilmax! Now I wonder where the new Mario DDR is going to fall in that list.

Haha masha, you have almost twice the posts I do. You do need to get a life!!! :lol:

j/k I think that I have averaged about 100 posts/week for the past 4-5 weeks... :shock:

[quote name='MorPhiend']Thanx for the opinions Rig, BigDirty and evilmax! Now I wonder where the new Mario DDR is going to fall in that list.

Haha masha, you have almost twice the posts I do. You do need to get a life!!! :lol:

j/k I think that I have averaged about 100 posts/week for the past 4-5 weeks... :shock:[/quote]

If they add a lot of Nintendo songs to the song list, it will rank very high on my list! ^^

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='MorPhiend']Thanx for the opinions Rig, BigDirty and evilmax! Now I wonder where the new Mario DDR is going to fall in that list.

j/k I think that I have averaged about 100 posts/week for the past 4-5 weeks... :shock:[/quote]

If they add a lot of Nintendo songs to the song list, it will rank very high on my list! ^^[/quote]

thats what im saying...i LOVE playing burning heat on max, a game made up of game music would be awesome and possibly my favorite ddr game

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='MorPhiend']Thanx for the opinions Rig, BigDirty and evilmax! Now I wonder where the new Mario DDR is going to fall in that list.

If they add a lot of Nintendo songs to the song list, it will rank very high on my list! ^^[/quote]

thats what im saying...i LOVE playing burning heat on max, a game made up of game music would be awesome and possibly my favorite ddr game[/quote]

Why the hell won't Konami make a few more of these. CONTRA SONGS WOULD ROCK! And yeah, I like Burning Heat as well.

[quote name='Rig']
Why the hell won't Konami make a few more of these. CONTRA SONGS WOULD ROCK! And yeah, I like Burning Heat as well.[/quote]

i love the breakdown, where it gets old school and the steps are less frequent, then the drum picks up and theres crazy steps bring you back into the remix part XoD

trust co - if you can, pick up 2 of the PO xbox pads from eb.com and get ddrmax1 PO it should come to $35 after coupons, not bad for 2 padded mats and a ddr game XoD

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='MorPhiend']Thanx for the opinions Rig, BigDirty and evilmax! Now I wonder where the new Mario DDR is going to fall in that list.

thats what im saying...i LOVE playing burning heat on max, a game made up of game music would be awesome and possibly my favorite ddr game[/quote]

Why the hell won't Konami make a few more of these. CONTRA SONGS WOULD ROCK! And yeah, I like Burning Heat as well.[/quote]

What about the AWESOMNESS that is the music of Castlevania? Konami is sitting on a wealth of great VG music themes, and I think its nigh time I got to step like a fool to the funky bass of Silence of Daybreak!

Fed Ex guy just came, I got the Dance pad revolution like everyone else.

Edit: Worked fine the first time I used it, now the down arrow will only work sometimes and wont work if either the left or right arrow is being stepped on.

Edit: fuck softmats, Im just gonna built a metal pad.

Just ordered the xbox version this morning. Hopefully it works out the best! They only had one available. Don't have the edge card so it was 9.19 after cag15 and saver. Not too bad if I end up with a good one.

Just got mine in today. Only took two days, not bad at all for free. Well I ended up getting the deluxe dance pad revolution like everyone else. It's in pretty good shape. It does have a tear on the top, but it's not big and can be covered with tape.

I bought two more today, looking to do activities with it at my dorm, so I needed to have four. It was nice to see that at 10 oclock they still had some in. Hopefully I get the deluxes again.

3 xbox mats in stock right now

edit: there should be one more now, I cancelled my order. It looks like Ill be making a metal pad for cheap (lots of the parts for free).

I ordered two pads today (anyone in chat this morning, knows I left one for someone, and no one bought it, so I snatched it up)

now to go and try and get a copy of DDR Ultramix off of the forums

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I ordered two pads today (anyone in chat this morning, knows I left one for someone, and no one bought it, so I snatched it up)

now to go and try and get a copy of DDR Ultramix off of the forums[/quote]

....i was actually trying to order that, remembered i had an edge card, came back and it was gone :) Thanks for the heads up though

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I ordered two pads today (anyone in chat this morning, knows I left one for someone, and no one bought it, so I snatched it up)

....i was actually trying to order that, remembered i had an edge card, came back and it was gone :) Thanks for the heads up though[/quote]

sorry. I wish I would have known.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I ordered two pads today (anyone in chat this morning, knows I left one for someone, and no one bought it, so I snatched it up)

....i was actually trying to order that, remembered i had an edge card, came back and it was gone :) Thanks for the heads up though[/quote]

sorry. I wish I would have known.[/quote]

Its ok. While i was doing that i had AVG running, and it found some virus that had no connection to what happened here. Took me a bit to fix that so i was off and on anyways

Let's hear how they work for ya. I have to take my three back :( They just don't work right. Sweet deal if they did work right though. Some of the arrows don't work.

[quote name='bigjon1805']Let's hear how they work for ya. I have to take my three back :( They just don't work right. Sweet deal if they did work right though. Some of the arrows don't work.[/quote]

my one pad works great. My only problem was the down arrow, but that was more me moving on the pad than anything. After about an hour of playtime, I found the spot it needed to be hit at to get it to work right (like I said, I attribute it more to me sliding, as the one song I stayed in the middle and concentrated, I had a couple of combos going around 15, which is great for a DDR n00b like me)

I need to check my other one later, but have a bit of shopping to do today.

I ordered the redoctane $99 ignition pad and they are not very good like all pads with foam inserts. If you are around 200 lbs like me the foam starts to dent under all the arrors and all the sudden it gets a lot less accurate. I got an official Konami dance pad and did the chairmat mod with it and its still going strong after a year of abuse (at least 4 times a week). If you can't afford a metal dancepad, the chairmat mod is the way to go if you want your pad to last as well as be accurate.

I've been watching for these to come back in stock, I guess I just missed it again ;)

Oh well!

Cag has a chat? what server and channel?

hi everybody, i went to ebgames to try to get in on this deal. what do i have to search for in the search box in the upper left corner to find these cheap pads for under 20.00?

the inventory changes everymorning so i just have to check every morning?

thanks

bread's done
Back