Home Theater Related Question

Techman16

CAGiversary!
I have the following LED HDTV Samsung 39in. It only has 1 component input that can also be used as a composite input by only using the green input from the component input. So what I want to do in get the following A/V switch box and hook up a NES, a N64 and a Xbox 360 (using component cables for the xbox only and using composite cables for the other two). Will this setup work by itself or would I have to manually keep switching the cables?
Thanks

About a decade ago I had an unpowered composite/component switcher box--I think it was a Pelican brand (pretty sure they don't even make electronic accessories anymore?) and it would only pass-thru the signal that it was given: component>component & composite>composite.

The product description doesn't seem to make any reference to "converting" inputs, I'd definitely be wary.
You could try chatting with Monoprice directly here using the Product Support link in a big blue image near the middle of the page. I hear their CS is excellent--I've ordered from them a few times and never had trouble so I never had any reason to deal with them otherwise.

Are you using an antique 360, is that why you're not running it through an HDMI?

OP, that one won't work because it only works for component cables and not composite cables. The sixth port between RGB video and R/W audio is a RCA connection for surround sound audio and not RCA composite video.

bread's done
Back