Home Run Derby! Season Winners Announced!

This was an awesome contest. I should've started earlier, and I wish I got in into the football one. Thanks, brian!

1. Carlos Pena - TB
2. Matt Holliday - COL
3. Alfonso Soriano - CHC
4. Troy Tulowitski - COL
5. Mike Lowell - BOS

Tiebreaker: 45

I'll go with the same team I had last week. Thanks Brian, great contest!

Alex Rodriguez - NYY
Ryan Braun - MIL
Carlos Beltran - NYM
Jim Thome - CWS
Alfonso Soriano - CHC

TB - 40HR

PS... Still no results from Week 16? I'm anxious to see if I won! I think I did since I calculated it up, but I might have made a mistake.

Week 17 Picks:

Prince Fielder - Brewers
David Ortiz - Red Sox
Derrek Lee - Chicago Cubs
Brian Giles - Padres
Brad Hawpe - Rockies

TB - 39

Wish I knew about this sooner. Hehe. Thanks Brian for hosting this!

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY
Miguel Cabrera - Florida
Alfonso Soriano - CHC
Carlos Beltran - NYM
Vladimir Guerrero - LAA

Thanks for the contest Brian U the King of contests!

barring a monster weekend from the 3 people with 45 total homeruns. I think Tuffcookie has this won. 4 home run lead is a too large to over come imo especially with the last week of the mlb season and teams using people from the minors in their lineup.

[quote name='Nyquil']barring a monster weekend from the 3 people with 45 total homeruns. I think Tuffcookie has this won. 4 home run lead is a too large to over come imo especially with the last week of the mlb season and teams using people from the minors in their lineup.[/QUOTE]

I still blame it all on missing out on the 2nd week when I didn't make the cut. SO I think only being 4 back despite missing a week ain't bad. But you're right over coming 4 HR's in one week is not gonna happen.

[quote name='mr ryles']I still blame it all on missing out on the 2nd week when I didn't make the cut. SO I think only being 4 back despite missing a week ain't bad. But you're right over coming 4 HR's in one week is not gonna happen.[/quote]
I don't know...tuffcookie has had her share of low scoring weeks, anything's possible. For example, you beat her by 4 HRs in week #9 & week #10.

Yea... I was out of the country for 4 weeks working on an internship and on a cruise the week after that :cry: I couldn't fix my teams because I was deprived of internet.

And Brian, thanks for hosting this :).

[quote name='briansraregames']I don't know...tuffcookie has had her share of low scoring weeks, anything's possible. For example, you beat her by 4 HRs in week #9 & week #10.[/quote]

Carlos Pena
Matt Holliday
Alfonso Soriano
Jim Thome
Aramis Ramirez

Tiebreaker: 56

Thanks to briansraregames for bringing sexy back to Major League Baseball

[quote name='mr ryles']I still blame it all on missing out on the 2nd week when I didn't make the cut. SO I think only being 4 back despite missing a week ain't bad. But you're right over coming 4 HR's in one week is not gonna happen.[/quote]

I missed a week because of the cut also. That's just how things go. It's not like anyone paid to enter this, so I don't think anyone has any right to complain.

Thanks to briansraregames for running this whole thing, it's the only reason I paid any attention to the MLB this year.

1) Carlos Pena - TB
2) Matt Holliday - COL
3) Adrian Gonzalez - SD
4) Alfonso Soriano - CHC
5) Carlos Beltran - NYM

tiebreaker - 48

I just wanted to thank you again Brian for putting on this contest, it has been awesome. I also wanted to let you know that I got my prize last week and it rules.

Carlos Pena TB
David Ortiz BOS
Hideki Matsui NYY
David Wright NYM
Carlos Beltran NYM

Tiebreaker 45

Great contest, Brian! I'll be waiting when it comes back next year!
...Unless we have a playoff edition.

i hope my mets pull out of this atrocity that is happening

David Wright- NYM
Carlos Delgado-NYM
Carlos Beltran - NYM
Moises Alou- NYM
Alex Rodriguez - NYY

tiebreaker 60

It was fun when it lasted and my only regret is i didn't win any weeks :( oh well i will pm my team to you later tonight and i will pray for a miracle cause i really want to buy a wii and a free gift card would be wonderful XD

[quote name='Nyquil']It was fun when it lasted and my only regret is i didn't win any weeks :( oh well i will pm my team to you later tonight and i will pray for a miracle cause i really want to buy a wii and a free gift card would be wonderful XD[/QUOTE]

I still got this week, I'm as confident as ever in my team.

[quote name='mr ryles']I still got this week, I'm as confident as ever in my team.[/QUOTE]

best of luck to you then. everyone behind tuffcookie needs it this weekend XD

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY
ALBERT PUJOLS - STL
Alfonso Soriano - CHC
Lance Berkman - HOU
Jim Thome - CWS

TB-47

Thanks 4 doing the contest brian :bow: :D :bouncy:

Lol, there's no way I can catch up to tuffcookie. We've got three of the same players. I doubt that my two different players will hit four more home runs than her two different players.

Wow, I think I won this week with 4 HRs and 7 RBIs. (Troy Tulowitski grand slam!)

EDIT: Wait, how are the RBI's calculated? I just counted the RBIs that came off of homers.
EDIT2: Ah, I see, I have 12 RBIs. I understand now.

[quote name='EXStrike']I see how to calculate RBis now.. so.. tiebreaker?! Maybe? Hopefully?[/quote]
If I counted right, there were 53 home runs this weekend, which would mean I was off by 6 on the tiebreak, and you were off by 8. Someone probably had more homers or rbis than either of us anyways, so it probably won't matter.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

[quote name='mr ryles']I failed this week.[/QUOTE]

agreed... I was in the runnings and had a combined zero homers the last two weeks.

Wow, a nice surprise only played one week (Week 16) and won. A little idea, but ever thought about doing this for the NFL season, but using TD's instead?

[quote name='birdmann']Wow, a nice surprise only played one week (Week 16) and won. A little idea, but ever thought about doing this for the NFL season, but using TD's instead?[/quote]

Maybe...

Oh, and did you get my PM? I need to know what prize you would like!

Awesome, I figured someone else would have beat me. I finally got another win!

Congragulations to Tuffcookie for being so consistantly good, and to link927 for being lucky. :)

[quote name='briansraregames']Maybe...

Oh, and did you get my PM? I need to know what prize you would like![/QUOTE]

Yea I got it and shot you back a PM.

Appreciate it.

bread's done
Back